Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slyphic
Oct 12, 2021

All we do is walk around believing birds!

Waffleman_ posted:

I was rewatching the OP and I realized that with the number of robot silhouettes and the Starscream-looking guy

I think Isami is going to have to defeat Bravern's seven evil exes
Seven evil ex crystal gems

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slyphic
Oct 12, 2021

How else can one test a printer than filling your man(robot?)-cave with gunpla?

Slyphic
Oct 12, 2021

I missed it in the moment, but Hibiki goes from aghast surprise to just pleasantly happy. "You're into this?! ... A'ight, we're both into this."

Slyphic
Oct 12, 2021

I like making gifs of this show.

Ga-Wa-Pi!

I'll take him some weiners later

ED

Watch this, you can actually pinpoint the second when his heart rips in half

Get out of the loving robot Shinji

Slyphic fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Feb 9, 2024

Slyphic
Oct 12, 2021

My theory, it's just a PoV flipped video game Isekai. Bravern has been reincarnated or something and knows the plot. "Brave Slash!" "No, this time it's Brave Zubash!" or "You'll learn of it sooner or later". But we can only see the Isekai from the perspective of the NPCs

Slyphic
Oct 12, 2021

I actually think it's just that in the next frames her expression isn't important, so it got a generic blank smiling face while we focus on the mechanic. But it's more fun incorporate it into the story.

Slyphic
Oct 12, 2021

OK, so I kind of know the origin of beep-boop as computer sounds, because that's literally the sounds you'd get from the first generation of industrial computers, high tone and low tone to alert operators.

Is ga and pii the same, low tone and high tone? Pii I can see, but ga doesn't sound right for it. Maybe a drive motor for paper output?

Slyphic
Oct 12, 2021

A dog sound being lost to the sands of time is fine by me. But the sound a computer makes is something someone decided within living memory. There's an answer, I'm just not equipped to find it.

Slyphic
Oct 12, 2021

Cao Ni Ma posted:

You know its funny that someone was complaining about the gagapi onomatopoeia and its right there when the deathdrive shows up
Wasn't complaining, just wondering if anyone knew the origin. I've touched more than my share of computers from before the internet through present, and that wasn't a sound I could place; modem handshake seemed reasonable, especially considering I know jack poo poo about pre-cellular japanese telephony.

Slyphic
Oct 12, 2021

I love wherever this plot is going, and the dialogue as well. But the physical humor they're consistently animating in is what endears this anime to me the most. All these little flourishes that just elevate the show from 'good' to one of the most enjoyable shows I've watched in a long long time. Bravissimo to the director and storyboarders and animators.

Episode 7 gifs:

Every one of those moments got a hearty guffaw out of me, and CIA bob delivering on the promised gag brought tears to my eyes.

Slyphic
Oct 12, 2021

Wikipedia says that was the last episode of the season. Sure felt like it too. I hope there's a second half or season 2 ready to go, because that abrupt of a non-ending would be an awful way for this series to end.

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I don't think it's gonna be a time loop

Slyphic fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Feb 29, 2024

Slyphic
Oct 12, 2021

Arc Hammer posted:

Weren't they all aboard the fleet before the mist hit and then they were back on land?
I couldn't follow exactly where they were either, somewhere between Japan and Europe?
Also apparently nothing's happening in the rest of Asia or Africa, just going to sail on by to Europe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slyphic
Oct 12, 2021