Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
I know nothing of this series but I saw Brave in the title and assume that it's somehow related to the Brave series. are robots our best friends in this one too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Waffleman_ posted:

It's also not related to the Brave series, that series uses Yuusha and not Brave

I mean it's riffing on it, but it's not official

yeah I figured as much but if it has power of love / friendship that's close enough for me. plus seeing that it's a shorter series is also a much easier sell

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

HamburgerTownUSA posted:

We will await your response once you have begun your journey.

watched the first episode last night. I love the military mechs being Heavy Gears, complete with roller skates. they sure do know how to get me into a series

I like the vibes and am avoiding spoilers since today is last episode. so I'll likely not be reading the thread much til I can bang through more episodes

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
oh I forgot to mention Isami being able to hear the theme song playing and being confused was some good poo poo. clearly the director knows what's up

Endorph posted:

its directed by masami obari, who was a mecha designer, animation director, and key animator for some of the brave series. he was most involved with fighbird, but he worked on all of them besides goldran and dagwon.

yup this makes sense

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
you know arresting Isami makes the most sense when you think about this kind of situation. hella dark for an anime tho

the juxtaposition of Bravern stating that Isami came inside him is 1000% intentional and hilarious

loving lol that Lewis gave Isami a Bright slap

double lol that Bravern interrupted the super attack

I R SMART LIKE ROCK fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Mar 31, 2024

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
ending episode 4 with Tokyo getting wiped is a hell of a tone setter

the show has passed the 3 episode test and has a lot of potential. there are too many places to save for the amount of episodes left. so we're going to need a plot acceleration device

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
Brave the Summon, while cool, immediately begs the question of what endgame power level looks like. it looks like we're going to get wild

the fact that Brave's intro sequence is actually on display for people to see, killed me

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
a mother loving gattai. I should have seen it coming

while time travel was a plot point in GaoGaiGar I didn't see it coming here

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
ok finished it and what a great show. I'll happily play whichever SRW this debuts in. so many amazing cut ins

bravery and courage truly conquer all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Its such a shoe-in addition for SRW
Not many units, an excuse to travel the world, enemies disconnected from the world, upgrades that unlock during fights.

The only thing thats iffy is that it takes place on actual earth and its the US, Japan and Germany

we've had SRW's with multiple Japans before. it can be done. they could always change the fight locations and keep the stories mostly intact

I was a little worried of Getter Rays when Smith started talking but it stuck the landing