Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

The Cameo posted:

It’s like 95% likely it’s Delaware. It would be honestly a huge surprise if it wasn’t.

Per their SEC filings, TKO Group was incorporated in Delaware in March 2023.

Timby fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Jan 26, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

MassRafTer posted:

Since there is a lot of confusion as to who is who in the lawsuit, here is a quick breakdown.

The three named parties in the lawsuit are Vince McMahon, John Laurinaitis and WWE.

"WWE Superstar" was reported to be Brock Lesnar in the WSJ.

"WWE Corporate Officer No. 1" is described:

The only WWE high ranking employee and board member at all times relevant who remained with TKO afterwards is Triple H. Someone helpfully just sent me a screenshot that his office is on the 4th floor (mentioned elsewhere in lawsuit.) Officer No. 1 is aware of the relationship and is one of the people Vince refers the victim to when he says he can't talk to her anymore in 2022.

"WWE Corporate Officer No. 2" is a high ranking employee but not a board member.

I don't think there is a candidate worth mentioning at this time. They are more closely involved than No. 1, handle her hiring, inform Vince of the rumors swirling about the two in 2020, and informs her she will now be reporting to Johnny Ace.

"WWE Corporate Officer No. 3"

This could be either Stephanie McMahon or Frank Riddick III. This one is trickier because it is someone who appears to be both a board member and an employee, but was not always both. Others have read it as someone who was either or, but I don't think they would be described this way. Stephanie McMahon was a board member the entire period, but was not an employee the entire time as she resigned from the company in May 2022. Frank Riddick became interim CFO for a period and was on the board. They know about the relationship but are not involved in anything nefarious. They come up because they see the victim in a board meeting and invite her to sit near them. Riddick is mentioned by name elsewhere in the document which seems odd if it is him. (He's not mentioned for nefarious reasons just that he's taking over as CFO.)

"WWE Corporate Officer No. 4"

This officer is ordered by Vince to hire the victim. and is hostile to her. They were fired in November of 2020. This seems to best match Brian Nurse.

"WWE Employee No. 1" is different from corporate officer No. 1. They are described as

People theorize it is Rich Hering, Warrior Award Winner https://corporate.wwe.com/investors/news/press-releases/2021/04-06-2021-150040764 WWE Employee 1 was nice to her and knew what was going on but rarely in the office which led to her getting projects from

"WWE Employee No. 2"

This is their only mention. Two Human Resources Employees (No. 1 and No. 2) also receive brief mentions.

"Celebrity Doctor"

She is pressured to see Celebrity Doctor who even notes she is unable to make eye contact during visits.

"Physical Therapist"

This is the incident that involves feces

"WWE Referee"

It is unclear if this referee was a former referee when Vince did this or left WWE later. There is at least one referee who was let go in the COVID releases.

Kevin Dunn was on the Executive Committee of WWE's Board of Directors for a very, very long time in addition to being the EVP of production (it was one of the things that insulated him from Triple H and Steph attempting to execute a putsch against him).

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Karma Tornado posted:

Behind the Bastards decided to do a reading-a-wiki-out-loud level history of the concept of pro wrestling and an entire episode about the Von Erichs for some reason before even really getting to Vince so it's not really "six episodes" about him. I'd never listened to it before and I think made it three episodes in before calling it quits.

One of the episodes in the series was also an hour-plus about Andre the Giant, with nary a mention of Vince. It was a really, really unfocused series and not one I'll ever listen to again.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Optimist with doubt posted:

I do wonder what the likely hood of any criminal proceedings are and how many others will flip like Ace

Highly doubtful, given the lack of criminal complaints, the near-certainty that any physical evidence has been destroyed, and Connecticut's statute of limitations on these cases is ... fuzzy at best.

But Vince and his cronies are looking at a lot of civil liability.