Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Fungah!)
Which one?
This poll is closed.
Blood Simple 1 5.88%
Raising Arizona 2 11.76%
Miller's Crossing 1 5.88%
Barton Fink 1 5.88%
The Hudsucker Proxy 0 0%
Fargo 1 5.88%
The Big Lebowski 3 17.65%
O Brother, Where Art Thou? 1 5.88%
The Man who Wasn't There 0 0%
Intolerable Cruelty 0 0%
The Ladykillers 0 0%
No Country for Old Men 3 17.65%
Burn After Reading 1 5.88%
A Serious Man 2 11.76%
True Grit 0 0%
Inside Llewin Davis 0 0%
Hail, Caesar! 0 0%
The Ballad of Buster Scruggs 1 5.88%
Total: 17 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

I'm going to try and watch all the ones I haven't seen yet
Blood Simple
Miller's Crossing
Barton Fink
The Man Who Wasn't There
The Ladykillers
A Serious Man
Inside Llewyn Davis
Hail, Caesar!

herculon fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Feb 5, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Fungah! posted:

all of em but fargo rewatch, o brother, llewyn davis, serious man, true grit for sure. i havent seen miller's crossing or raising arizona though

I'm beggin you to watch Raising Arizona

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Inside Llewyn Davis was a good film. Coen Bros knew early on that Oscar Isaac and Adam Driver in the same movie is a recipe for cinematic greatness.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Fungah! posted:

god th scene where llewyn asks him where to put his box of unsold records and adam driver has to move his own box of unsold records to give him room lmfao

lol yeah and it's a well done movie where you pick up hints along the way like why llewyn is solo, why he needs a partner, and what happened to his partner. At first I thought the ending was doing a Taxi Driver type of thing where the movie just loops over again, but I realized the beginning was a flashforward.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Blood Simple was very well done for a pair of filmmaking newcomers. Looked into the making of the film, and Bruce Campbell was slated to be in it. He's in a very early promo trailer for investors. I highly recommend this movie.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Punished Chuck posted:

the gal who got rattled was my favorite one when I saw it, a belief that I’m alone among all God’s creatures in having.

it was also my favorite back when I first watched it

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

elf help book posted:

you linked to this thread lol

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

A Serious Man

It was good, sure. Well acted and all that. I already know life sucks, I don't need to watch a movie about it. Slight don't recommend