Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Im really impressed because it really does feel like a proper military setting. It reminds in that regard to Hisone to Matosan where you have a fantasy elements imposed on a realistic military background. Like if you had people that were in the military advice on the setting.

Also both the pilots somehow end up naked inside their mechas???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Im thinking that Bravern just cant be fully utilized with someone that is similar personality wise to them. That there has to be some conflict between the pilot and mech to draw out power to it. In the second episode they were pretty in sync until Bravern randomly told them that they are going to use a different finisher attack despite it basically still being just a slash. The moment Isami reacts by getting angry and calling it stupid the power bar on the controls fills up. So if say Smith eventually gets a robot himself, it should be the polar opposite of him personality wise, a tsuntsun robot

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The courtship customs of the Gawapi

Weird imagery of the turtle laying an egg at the start of the episode and Isami being shat out from bravern at the end.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Jan 26, 2024

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Lulu is hilarious. Theres a lot of toddler like characters in mecha but here is a girl that is literally a toddler. You have to teach her new words, she misuses them always, throws tantrums until she falls asleep and pukes when she eats solid food.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Lulu is growing more powerful with each preview.

The final preview she will giving out the abstract on her thesis on why the subjugation of mankind is not only necessary but the ethical thing to do.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Feb 6, 2024

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Ga-ga-yes

You know I'm pretty impressed with the writing and storyboarding of the show. The comedic timing is spot on and it can flip into serious real life topics on a dime to make poignant notes. My military background is tickled by things like the commanders briefings and little details like the Sergeant Major shouting "On your feet!" when the commanding officer is leaving the room. I mentioned that the blend of fantasy and grounded day to day military life reminded of hisone & matosan and apparently some of the writers worked on it too.

The SGM talking with the LTC is also one of those grounded moments. You have a very senior NCO that falls into the command of a younger LTC after his previous commander and XO are killed in action. The LTC mentioning that the SGM would probably prefer to have a more experienced officer over him, its a pretty common though officers have when they get rushed into command. (Albeit kinda odd in here because LTCs are still senior officers, it would have made more sense if he was a captain. I saw brand new 2LTs being put as company commanders because a massive officer shortage at one point)

Also Endeavour is voicing the next Gagapiang, so I really want to see him get imprinted on Smith

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Slyphic posted:

A dog sound being lost to the sands of time is fine by me. But the sound a computer makes is something someone decided within living memory. There's an answer, I'm just not equipped to find it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnFQZa8SKP8&t=464s

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

You know its funny that someone was complaining about the gagapi onomatopoeia and its right there when the deathdrive shows up

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Really amazing how the series nails down the levity after some serious poo poo and vice versa . Just about every episode has something like that. It genuinely dark when Isami is progressively losing his poo poo about not finding a single living person and Smith dejected saying that it really doesn't look like they are going to find anyone. Then surprise lulu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Add Dear God! to the thread title