Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Coaaab posted:

if no one else wants to step up and this is the only formal complaint about vince's "proclivities", will this be a matter that'll likely be settled out of court? who does else tko need to answer to before trying to sweep this under the rug?

Professor Funk posted:

It will almost certainly settle. I assume Vince will retain separate counsel from WWE since their interests are not necessarily aligned here. Every defendant will move to dismiss the complaint, which will be a tough motion to win because the Court will assume all of Grant's allegations are true and there are 300ish paragraphs of internally coherent/corroborating claims. Assuming at least Vince loses his MTD, the case will go to discovery and likely settle at some point prior to trial. Unless discovery shows that Grant is full of it (seems very, very, very unlikely), in which case I'm sure Vince would want to take it to trial.

There might be some separate indemnification fight between Vince and TKO/WWE, too.

SatoshiMiwa posted:

It 100% will be settled out of court or if Vince wants to fight it all the way TKO will settle and let Vince fight it.

TKO does have to answer to share holders and they don't like giving money out to settle cases like this so while TKO will try to sweep it under the rug I expect Shareholders will want somebody gone. That will probably be just Vince and they'll say everyone else not directly named is no longer with the company but I could also see TKO using this as an excuse to cut higher level WWE jobs to the bone as well just to reduce costs (and pay lip service to cleaning things up)
okay, thanks for giving me a clearer picture of what will likely happen next to a layman such as myself

i'll be keeping an eye on whatever journalists are keeping up with updates with the suit and don't want the story to be buried. i imagine 95% of wrestling media will be handwaving this story away a week from now, with maybe a few of them even being paid to participate in smear campaigns, lest they lose their precious access

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
in fairness, i thought it was intentional

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

yea ok posted:

Means nothing. Don't stop digging, don't stop pressing.
I wonder if it'll unravel like a major criminal syndicate, with people turning against each other. the information that was circulating through wwe offices may be enough to have several execs, employees, and talent dead to rights. that's more my hopes, I guess

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

MassRafTer posted:

"WWE Corporate Officer No. 3"

This could be either Stephanie McMahon or Frank Riddick III. This one is trickier because it is someone who appears to be both a board member and an employee, but was not always both. Others have read it as someone who was either or, but I don't think they would be described this way. Stephanie McMahon was a board member the entire period, but was not an employee the entire time as she resigned from the company in May 2022. Frank Riddick became interim CFO for a period and was on the board. They know about the relationship but are not involved in anything nefarious. They come up because they see the victim in a board meeting and invite her to sit near them. Riddick is mentioned by name elsewhere in the document which seems odd if it is him. (He's not mentioned for nefarious reasons just that he's taking over as CFO.)
to be specific, stephanie is mentioned under items 28 & 29, riddick is mentioned under item 122

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Ganso Bomb posted:

It would be so refreshing for Khan to gut the entire crew. I don’t know from a capitalistic business man perspective if it makes more sense to do it before the rumble or get through the weekend. The moralistic answer is obvious, of course, but money is going to be their bottom line.
I would love to be in the room when paul pleads for his company position

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
with vince having a scat fetish, it's interesting that there was only one incident of such listed in the complaint, which could mean that the victim really impressed upon vince that this was something she was not into at all and in this instance, he actually listened & relented, which is really grim if you think about it

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

MassRafTer posted:

I think Johnny is about to make things much worse for himself, Vince and WWE. Good news.
johnny ace is an awful rapist (allegedly) that deserves to be brought to justice but i will relish his attempt to stab vince in the back

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
is hunner really the best politicking dude in wrestling history?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

yea ok posted:

Hope he keeps it up