Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
ESPN sent this push notification to everyone with their app today.

I don't use the app for anything wrestling or MMA related, this wasn't a targeted notification.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

The WWE's biggest legacy sponsor.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

That came quick.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

NowonSA posted:

In general the crowd making GBS threads all over one of WWE's biggest events would be absolutely called for and a delight to see.

It's exactly what Vince would want

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Edge & Christian posted:

Like literally, the last numbered chapter of Ringmaster ends in 1999 with the reveal of the Higher Power. There's a "coda" that covers 1999 to present that runs about the same length as the examination of Vince and Linda buying the Cape Cod Coliseum in the late 1970s, which goes on for a long time because the author thinks it's really relevant how the McMahons agitated at city council meetings to get a liquor license and eventually abandoned the venue when it stopped being profitable, and how this is a skeleton key to how they used politics and capitalism to build their empire.

That is quite the narrative choice to make. Glad I skipped this book.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

coconono posted:

I'm not surprised this issue was widely known. Companies are terrible places to keep secrets because everything is bragging rights.

I know most people in adjacent industries that use the same venues had a perception that Vince was "whore heavy"(their words) and did more nightlife business than DC lobbyists. And since that's a largely unregulated industry, I wouldn't doubt there's stories about dead hooker coverups given how practiced the WWF coverup of Nancy Argentino was.

That's absolutely insane. After the details of this lawsuit, I wouldn't be surprised by anything.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Justin Godscock posted:

I'm hoping it's Hockey Canada 2018 level intensive.

Including holding sponsors accountable.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

cagliostr0 posted:

The fun shareholder suit will be when somebody goes after the merger deal from the perspective of 'you took a worse deal for shareholders because the buyer put in writing that nobody could stop you from operating your rape factory'. The merger due diligence documents will show they knew Vince was doing reprehensible poo poo because they said in a stylised way that his doing reprehensible poo poo was a potential threat to the value of the company in the 10-k. Between the cung le thing and all the different ways this issue is going to go horribly wrong the company, it probably doesn't have the liquidy enough assets on hand to settle everything.

The shareholder suit has strong potential, and a class-action suit of everyone who worked for WWE has strong potential.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Ganso Bomb posted:

the diva search = not being trained at all but expected to wrestle, as a means to be oggled at and demeaned by absolute scum of the earth

That entire thing is going to end up as its own investigation.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Lid posted:

https://twitter.com/flyinbrianc89/status/1756079654379651406?s=46

Well Nash it was nice of you to burn all the goodwill you have built over years for this of all things.

That's the worst possible take that you could have.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

KungFu Grip posted:

Brock, Cena and current WWE color commentator Pat McAfee

You're in here with us, Pat!

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

John Cena posted:

WHO TOOK A poo poo IN THE BIDET?

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Eat My Fuc posted:

I think Jim’s had an unimaginably lovely life and just can’t deal with anymore pain.

Yes, absolutely.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

MJeff posted:

But the letter was released by Vince's side! He thought this would make him look better and Grant look worse!

I guess I expect that kind of insane sociopathy out of Vince but his lawyers are really asleep at the wheel.

MJeff posted:

But the podcast was agreed to by Punk! He thought this would make him look better and AEW look worse!

I guess I expect that kind of insane sociopathy out of Punk but his lawyers are really asleep at the wheel.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
a WWE crowd silent and confused when the piano of the Miramax intro theme begins, but then losing their mind when the HARVEY WEINSTEIN wordmark appears on the enormous video board

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Please keep your ire directed at the people actually named in this case.

You know what, the more I read about this case, the more I believe that this Vince McMahon isn't an upstanding guy