Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

this show loving owns

i was thinking "is isami gonna get hit again???" in the van, 0079 style... and whats the deal with lulu??

also i hope bob cia shows up again, so he can die

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

GateOfD posted:

looking forward to Bravern in a future SRW game

:yeah:

im very glad the cia guys got owned, and also that smith is a dad now

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

dude drama...

dudrama.

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

extremely good ep, its nice to see more pilots too :)

and here i was thinking lulu would become a subpilot in smiths TS but maybe they all just team up with superbia??

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

smith...?? smith?????? :ohdear:

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

holy poo poo

but if smith is a robot now how will he kiss isami????

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

aaa was finally able to watch this weeks ep and it really Was a time loop.......... :eyepop:

also dam im glad lulus powering up!!! she rules So Hard!! imo theres like one kinda innuendoy bit in the ep but honestly its just a goofy part so eh w/e, and theyre obv not related for the honorific thing too

a very good episode.

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

why would we be left on a cliffhanger this big for a week...........

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

Nuebot posted:

Okay but I want to see them in a real srw

:pray:

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

i need more episodes of, "bang brave bang bravern",

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

Captain Fargle posted:

Actually letting your gay couple embrace and be a couple. Maybe have any kind of acknowledgement at all of their relationship in your finale instead of just having things carry on like he didn't just declare his love the last time they were alone together?

but... isami said they were powered by love during the big scene??? also, its so blatantly obvious idk how much more it could have been barring the characters literally turning to the screen and going "we are gay and going to raise a future time travelling adoptive daughter" directly at the camera

like i get wanting things to be Gayer but, this was also pretty gay and it feels odd, to see people go it only Really Counts As True Gay if they kiss or smth at the end

Endorph posted:

this fixation on like, kissing or w/e, is kinda weird. a lot of straight romance anime dont end with that lol. it feels mostly like projection outwards as needing something to 'prove' its gay when even if they did make out for 20 minutes uninterrupted people would still ignore it. idk

like 'not missing anything...' but 11 itself means a lot. its weird to act like it doesnt matter just because they didnt perform this hyperspecific action. its basically arguments homophobes make to dismiss gay text but from the opposite direction

uh whoops i was typing for too long but, basically this yeah

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I mean, at the end of Witch of Mercury the couple got married so it's not a stretch to ask for a kiss.

but they also don't actually show the marriage at all or kiss either??? they show rings and make an in laws joke and its also blatantly obvious but there was also, no actual kissing there

and also some bandai ceo got so terrified of it they tried desperately backpedaling like 4 months later wrt a censored VA interview, to the confusion of basically everyone (ah endorph beat me again!!)

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

Maera Sior posted:

I would have been ok with Isami and Smith going on a date during the credits. They tour the hangar bay filled with the 3d printed models and Smith is pointing out which shows they're from.

yeah that would have been sick as gently caress!!!

i want more episodes only now its just a chill slice of life.....

also, rip superbia :rip:

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

https://twitter.com/foldermanj/status/1773389400631853204

ahhhh thats a really cool detail they did for smith post revival

also heres a very cute finale artwork :)
https://twitter.com/sangsilnoh/status/1773375294717493498

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

Saoshyant posted:

I will forgive Isami for cowardly sniveling for way too long because in the end everyone has the ability to burn bravely, to find courage in themselves to beat all odds no matter how hard things are!

BANG

BRAVE

BRAVERN!!

honestly i really like the characterization for isami in that hes kind of a scaredy cat and wuss when the chips go down and poo poo gets Real, its a really cool bit!!

also ive been wondering how they're gonna do this in a real SRW when the robots explode at the end of the show (rip superbia)... do they just reshuffle that to the end of the game??

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

Hunter Noventa posted:

They've technobabbled their way around stuff like that before.

yeah they could just go uhhh there was so much good vibes/bravery/something else they didn't blow up or revived or w/e

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

Endorph posted:

you could just move bravern and superbia actually fading away to the epilogue of said SRW game

but yeah my only real complaint with this show is that i wish the sidecast got more screentime because they all feel like fun characters but barely got any lines

yea that feels like the easiest way to pull it off

its kind of a similar Thing that g witch had imo, really neat supporting cast and world, and u don't really see too much of it or get too much on the supporting chars vs the main chars who get Tons