Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I like how unsubtle this show is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Im thinking that Bravern just cant be fully utilized with someone that is similar personality wise to them. That there has to be some conflict between the pilot and mech to draw out power to it. In the second episode they were pretty in sync until Bravern randomly told them that they are going to use a different finisher attack despite it basically still being just a slash. The moment Isami reacts by getting angry and calling it stupid the power bar on the controls fills up. So if say Smith eventually gets a robot himself, it should be the polar opposite of him personality wise, a tsuntsun robot

My guess is that he's going to get in one of the evil robots at some point.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I like how Smith's shorts look like a face.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I think Lulu is piccolo

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Kwyndig posted:

Drinking that much water would kill you though.

That's just what the torturers want you to think

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

RangerKarl posted:

Looks to me like an old TV broadcast with something that looks a lot like Bravern's patterning.

I'm going to throw out a guess and say that's an old show Smith used to watch as a kid and they put it on to entertain lulu while everyone goes out to fight or something.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Caphi posted:

Anyway I have new theories.

Put simply, we're in a triple time loop. The line about the brain system "picking its own targets" is extremely sus. The way it goes is this:
1) The brain system is originally developed. Lulu Prime is the subpilot. At some point she dies and the system goes Skynet from negative feedback. Being based on rage and depression, it creates the Death Drives, robots that want to die in ways based on the seven eight (original) cardinal sins. Because it still needs a human core, it clones Lulus, but the Lulus are arrested and have no vital animation that could conflict with the Death Drives' death drives. Possibly this symbolizes being dead inside or having nothing to live for.
2) The Death Drives go back in time, possibly because they've killed everyone else and there's no one left to kill them. Someone, possibly Smith and/or someone connected with the alternate Lulu, successfully hijacks a Superbia and manages to pilot it. Because of the brain sync, Superbia (the Death Drive of Pride, known for liking a brave and noble fight) begins melding with Smith, a hero fanboy, and realizes that the Drives can get more power from actual, active human emotions than just the motions of life, possibly mutating into a "Life Drive."
3) Superbia/Smith remodels itself based on Sparkaiser and goes back in time again, seeking out Smith's rival/boyfriend to be its second(?) pilot. We are here.

The main hitch in this theory is that Bravern didn't know about Lulus, and the new Superbia seems to know what a Lulu is, if not that they're potential human beings. It's possible that the information was lost when Superbia's mind turned into Bravern's, but that's a bit of a stretch.

e: also the final boss will be an evolved version of the brain robot, or have the brain robot hidden in its core. An Edgy Smith will be in it, and Isami will have to G Gundam it.

Something less complex is basically what I'm thinking.

Smith's new robot looks like it's based on Bravern but the reverse is going to be true, it's proto-bravern and Smith, Lulu and their cool robot are going to get lost at some point and the deathdrives/bravern are going to just be the next step in that tech with the pilot's mind being merged with the robot and lulu being the fuel source. Maybe all the deathdrives were normal dudes once who had to become giant robots, and bravern is smith having finally traveled back through space and time now a giant robot.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

That explosion imploded at the end

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Azubah posted:

I think it's partly that the death drives need a human as a power source for their bullshit abilities. Usually they burn them out like the Lulus but something about an awake, pissed off hot blooded pilot instead of a puppet is the key to victory.

I assume normally if you just let the human recover and relax between fights they'll probably be fine. But the way the death drives use the Lulu's is they seem to just like, juice up with her entire life span in one go, pop her out and get a new one.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Azubah posted:

I feel bad for that poor bastard that was sent into space.

Maybe he'll come back

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

How many episodes are left? One more after this one?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

drat this show is still good as hell

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Okay but I want to see them in a real srw

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Endorph posted:

you could just move bravern and superbia actually fading away to the epilogue of said SRW game

but yeah my only real complaint with this show is that i wish the sidecast got more screentime because they all feel like fun characters but barely got any lines

That's most likely how it'll go, yeah. Or they'll have a way to let you unlock smith and keep bravern. My only disappointment with this finale is Superbia didn't get to come back as a human, man's just gone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Southern Cassowary posted:

honestly i think this show benefited a lot from the brisk pacing of being a single cour and 2+ cours might not have worked as well.

an extra episode to have a goofy adventure with the side crew would have been neat though

A singular, even short, post-finale epilogue episode where everyone's just hanging out would be nice.