Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I would appreciate using the term sex worker in a thread like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I try not to think too much about how often Vince McMahon has taken a poo poo on another human being.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
That person already existed and her name was Fabulous Moolah.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Wrestling will never disappoint when it comes to “Can I cash in on this here tragedy?”

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Patterson “coming out” on Legends House seemed designed to rehabilitate his image and distract from those stories, even at the time. There was a lot of “He was only accused because he was in the closet” garbage.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Pretty sure Legends House with Piper and Pat living together happened after that interview. loving horrifying.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
It's insane that someone like Randy Orton can just be all "Wow, you guys hear about this?"

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
That’s what would have prevented all this, a company policy.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Gonzo McFee posted:

Those far off, care free days of 2021. We were so young and innocent then. We didn't know about the long term effects of taking advantage of a woman grieving for her parents and getting her into a position where she is financially dependent on you and then using that power to rape her, loan her out to your friends to rape her and use her as a contract negotiation incentive for you employees to rape her.

Times change.

I know it's not nearly as serious, but it reminds me of people defending Triple H going out on live television in blackface. Twice. In 1998.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Men accused of groping someone else will come up with the most ridiculous convoluted excuses as to how it happened, and it's always something completely innocent that makes the other person look as though they're overreacting.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Considering the timing of his retirement, is it likely that Jerry McDevitt saw all this coming and no longer wanted to deal with it?

EDIT: To be clear, I'm not trying to give him any credit, he's yet another piece of poo poo.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Did McMahon pay someone to write that? Between the puppies and kittens and "He's not in touch with anyone at the company. He also talks to the Rock all the time"

Holy poo poo.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Yes, let's root for Vince McMahon to run another company so he can do the same poo poo all over again.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Yeah, at this point just make an XFL thread.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
What is the world coming to if we can’t resolve decades of sex trafficking with a simple NDA and arbitration?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
“Look, if I chose to work for Vince again despite a decade of allegations and me complaining about him, you can only imagine what Tony Khan is like”

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
When Orton said “Eddie’s down there” he meant Jacksonville.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I would really appreciate if the assholes showing up in this thread weren’t given a dozen chances to behave because they know exactly what they’re doing and they don’t give a poo poo.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I appreciate you giving people chances but any somewhat reasonable and mildly intelligent adult seeing the title and content of the thread is completely aware of what they're doing when they come in and act like that.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Yeah, they write them up anyway because they’re banking on the fact that an employee will likely not have the time, money, or resources to take it to court.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
He also just happened to need neck surgery when he was on trial in the early nineties.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
If nothing else he hasn't said anything stupid or offensive or bigoted that I'm aware of, especially after everything that's happened over the last few months.