Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Pollock and Thurston did bring up a good point that I think people might’ve skimmed past in the NY Post article: the “love letter” published is clearly from the internal investigation.

Why didn’t Vince submit his own copy as evidence? 🤔

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
It's kind of amazing how Judge Callis very thoroughly explains how love letters like this are a standard abuse tactic, you saw it in these high profile cases, you can see that she was writing it over and over because of fear. Just very clearly explains how the letter is more evidence of McMahon's abuse of Grant.

And Rosenberg's response is just "bitch be lyin'."

Also Johnny Ace's lawyer loving begging Callis to take mercy on him.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

MassRafTer posted:

I too shove my hand into people's crotches and start grabbing stuff when I want to shake their hands. Insane lie.

https://twitter.com/DrewGulak/status/1775549505875702075

Happens to the best of us.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

TinTower posted:

Pollock and Thurston did bring up a good point that I think people might’ve skimmed past in the NY Post article: the “love letter” published is clearly from the internal investigation.

Why didn’t Vince submit his own copy as evidence? 🤔

It's frankly incredible to see them doing the hard work Dave Meltzer did during say, the Benoit story and now just refuses to do. They make a fraction of what Dave does and have completely lapped him in real journalism. It's mostly just actually talking to lawyers, law enforcement, spokesmen, etc and asking questions!

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Edit:did not realise what thread this was, sorry

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

Here's the full story:

https://www.postwrestling.com/2024/...awyer-responds/

Notable that Vince's lawyers are claiming that writing 24 drafts of a love letter is proof it's a real love letter and not coerced. Going to have to disagree with that analysis.

Tearing up love letter drafts like it's a Raw script hours before airtime.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Trying posted:

Edit:did not realise what thread this was, sorry

It's okay. You are Trying.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

MassRafTer posted:

It's frankly incredible to see them doing the hard work Dave Meltzer did during say, the Benoit story and now just refuses to do. They make a fraction of what Dave does and have completely lapped him in real journalism. It's mostly just actually talking to lawyers, law enforcement, spokesmen, etc and asking questions!

Is it incredible? Meltz's serious journalism mode is a light bulb that's rarely lit anymore. It's been a while.

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

MassRafTer posted:

I will always love Meltzer for like 30 years of insanely rich and detailed newsletters but he checked out years ago.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Shinjobi posted:

Is it incredible? Meltz's serious journalism mode is a light bulb that's rarely lit anymore. It's been a while.

That anyone in the wrestling space is doing it, honestly. I think both guys are good at what they do, but I wouldn't expect it from either as they sort of have other niches in combat sports. I'm glad they are and they are obviously fully capable. It's just like, if the guy who ran The Numbers and someone who had been focusing on something outside of movies a bit more started breaking all the stories on Harvey Weinstein. I love The Numbers, I just wouldn't expect it!

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
I hope, for their sakes, those Paul Levesque chants at the Hall of Fame don't age horribly.

Fair play to Heyman for burying Vince, but the "Vince is gone, and that means all the problems are too" attitude I'm seeing from people is just sickening me.

Let's just ignore the fact that Vince's fixer still runs the show, WWE are providing backdoor support for Vince in the lawsuit, or that Vince is still making tons of money from WWE's success, everything's fine because Heyman got a little shooty at the HoF.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Especially rich coming from Paul

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

TinTower posted:

I hope, for their sakes, those Paul Levesque chants at the Hall of Fame don't age horribly.

I hope they do

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Oh I guess that wrestle-thing is this weekend. I hope they raided by the feds.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

SirPhoebos posted:

Oh I guess that wrestle-thing is this weekend. I hope they raided by the feds.

that already happened.

Malikov
Jan 25, 2015
Do you reckon Vince ever regrets bringing Khan into the fold ?

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

He was brought into the fold to enable him and cover things up, so no.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I think they were asking in the sense that he brought in somebody as a fixer that eventually pushed him out the door, which is reliant on the idea that Vince is only gone because of Nick Khan, which I dunno if I think is really accurate.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Ah, I misunderstood. I still think the truth is a lot more complicated than that for sure. A lot of absolutely wild corporate poo poo has happened in the last year-and-a-bit, between the leaving, the hostile takeover, the sale, and now all this.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I see Triple H admitted Brock Lesnar is not gone.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

MassRafTer posted:

I see Triple H admitted Brock Lesnar is not gone.

Just a real bunch of loving disgusting idiot losers who will never truly think any of them have done anything wrong

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/POSTwrestling/status/1777024370981921003

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

R-Truth showed his support of this too.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

sold all that stock and still couldn't afford a mania ticket. :sad:

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

I wonder if Vince watched the show. Like, sat on his couch and watched the show on a television. Alone I assume? I wonder what that would be like.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Vince probably bought an rear end load of Dude Wipes™️

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

too busy catching up on bloodsport and action dean~!!!

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

this is probably the sentiment of at least half of the wwe locker room

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

JUNGLE BOY posted:

roman wearing a black 'vince' armband in the main tonight

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

post hole digger posted:

roman wearing a black 'vince' armband in the main tonight

sad lol

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

JUNGLE BOY posted:

It's no surprise, basically no one in WWE has openly condemned Vince. They know their fans don't give a poo poo, so now they can openly support Vince.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Cool we cancel R Truth too. Not surprising when you think how much Vince absolutely loves the guy

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

Vince McMahon, who created the concept of professional wrestling, in between taking breaks from his many crimes

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I hope they all spontaneously combust

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

how does vince's trainer have all the facts? and having all the facts, he's proud to be associated with the guy? sounds like a real sicko to me

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

The trainer is telling us to save up all our judgment energy until all the horrendous things come out in totality

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Eat This Glob posted:

how does vince's trainer have all the facts? and having all the facts, he's proud to be associated with the guy? sounds like a real sicko to me

Crazy to think that a man who fills an 80 year old man up with steroids for a living might be of poor moral character.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

little munchkin posted:

Crazy to think that a man who fills an 80 year old man up with steroids for a living might be of poor moral character.

Doing some real damage to the intellectual reputation of the celebrity personal training profession.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

Eat This Glob posted:

how does vince's trainer have all the facts?
Maybe I'm misremembering, and this new headline has taken over search results, but didn't the original accusation mention a personal trainer being one of the guys Vince had on speed dial to enable/cover up/take part in rape and/or trafficking?
In any case, given the nature of his crimes and how much he (allegedly, I guess we have to say) boasted and shared them with anyone in earshot, I'd be surprised if his trainer didn't know everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Pretty sure the making GBS threads incident was a three-way involving an unnamed personal trainer (I think some people had thought it was Laurenitus but that was a DIFFERENT gang rape incident)