Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/rondarouseyszn/status/1775360450781229432

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I dunno why but my immediate instinct says somebody put Gulak up to that.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

You’d figure he’d know better after the animal sex abuse thing with his brother.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
Can't believe they are going to blur the tutorial level of the WWE 2K games now.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

The Chikara legacy lives on

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

wasn't his brother named as an abuser even prior to Speaking Out?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Wasn't he allegedly friendly with someone who ate turds?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Lamuella posted:

wasn't his brother named as an abuser even prior to Speaking Out?

Yeah, Rory was a trainer and his behavior was so gross that Quack had to get rid of him. Considering how the big part of Speaking Out/Chikara was that Quack was turning a blind eye to what his trainers were up to, that says a lot.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Not that I think it's irrelevant, but I think focusing on Gulak's brother or even Gulak himself is kinda missing the point. Ronda made a point to say that this happened in a hallway, with other people around, and nobody reacted. If an undercard guy with absolutely no power felt like he could get away with putting his hands on a tippy tippy top main event star, that....says a lot. A lot, a lot.

(also, again, it really just smells to me like he might've been put up to it. Like somebody told him to do it to Ronda as a "rib" or some poo poo. And again, undercard guy with absolutely no power, what's he gonna do, refuse?)

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

If you're going to rib Ronda, you should really just bring up Sandy Hook & actually shame her for all her abysmally bigoted opinions, rather than trying to pull down her troos.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

forkboy84 posted:

If you're going to rib Ronda, you should really just bring up Sandy Hook & actually shame her for all her abysmally bigoted opinions, rather than trying to pull down her troos.

Why would people in WWE rib someone for stuff they agree with?

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

MassRafTer posted:

Why would people in WWE rib someone for stuff they agree with?

Yeah, they would just ask her to join bible study

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

MJeff posted:

Not that I think it's irrelevant, but I think focusing on Gulak's brother or even Gulak himself is kinda missing the point. Ronda made a point to say that this happened in a hallway, with other people around, and nobody reacted. If an undercard guy with absolutely no power felt like he could get away with putting his hands on a tippy tippy top main event star, that....says a lot. A lot, a lot.

(also, again, it really just smells to me like he might've been put up to it. Like somebody told him to do it to Ronda as a "rib" or some poo poo. And again, undercard guy with absolutely no power, what's he gonna do, refuse?)
What is this? When has any undercard person ever performed a rib at the behest of someone else?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

keithy george posted:

What is this? When has any undercard person ever performed a rib at the behest of someone else?

Bradshaw used to do it on behalf of Vince. Doesn't seem like a huge leap that he'd (or other 'locker room leaders') enlist others to do it too.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

flashy_mcflash posted:

Bradshaw used to do it on behalf of Vince. Doesn't seem like a huge leap that he'd (or other 'locker room leaders') enlist others to do it too.
Not only does that collection of quotes mentioned McMahon instructing Bradshaw to 'haze'/'rib'/'harass'/'assault' other wrestlers, that article also has stories of Bradshaw telling newer/lower card wrestlers (MNM, the Hardy Boys) being assigned hazing tasks by Bradshaw to 'rib' people (stealing Justin Roberts's passport while on a European tour, sticking toothpicks into Don Callis's rental car's keyholes).

Ultimate responsibility still falls on Gulak for his actions regardless of the circumstances, but the idea someone in WWE instructed/dared Gulak into doing does not seem at all implausible.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Right. Drew is a poo poo for doing it, but it still needs to be dug deeper. WWE is more than happy to just let people think these are one off events. But with the scope pulled out it's pretty obvious that it's an entire culture that cultivates these actions along with complacency in letting them happen.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Exactly. And even if it was just something he did entirely by himself, I think the point Ronda is trying to make is that there was a culture where he felt it was acceptable to do that with other people around - something he was apparently right about, because according to Ronda, nobody reacted.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Maybe I'm wrong on this, but I've long thought about the Plane Ride from Hell and that if Vince stuck his head through the curtain separating the wrestlers from first class and promptly told them to knock their poo poo off and go to sleep, they probably would've done just that. He didn't because they were living the exact working culture he wanted to encourage. Heck, much like these "ribs" he probably found the whole thing hilarious.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

There's basically no doubt about any of that. Company culture comes from the top, and what you saw and continue to see is purestrain Vince, and his family and inner circle that continue to foster it in his absence.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Absolutely. His way of dealing with the plane ride was JR because then he also got to abuse JR. He wanted that environment.

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh
It's funny that it was called the Plane Ride from Hell when all they did on the flight was exactly what they did in the locker room/backstage on a routine basis.

Should've been called the Plane Ride from WWE.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I too shove my hand into people's crotches and start grabbing stuff when I want to shake their hands. Insane lie.

https://twitter.com/DrewGulak/status/1775549505875702075

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

:cripes:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

"What, you don't thrust your hand out at below somebody's navel when you shake your hand? And I'M the weird one?"

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

I too shove my hand into people's crotches and start grabbing stuff when I want to shake their hands. Insane lie.

https://twitter.com/DrewGulak/status/1775549505875702075

Was i mishearing what Ronda said? She never said he reach down her pants just that he was walking by and grabbed the strings hanging on the outside. Still weird but that tweet is making it seem like her forced his hands into her pants to grope her

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
also fwiw i dont trust gulak because of all the horrendous stuff that came out about his brother who i'm positive is a trainer at his catchpoint wrestling school

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

She never said he reached down her pants

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

KungFu Grip posted:

Was i mishearing what Ronda said? She never said he reach down her pants just that he was walking by and grabbed the strings hanging on the outside. Still weird but that tweet is making it seem like her forced his hands into her pants to grope her

The drawstring hangs at your crotch. I think he's making it seem like he brushed his hand on it rather than grabbed it which comes off much worse, but his story makes zero sense.

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Apr 3, 2024

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

He should really have just not tweeted. Perfect situation to just shut up.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Drew was going for the tried-and-true rib of made you look at your unzipped fly but called an audible when he saw drawstrings

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'm reading the news. i'm seeing that people are thinking drew gulak was pressured into groping someone. it looks like now instead of snitching to avoid being blacklisted from wrestling, he is protecting his pathetic nobody role in wwe that he probably won't even have for much longer and saying nothing really happened. seems like a pretty bad idea if the theory holds true. will we ever find out the truth?

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
Also Gulak is 6'1 and Ronda is like 5'7

Which makes his whole "well I missed the handshake and somehow ended around your waist area" make no drat sense at all.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Even taking his tweet at face value, he's half a foot taller than Ronda; I can't work out the mechanics of how his hand unintentionally found its way to her waistline, let alone a little beneath. Does he try to shake hands by stooping and coming up from below? What kind of wrestler is so uncoordinated? :psyduck:

e:f,b

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
he's much shorter than 6ft 1

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
6'1" is his billed height, but I'm pretty sure he's still taller than Ronda.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Men accused of groping someone else will come up with the most ridiculous convoluted excuses as to how it happened, and it's always something completely innocent that makes the other person look as though they're overreacting.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Gumball Gumption posted:

He should really have just not tweeted. Perfect situation to just shut up.

Don't worry, he didn't just tweet his explanation.

He made sure no one could comment on his tweet.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://x.com/KXNGAO/status/1775604241299595352?s=20

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Here's the full story:

https://www.postwrestling.com/2024/...awyer-responds/

Notable that Vince's lawyers are claiming that writing 24 drafts of a love letter is proof it's a real love letter and not coerced. Going to have to disagree with that analysis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

MJeff posted:

And again, undercard guy with absolutely no power, what's he gonna do, refuse?)

yes?