Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Obligatory Twitter-alternate link for the character designer: https://nitter.net/sangsilnoh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

I like to imagine that he was told it was told it was going to be an easy posting and he planned on spending all his time on the beach. Then the show happened.

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Kwyndig posted:

It was just weird that the bad guy wanted to die, but it had to be in a specific way.

I saw it as an extension of the type of character who really wants to be killed by a better swordsman etc, only they're a robot. And if you're a robot, you have to go boom.

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I’m assuming so- Smith merged with the extra horny Death Drive so that would explain where he got all of that knowledge as well as why he was speaking about Isami in very sexual ways (and the fact that Smith wants to gently caress Isami probably helps as well)

I'm wondering if Bravern (and the printer etc) is the 8th piece of the mothership (as mentioned in episode 2). We have the 7 pillars and robots but that leaves one more that landed. Or it could just be an error in the subs and it's 8 pieces, 7 of which landed on Earth. That would still leave the question of where Bravern physically came from, though.

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Synthbuttrange posted:

Seems pretty clear to me though that Cunus, Smith and the remains of his mech fused together and used her spacetime stuff to loop back.

I still want to know where the hyperdimensional 3d printer came from.

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Captain Fargle posted:

I am going to be so disappointed if the series doesn't end with Bravern proposing to Isami while trying to hold a normal rear end wedding ring in his giant gundam hand.

Would Bravern wear a tuxedo or get a new paint job?

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Saoshyant posted:

Yes.

Also, yes.

But which one? Can the printer manage a suit? Or would he just prefer a snazzy new coat of paint?

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Saoshyant posted:

Friend, are we even watching the same anime? It's Bravern! It's both!

BRAVE TUXEDO!

And a new snazzy coat of paint to go along with it.

Oh right, he's going to print more robot pieces that will make it look like a new suit.

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

The video shitposts continue:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqIQC818FqM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5mOvbeRTD8

I love this team.

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Sure, why not, what's one more genre added to the pile?

Maera Sior fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Mar 14, 2024

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Caphi posted:

Oh no they made it weird.

Guess I'm wrong for once - there was a double time loop, but beyond that, I'm full of poo poo about who looped, why, and when. Never been happier to be dumb.

Outside of the weird bit, some really good gags - the I <3 ROBOTS shirt and the ga-ga-pi subtitles switching absolutely got me.

I have not seen alternate-future Superbia doing sword maintenance mentioned anywhere, but I died at that.

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

I didn't recognize the first voice actor, but I sure recognized the second. Turns out I've even heard both in the same show!

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Arc Hammer posted:

Is it 12 or 13 episodes? I hope it's 13 and then the rest of the cast arrives with their TS forces and the fleet to back up Superbia while whatever shenanigans with Bravern play out.

I thought I read that it was confirmed as 12, but I'm honestly not sure how they can do it in just one more episode.

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Nah, Isami saying that they have love and passion is just them being good friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

I would have been ok with Isami and Smith going on a date during the credits. They tour the hangar bay filled with the 3d printed models and Smith is pointing out which shows they're from.