Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

rotinaj posted:

Wow wotta scoop

Corporation has unenforced policy that was violated by executives, more on this shocking story as it develops

The scoop is the corporation did not have a policy and only bothered to create one a year after a public scandal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

MassRafTer posted:

The scoop is the corporation did not have a policy and only bothered to create one a year after a public scandal.

it also serves as a tacit admission they know there was wrongdoings afoot.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
What the gently caress was that Nick Khan quote about past standards applied to present actions?

EDIT: Found it. Leslie making a rare appearance outside of the stupid wrestling fan thread.

https://twitter.com/leslieleeiii/status/1615756262322442240

So he said this in January 2023. They made this policy in June 2023. Ooooooookay, dude.

MJeff fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Mar 26, 2024

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

MJeff posted:

What the gently caress was that Nick Khan quote about past standards applied to present actions?

EDIT: Found it. Leslie making a rare appearance outside of the stupid wrestling fan thread.

So he said this in January 2023. They made this policy in June 2023. Ooooooookay, dude.

Cool. And people still give money to this company.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

slim jims are produced with slave labor so its all on brand.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Majinfoose posted:

Cool. And people still give money to this company.

You might even say it's beyond the pale.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Those far off, care free days of 2021. We were so young and innocent then. We didn't know about the long term effects of taking advantage of a woman grieving for her parents and getting her into a position where she is financially dependent on you and then using that power to rape her, loan her out to your friends to rape her and use her as a contract negotiation incentive for you employees to rape her.

Times change.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Khan's answer very much is "please don't look into my past I've got some nasty skeletons there"

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Gonzo McFee posted:

Those far off, care free days of 2021. We were so young and innocent then. We didn't know about the long term effects of taking advantage of a woman grieving for her parents and getting her into a position where she is financially dependent on you and then using that power to rape her, loan her out to your friends to rape her and use her as a contract negotiation incentive for you employees to rape her.

Times change.

I know it's not nearly as serious, but it reminds me of people defending Triple H going out on live television in blackface. Twice. In 1998.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Khan's answer very much is "please don't look into my past I've got some nasty skeletons there"

I wonder why Corporate Officer No. 1 would rather the feds not look too closely into this.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

TinTower posted:

I wonder why Corporate Officer No. 1 would rather the feds not look too closely into this.

I'm guessing Khan probably has even worse stuff buried from his past jobs too!

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

MJeff posted:

Leslie as of today is a WWE fan too lol

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I'm guessing Khan probably has even worse stuff buried from his past jobs too!

Beyond the description one reason I didn't think it was Nick Khan is why would Vince trust this guy who had been in the company for a year with covering up his poo poo, sure he'd gotten his sex creep friend a job at WWE, but this is beyond that. Someone helpfully pointed out that Nick was at CAA during everything with Harvey Weinstein and that did make more sense why Vince would see him as a go to guy for this.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

Beyond the description one reason I didn't think it was Nick Khan is why would Vince trust this guy who had been in the company for a year with covering up his poo poo, sure he'd gotten his sex creep friend a job at WWE, but this is beyond that. Someone helpfully pointed out that Nick was at CAA during everything with Harvey Weinstein and that did make more sense why Vince would see him as a go to guy for this.

One thing is people like Vince think everyone is like them and just hiding it. Any indication at all that someone would be cool with his poo poo is just more justification of this.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

I think everyone at that level of power is just used to everyone under them being invertebrates who will go along with anything to get ahead, and they almost always are

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Vince leaked an email to the NY Post which if this is the best he has, well, good luck!

https://nypost.com/2024/04/01/business/vince-mcmahon-accuser-wrote-love-letter-to-ex-wwe-ceo-claims-she-was-coerced/

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

if you're over 25 and swearing life pacts to your sugar daddy who keeps you isolated and insecure feeling, seek help.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

coconono posted:

if you're over 25 and swearing life pacts to your sugar daddy who keeps you isolated and insecure feeling, seek help.

noodlesandbrutus(thebarber)beef

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Here is the Post coverage of this and as you might expect Vince comes out of this looking even worse.

https://www.postwrestling.com/2024/04/01/new-york-post-publishes-love-letter-from-janel-grant-to-vince-mcmahon-rep-states-grant-was-coerced/

quote:

A representative for Grant spoke with the New York Post and added context that Grant had surgery on her pointer finger on December 21 and revealed a text exchange with McMahon, which included Grant’s concern, “How will I write your letter?” I can type and read it…or try to write in a couple days. I’m so sorry if I mess this up, I want you to have a nice letter.”

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

coconono posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

If you're making this post at any age, seek help.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So uh.

That letter implicates a whole shitton of people as being aware of the relationship, right?

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

The blatant namedrops of Johnny Ace, Nick Khan, Brad et. al, yeah. The fact that she was forced to constantly write these bizarre "love" screeds she was taking GQ quotes from just to pad out because of Vince's megalomania...really horrible poo poo, and definitely feels like some kind of bombshell.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

A bombshell... ON THE ROAD TO WRESTLEMANIA!

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:

MJeff posted:

So uh.

That letter implicates a whole shitton of people as being aware of the relationship, right?

Two that popped out, "Mickey" and "Paul, and also a chef was mentioned as people that they didn't have to hide their relationship in front of.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

The blatant namedrops of Johnny Ace, Nick Khan, Brad et. al, yeah. The fact that she was forced to constantly write these bizarre "love" screeds she was taking GQ quotes from just to pad out because of Vince's megalomania...really horrible poo poo, and definitely feels like some kind of bombshell.

But the letter was released by Vince's side! He thought this would make him look better and Grant look worse!

I guess I expect that kind of insane sociopathy out of Vince but his lawyers are really asleep at the wheel.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Vince is a monstrous lunatic who has no idea how real relationships work, he probably thought that letter really was something worse releasing.

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

@Therock hey man check it... You ever kill a man or no? Hit me up. ;)
strongly suspect that vince made her write those letters specifically for the purpose of using them as evidence in a potential lawsuit

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Making your mistress tear up and rewrite her love letter to you like it's a Raw script makes it sound too much like Vince not to be true.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

MJeff posted:

But the letter was released by Vince's side! He thought this would make him look better and Grant look worse!

I guess I expect that kind of insane sociopathy out of Vince but his lawyers are really asleep at the wheel.

I think Vince's lawyers are playing to a particular crowd, which is why they went through a publication as disgusting as the Post in the first place. They knew they'd get the spin they wanted and how that would go for people who aren't really paying close attention and will only absorb 'accuser wrote him love letters' from the whole thing.

I'm also not sure namedropping wasn't part of the plan. When Johnny Ace is out there talking about being ready to turn on Vince, Vince's lawyers firing a warning shot to tell co-conspirators they'll get dragged down with them makes a sort of sense.

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan
it's going to be used as a complete dismissal of charges by fed stans and probably beyond that. think about how many people think the Heard/Depp trial completely exonerated Depp

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Whoolighams posted:

it's going to be used as a complete dismissal of charges by fed stans and probably beyond that. think about how many people think the Heard/Depp trial completely exonerated Depp

It already is.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

They’ll probably just ignore it whilst circle-jerking over the Punk interview.

A more cynical person would think that Vince/WWE chose today to drop the “oh yeah, my son in law knew” bombshell.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Whoolighams posted:

think about how many people think the Heard/Depp trial completely exonerated Depp

Britt Baker lol

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Fart Radio posted:

strongly suspect that vince made her write those letters specifically for the purpose of using them as evidence in a potential lawsuit

I would bet cash money it's this. Vince really thought that these bizarre letters would be the silver bullet if any of these women went public with his horrors.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Whoolighams posted:

Already is, if my Twitter mentions are to go by; I’ve got people (including WWEGareth, eww) trying to argue that Khan and Levesque weren’t aware of Vince’s exploitation of Grant despite a) one of them being Corporate Officer #1 and b) Vince making gang-rape jokes about her to pretty much anyone who would listen.

It’s so ridiculous that I’ve got someone pretending to be Baldrick from Blackadder throwing ableist slurs around. :psyduck:

And transphobia, of course, because apparently if you say “pronouns in bio” enough that lets you pretend WWE is not a corporate hellhole.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

MJeff posted:

MJeff posted:

But the podcast was agreed to by Punk! He thought this would make him look better and AEW look worse!

I guess I expect that kind of insane sociopathy out of Punk but his lawyers are really asleep at the wheel.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Love that MJeff

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/iamjohnpollock/status/1775212045702406509

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rw0bwJsJk_s

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

TinTower posted:

Already is, if my Twitter mentions are to go by; I’ve got people (including WWEGareth, eww) trying to argue that Khan and Levesque weren’t aware of Vince’s exploitation of Grant despite a) one of them being Corporate Officer #1 and b) Vince making gang-rape jokes about her to pretty much anyone who would listen.

It’s so ridiculous that I’ve got someone pretending to be Baldrick from Blackadder throwing ableist slurs around. :psyduck:

And transphobia, of course, because apparently if you say “pronouns in bio” enough that lets you pretend WWE is not a corporate hellhole.

:sever:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://x.com/rondarouseyszn/status/1775360450781229432?s=46