Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

pressedbunny posted:

Maybe I'm misremembering, and this new headline has taken over search results, but didn't the original accusation mention a personal trainer being one of the guys Vince had on speed dial to enable/cover up/take part in rape and/or trafficking?
In any case, given the nature of his crimes and how much he (allegedly, I guess we have to say) boasted and shared them with anyone in earshot, I'd be surprised if his trainer didn't know everything.

Physical therapist, but yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Majinfoose posted:

Physical therapist, but yeah
From the office of the "celebrity doctor."

Different guy.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Sandman from ECW posted:

I wonder if Vince watched the show. Like, sat on his couch and watched the show on a television. Alone I assume? I wonder what that would be like.

I would assume he would be spending the evening with his loving family who loves him

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

Buying stocks on the day of the crash
Vince selling all his remaining stock. He has a non-compete until January of 2025

Looking forward to on-screen authority figure Hulk Hogan announcing Matt Riddle vs Marty Scurl for this new promotion's world title

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Considering the timing of his retirement, is it likely that Jerry McDevitt saw all this coming and no longer wanted to deal with it?

EDIT: To be clear, I'm not trying to give him any credit, he's yet another piece of poo poo.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Considering the timing of his retirement, is it likely that Jerry McDevitt saw all this coming and no longer wanted to deal with it?

EDIT: To be clear, I'm not trying to give him any credit, he's yet another piece of poo poo.

Since he's still working but not doing WWE cases there's a fair chance, although it is also possible he didn't want to take an L to Court Bauer. I feel like one of the articles on all of this indicated he was working on the NDAs so if anything he was aware of this longer. But it could just get to a point where it's not worth it anymore and you want to do lawyer stuff that isn't protecting your most famous shithead client.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

He got pushed out. It’s not a coincidence that Endeavor replaced him on the MLW thing with the same team they hired to push the acquisition/UFC merger through.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Randomly remembering Vince had dildos named after wrestlers.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Animal-Mother posted:

Randomly remembering Vince had dildos named after wrestlers.

The big show isn't that big

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/BrandonThurston/status/1780605844821843990

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/04/17/vince-mcmahon-news-former-wwe-ceos-life-after-janel-grant-lawsuit.html

Big Trump Fundraiser.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

“McMahon has not stayed in contact with WWE leaders, but has been in touch with John Cena and Dwayne Johnson, two of the wrestling outfit’s biggest success stories.”

Isn’t the rock on the board of tko now?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Trump has definitely been begging him for money.

If he's staying in contact with Dwayne then what the gently caress, Dwayne is basically the actual head of creative for WWE.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Why wouldn't Vince hang out with his best friend? It's clear from his own conduct that he doesn't see Trump's as a dealbreaker.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

quote:

For instance, on an afternoon in late March, McMahon returned on a private plane to the United States from the sunny Turks and Caicos Islands -- but he wasn’t alone, according to a person close to him. He had with him seven kittens and a puppy, all of which he brought back to be adopted by his friends, this person added.

What a good guy.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Did McMahon pay someone to write that? Between the puppies and kittens and "He's not in touch with anyone at the company. He also talks to the Rock all the time"

Holy poo poo.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Did McMahon pay someone to write that? Between the puppies and kittens and "He's not in touch with anyone at the company. He also talks to the Rock all the time"

Holy poo poo.

https://twitter.com/sherman4949/status/1777403237630394865

Hmmmmmmmm.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

What a good guy.

Jesus this guy just can't help himself from trafficking

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Seems pretty bad that the Rock's still talking to Vince regularly!!! Almost as if he's still a major part of the company and deeply embedded in the workplace culture.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

A Fancy Hat posted:

Seems pretty bad that the Rock's still talking to Vince regularly!!! Almost as if he's still a major part of the company and deeply embedded in the workplace culture.

"Paul Levesque and Stephanie McMahon haven't talked to Vince "regarding company matters"." is some pretty interesting phrasing too.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

Hey, gently caress WWE

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

lol Rupar. the longstanding tradition of outsiders being worked because they don't know how many layers of bullshit there are

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

I can't look at Cody and take anything he says as sincere. He's just a corporate shill.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/BrandonThurston/status/1780697405152719142

quote:

New comment from a spokesperson for Janel Grant responding to NBC's reporting that Dwayne Johnson and John Cena are still in touch with Vince McMahon after his resignation:

"It’s shameful that Mr. Johnson and Mr. Cena would associate themselves with an individual with decades of allegations just like Janel's. Behind-the-scenes support is louder than any public statement ever could be."

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Get their asses :allears:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Cena desperately falling back on his Twitter platitude generator about how you can't judge somebody.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

What a good guy.

In lieu of a jail sentence, Vince should have to raise a bunch of cats. The man who's an absolute control freak through and through having to deal with a creature that doesn't not give a single solitary gently caress about what you think and will do what it wants when it wants.

One of those fates worse than death, I'd imagine.

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Goblin deez nuts amirite ladies?
It's pretty frustrating to see mainstream journalists still being worked by Vince and WWE like this. Like they can't even get basic facts like, "Dwayne Johnson is on the board of directors" correct.

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

@Therock hey man check it... You ever kill a man or no? Hit me up. ;)

C. Everett Koop posted:

In lieu of a jail sentence, Vince should have to raise a bunch of cats. The man who's an absolute control freak through and through having to deal with a creature that doesn't not give a single solitary gently caress about what you think and will do what it wants when it wants.

One of those fates worse than death, I'd imagine.

sounds like a great way to get a bunch of cats tortured to death

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

Fart Radio posted:

sounds like a great way to get a bunch of cats tortured to death

not even defrebel music

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Besides being a horrible puff piece planted by Vince's lawyers which in the end doesn't make him look good it's clear that Vince isn't ready to move on and is 100% going to try and get back in wrestling next year. I 100% expect him to either start a new company or....like buy the NWA

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Just as a reminder, this isn't really the thread for jokes like this:

Literally A Person posted:

The big show isn't that big

Dead comedy forum and all, so I don't mean to make a big deal out of it, but please try to keep this thread focused. Thanks!

And yeah, get their asses. gently caress Vince McMahon and gently caress Dwayne and Cena for keeping in contact like this. Absolutely wild article. Disgusting.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Besides being a horrible puff piece planted by Vince's lawyers which in the end doesn't make him look good it's clear that Vince isn't ready to move on and is 100% going to try and get back in wrestling next year. I 100% expect him to either start a new company or....like buy the NWA

I would actually be fully behind seeing Vince McMahon get the rights to the nwa from Billy corgan and see what he would do with it

I am pretty sure that toots mondts will drill his way out of his grave from spinning so fast

Ed: Abe Lincoln might loving rise from his grave at that rate

Skios
Oct 1, 2021

MJeff posted:

Trump has definitely been begging him for money.

If he's staying in contact with Dwayne then what the gently caress, Dwayne is basically the actual head of creative for WWE.

The Rock also did a hard conservative pivot, talking on Fox News about how he regrets endorsing Biden in 2020 and that the Democrats are all about divisiveness.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

rotinaj posted:

I would actually be fully behind seeing Vince McMahon get the rights to the nwa from Billy corgan and see what he would do with it

I am pretty sure that toots mondts will drill his way out of his grave from spinning so fast

Ed: Abe Lincoln might loving rise from his grave at that rate

I'd prefer Vince McMahon to not get any rights away from anyone, even if its for a product as contemptible as the NWA, and for him to gently caress off forever into obscurity and irrelevance - ideally after being drained dry by all manner of lawsuit and prosecutions from Janel Grant and however many other women there are out there that got targeted and victimised by that geriatric shitgoblin.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Majinfoose posted:

Hey, gently caress WWE

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Yes, let's root for Vince McMahon to run another company so he can do the same poo poo all over again.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Majinfoose posted:

I can't look at Cody and take anything he says as sincere. He's just a corporate shill.

I can't look at Cody mostly because of the hair and that tattoo

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Yes, let's root for Vince McMahon to run another company so he can do the same poo poo all over again.

I amwas joking, in case that wasn’t clear

But y’all have to admit that the Vince cultist posting if he tried to make the nwa relevant again would be really… interesting, at least

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

rotinaj posted:

would be really… interesting, at least

Well, that's certainly one way of putting it.