Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I keep thinking of Smith thinking "yeah, he's handsome..." to himself and I'm sure he's talking about Bravern. I think this ends with a gattai that'll represent polycules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

oh yeah the eyecatch is so perfect, too

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

It was hidden so well that my mecha friend going in was like "I'll give it a shot since it's Obari, but looks like a plain military mecha show, and it's CG mechs so who knows" and I'm pretty sure part of the reason Crunchyroll waited until this week to get the show was because they didn't know either and figured it wasn't gonna be worth licensing lol

None of this made sense to me until I remembered who Cygames is. Of course the company raking in the granblue fantasy money can do a big gay obari mecha and hide the premise of it for shits and giggles.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Perfect show, no notes.

here's my notes: i'll mark spoiler even though teh show ended last week and i'm talking as far back as ep 8
Smith should've died in Episode 7. The first half of the show is just a little too slow, specially the tactical stuff, to condense it by 1 episode and then give an episode to the timeline where they beat Ira but Superbia isn't there would've done wonders. The chunk of an episode we spend there's already pretty good, but doing that a whole episode that ends with the time travel would've helped our bonds with the sidecast without necessarily giving them more focus (just a glance of how they deal with the future besides the 1) and more Superbia adapting throughout the years. However, I can see why this couldn't have worked: showing any of that timeline's Ira fight would be necessary and this production seems totally bottlenecked by the fights.

But that's my only complaint. There's too much downtime between double entenderes and Smith/Isami's relationship's progression in that first half.
the pacing for the last 2 episodes was absolutely perfect and i loved where it all ended