Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022
I finally watched the first two episodes.

What the gently caress is happening.

I am here for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

Arc Hammer posted:

Submerge yourself in Bravern's fluids just like in The Abyss.

The Abyss reference in the show was pure psychic damage. When it was happening, I was in the middle of saying to my partner "hey just like in The Abyss" and then Bravern said the thing while I was saying it, and then I felt really old.

HamburgerTownUSA fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Jan 27, 2024

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

Fivemarks posted:

Oh god I just realized that The Abyss is contemporaneous with both the original run of Brave shows and what inspired it. Holy poo poo Bravern might just actually be a huge nerd for Earth Culture, just not to the extent of the aliens in Galaxy Quest.

If Bravern turns out to be a huge fan of the Brave series of anime my brain will break from the meta.

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022
That one dude was like I'm going to bring Bravern some weiners.

and then he did

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

Polikarpov posted:

Turns out if you don't want to get waterboarded you can just drink all the water

AMERICANS HATE THIS ONE TRICK

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022
Another fun and definitely totally straight episode.

I also look forward to all the Bravern plamo that they surely weren't trying to hint at.

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Ga-ga-yes

Also Endeavour is voicing the next Gagapiang, so I really want to see him get imprinted on Smith

I wonder how much of Tetsu Inada getting that role is based on his existing body of work, or from him hanging around the CyberFight guys already.

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022
Just finished watching latest EP.

Whuuuuuuu?

Also post credits scene for anyone that missed it.

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022
Obari casually reminding people that Burn Bravern has been in the opening since Episode 1

https://twitter.com/G1_BARI/status/1765776994250494206

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

Maera Sior posted:

Oh right, he's going to print more robot pieces that will make it look like a new suit.

gattai lever is for both business and casual use.

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

yeah I figured as much but if it has power of love / friendship that's close enough for me. plus seeing that it's a shorter series is also a much easier sell

We will await your response once you have begun your journey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

Booky posted:

but they also don't actually show the marriage at all or kiss either??? they show rings and make an in laws joke and its also blatantly obvious but there was also, no actual kissing there

and also some bandai ceo got so terrified of it they tried desperately backpedaling like 4 months later wrt a censored VA interview, to the confusion of basically everyone (ah endorph beat me again!!)

Suletta and Miorine had more emotional and physical contact with one another than anyone else in the show, including Suletta's parents.

Nobody did much of anything romantically in general in the show on account of all the war criming and whatnot happening.

At least the GWitch staff put out that "unofficial" doujin at comiket afterwards that was basically "gently caress that dude, they're married".

Fangz posted:

There's literal time travel in this setting.

I really hope the poster that recently came in to this thread like "I'm going to watch this show!" noped the gently caress out of here until they finish watching the show, because goddamn in retrospect there was some wild poo poo that happened in Bravern.

HamburgerTownUSA fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Mar 29, 2024