Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

a dumb moron posted:

Oh I'm not trying to muddy anything, I just remember a few months back her tweet was brought up and it had to be clarified that it was not related to any Kylie Rae rumor.

At the end of the day, if it is true, and Ric Flair is on the roster, and with additional stories about Jay Lethal and Don Callis, Tony should be very careful with comments toward WWE-- as awesome as the comments were.

(Yes, I'm aware that Vince and WWE are far far worse and deserve to be mentioned at any chance. I'm just saying the moral high ground can't be thin ice.)
I agree. Even if, as incredibly loving grim as it is to say, what Vince is accused of and the environment that WWE has fostered is much, much worse than the (still bad!) scenario where all of the AEW talent misconduct allegations/rumors are true. One is an industrial rape factory, the other is more sadly typical sports/entertainment cover up culture. Both are bad and hosed up! But the AEW version would be indicative of larger issues in wrestling, sports, entertainment, and society in general, while the WWE version is on its second sex trafficking scandal in a company with a 40-plus year history of a deeply entrenched culture of sexual abuse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

my bad. ty for the clarifications

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

Thanks a lot bix. It feels like this was shrunken down to "We're talking about an emoji!!" in various places.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Yeah the part that stuck in my craw was how Hausman tried to spin it all like he knew everything before he walked it back. Just stirring poo poo because he assumes there's poo poo to stir and someone else will lay out the details he doesn't have.

The tweets/emojis/whatever are where there's actual smoke to the fire but I doubt we're ever going to get any explanation for that.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Bix, you did a very good job articulating something that I found pretty frustrating but was having a hard time figuring out how to put into words for a long time, thank you.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Yeah, I really appreciate those posts, Bix. Great breakdown of a lot of parts of the situation that have been hard to break down adequately.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The situation was further complicated at the time because there were multiple rumors about what happened and where and then there was also a theory that Cody and Brandi ran Kylie out of the company after some incident involving a photo shoot. So at the time it felt like no one knew what was going on or why NDAs were involved (if they were) because they varied from a term of the release to something Jericho did to keep cheating on his wife quiet (not uncommon in the entertainment industry.)

Edit: To be clear these were stories people were speculating about, not actual reports or anything from people involved or in the know, but it made it very confusing to try to figure out what happened or if it was all just made up.

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Apr 30, 2024

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Pretty much everything about Kylie's exit from AEW is clouded by speculation, including the interview where she said it wasn't an issue with AEW at all and more because of her own depression/substance abuse issues. Whether that's legit or because of an NDA is anyone's guess, but I feel bad for Kylie getting dragged into a stupid argument between morons that wasn't even about her.

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

Shinjobi posted:

Yeah the part that stuck in my craw was how Hausman tried to spin it all like he knew everything before he walked it back. Just stirring poo poo because he assumes there's poo poo to stir and someone else will lay out the details he doesn't have.

The tweets/emojis/whatever are where there's actual smoke to the fire but I doubt we're ever going to get any explanation for that.

The "CM Punk is not Mad" episode of the Trish & Sarah Wrestling Podcast had a throwaway line implying their guess that Hausman leaking that was a hit job from Punk, but that doesn't mesh with Bix's findings.

CombineThresher posted:

Pretty much everything about Kylie's exit from AEW is clouded by speculation, including the interview where she said it wasn't an issue with AEW at all and more because of her own depression/substance abuse issues. Whether that's legit or because of an NDA is anyone's guess, but I feel bad for Kylie getting dragged into a stupid argument between morons that wasn't even about her.

She left Impact in similar fashion about a year after. But it's easy to speculate that she did so because an experience at AEW led to worse anxiety.

I feel bad I'm speculating more so I will shut up.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Wrestling being what it is - a niche entertainment with an insular culture that has historically rewarded and protected various strands of terrible people - I think fans are just better off being quietly wary if it bothers them, at least until more solid info can be ascertained. Otherwise you're likely to lead yourself into major disappointment. Remember when David Starr was held in high regard by most of the forum?

Pretty much any abuse perpetuated at AEW will not fall into the same context as what Vince McMahon did, because he was effectively the dictator of a huge part of the industry for decades, but engaging in a somewhat tribalistic manner over who may or may not be culpable seems a bit disrespectful to me. It shouldn't matter where a potential abuser works, regardless of whether you like or dislike their company. I'm not wagging my finger at anyone in particular because I think most folks are pretty good about this here, but leave that sort of argument for the muppets on Twitter or wherever.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
NDAs should be illegal

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Eat My Fuc posted:

NDAs should be illegal

There are plenty of valid reasons for NDAs to exist.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Pylons posted:

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7273528649222016302

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Pylons posted:

like?

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
Work on a project where revealing the existence of the project will severely damage its market value, even without revealing any proprietary data.

However, that would be a very focused NDA, and would need to have significant compensation attached to make it worth being quiet.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

a dumb moron posted:

The "CM Punk is not Mad" episode of the Trish & Sarah Wrestling Podcast had a throwaway line implying their guess that Hausman leaking that was a hit job from Punk, but that doesn't mesh with Bix's findings.
That the rumor was already public doesn't mean Punk didn't egg Nick on to hint at it online. I have no idea if he did or didn't, but it's not like those two things are mutually exclusive. It would be far from the most shocking thing in the world if he had.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Any project you work on that has sensitive or proprietary information that could damage the value of said project if it was out in the open. Hell, the video game industry uses them to keep people from talking about games that are early in development because things change massively during development and first impressions matter a lot.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Pylons posted:

Any project you work on that has sensitive or proprietary information that could damage the value of said project if it was out in the open. Hell, the video game industry uses them to keep people from talking about games that are early in development because things change massively during development and first impressions matter a lot.

Like when the GTA6 leaks happened and a bunch of alpha footage was revealed leading to a bunch of idiots online going "lol it looks like poo poo".

I have no interest in GTA and dislike Take Two for being litigious bastards but I can fully understand why them and Rockstar would want to keep that out of the public eye.

SpeakSlow
May 17, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Wrestling NDAs: like what they did for the Marvel Universe. Or maybe like NDAs work in the non-entertainment world.

Totally above board. Nothing to see here.

So do you think they do NDAs for angles too? Like, if Cena is coming back soon do they make everyone sign NDAs so they can keep the secret from leaking?

This NDA thing seems powerful. Maybe it should book the shows or sit in gorilla. Keep things out of the dirt sheets.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

none of those reasons are at all convincing to me and im siding with emf

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I would really appreciate if the assholes showing up in this thread weren’t given a dozen chances to behave because they know exactly what they’re doing and they don’t give a poo poo.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I would really appreciate if the assholes showing up in this thread weren’t given a dozen chances to behave because they know exactly what they’re doing and they don’t give a poo poo.

Dude this. And elsewhere.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

He was given two. This was the third. He's out. I understand that sometimes I can be too forgiving and I prefer to at least attempt to talk things out like an adult rather than jump to buttons, but that doesn't apply in here.

As if it needs reiterating: this isn't the thread for idle jokes, disingenuous weirdness, or shitstirring. A few dark jokes related to the situation can be fine because this is a dead comedy forum after all provided they're at the expense of the perpetrators but as a whole this is a serious thread that exists to have the appropriate content warnings and tone applied to what should be the biggest story in wrestling possibly ever.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I appreciate you giving people chances but any somewhat reasonable and mildly intelligent adult seeing the title and content of the thread is completely aware of what they're doing when they come in and act like that.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I think it would be more proper to discuss this in the feedback thread rather than this one.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Liquid Communism posted:

Work on a project where revealing the existence of the project will severely damage its market value, even without revealing any proprietary data.

However, that would be a very focused NDA, and would need to have significant compensation attached to make it worth being quiet.

Seems like any NDA surrounding illegal behavior should not be legal. Trade secrets, fine.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Sir Tonk posted:

Seems like any NDA surrounding illegal behavior should not be legal. Trade secrets, fine.

They're not. NDAs to cover up illegal activity - like Vince McMahon's NDA with Janel Grant - are unenforceable.

Doesn't keep the rich and powerful from using them to intimidate their victims into silence, but :capitalism:

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Yeah, they write them up anyway because they’re banking on the fact that an employee will likely not have the time, money, or resources to take it to court.

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

Yeah, they write them up anyway because they’re banking on the fact that an employee will likely not have the time, money, or resources to take it to court.

Or as a way to "settle" without any legal filings to go on the record. If Vince had just ponied up the cash he promised, we might have never heard most of the stuff in the Grant case.

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

Liquid Communism posted:

I deal with these types of NDAs at my job all the time. Not at all uncommon. But yes, very very very different.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

https://x.com/oaklandrovers/status/1785503199341768711?s=46

He really is going full Harvey

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I do kinda wonder what Vince's condition is like in private. There was that one kinda weird video from years ago where it looked like someone guided him by the hand off the stage during Raw or something?

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
It would be very Vince to fake it, but he's also a 78-year-old man who has done some extreme weightlifting and steroids.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
He also just happened to need neck surgery when he was on trial in the early nineties.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
He probably broke his ankle kicking over furniture in his house during a tantrum

I hope he's experiencing maximum misery from not being able to be a workaholic dictator anymore

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Yeah he's a lot older than Weinstein, and experience with elderly parents suggests hobbling around a bit is a pretty typical hazard of aging. I'm a little surprised his vanity allowed the cane though, so that's the one thing making me a little skeptical about it.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Elephant Ambush posted:

I hope he's experiencing maximum misery from not being able to be a workaholic dictator anymore

I agree 100%

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

It also wouldn't surprise me if the stress from actually being held accountable for something is frying his body.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Vince did get spinal surgery last summer so he's legitimately all hosed up and will play that up as much as he can if he feels it will help him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Of Texas
Dec 26, 2006

Kennel posted:

It would be very Vince to fake it, but he's also a 78-year-old man who has done some extreme weightlifting and steroids.

Unfortunately in this case, weightlifting is actually an excellent health choice for the elderly. Steroids maybe not.