Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Fungah!)
Which one?
This poll is closed.
Blood Simple 1 5.88%
Raising Arizona 2 11.76%
Miller's Crossing 1 5.88%
Barton Fink 1 5.88%
The Hudsucker Proxy 0 0%
Fargo 1 5.88%
The Big Lebowski 3 17.65%
O Brother, Where Art Thou? 1 5.88%
The Man who Wasn't There 0 0%
Intolerable Cruelty 0 0%
The Ladykillers 0 0%
No Country for Old Men 3 17.65%
Burn After Reading 1 5.88%
A Serious Man 2 11.76%
True Grit 0 0%
Inside Llewin Davis 0 0%
Hail, Caesar! 0 0%
The Ballad of Buster Scruggs 1 5.88%
Total: 17 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

no garfield?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

im gonna watch all of these in order

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

I was gonna watch in order but felt compelled to start with Raising Arizona. It is really surprising for only being their second movie how many similar themes from their later catalog are explored here. You have an indescribable antagonist that is born of nature and not man, the ineptitude of well, everyone, but also just the way this movie is shot just feels really ahead of its time for 1987. The cast is excellent all around here and this actually felt like a very sweet, optimistic film by the duo compared to most their other work. I would say if theres anything lacking it just feels very hollow beyond the main plot but maybe thats by design considering how simple everyone in the film is. 8.5/10

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

yeah if theres anything i thought that really stuck out its how much ed and hi really loved each other

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

symbolic posted:

i watched Arizona back in October and tbh it wouldnt rank among my Coen favs (so far), felt like growing pains with trying to mix the comedy with the drama. car chase and ending are all-timers though. if i have time i might give it a rewatch with a more open mind

Hi's ex-con buddies forgetting the baby multiple times and then willfully going back to prison really got me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

gonna watch millers crossing 2nite