Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

I say this with a minimal of sleep which is dampening my emotions: gently caress Vince, gently caress the WWE and everyone who engaged in/aided and abetted sex trafficking, and gently caress this carney industry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Anyone that showed up to perform at the Royal Rumble can go gently caress themselves. As is anyone that watched it. This carny business can burn to ash.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

MassRafTer posted:

Finished the podcast. Melina and Mick Foley are briefly interviewed at Wrestlecon but there isn't a lot there. Paul London agrees to be interviewed at the end after previously declining (he and others didn't seem to trust the story would be done right, which is easy to understand.) I've seen other interviews with him where he relates that she told him about what happened and that she'd be invited on the corporate jet which made her very uncomfortable but I believe he's told that elsewhere. What I'd never heard before is he said that Vince would come to her hotel room after shows and she would have to hide silently in her room all night pretending she wasn't there in fear of him.

Mick knew.

Also Cane Dewey. For real, this time.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

MassRafTer posted:

Meltzer is now saying creative knew and Triple H booked the Rumble the way he did regardless.

Suuuuuure...

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

post hole digger posted:

all of my posts are coded messages for one very important lurker (you know who you are -- the hour is almost here!!)

Yeah about that: I'm going to need more airhorns shipped to the deli.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

rotinaj posted:

Melina/morrison/batista were another story, that people thought a main eventer like Batista deserved a lady like Melina and not Johnny nitro

The locker room was gross and I hope it is not like that anymore

It is 100% like that

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Cena knew.

Randy knew.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Cena was the face of WWE for a decade. He knew. If he "didn't know" then it is willful ignorance. He probably took part.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Sydney Bottocks posted:

You have to, in order to support all the good people that still work there

Ah yes, good people like....

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

jesus WEP posted:

ah you’re one of their cameramen?

TSG knew.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Who the gently caress cares about what a front for sex trafficking says should be memorialized.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

ChrisBTY posted:

Because no matter how hard people don't watch it won't get any better and they're only depriving themselves.
Individuals will opt for their own happiness over the ability to not help people they've never met in any tangible way in the name of a moral stance.
I voted with my wallet against WWE over a decade ago and it turns out hey, my vote doesn't matter. If I didn't hate WWE so much I'd feel like I cheated myself.
Is this an excuse? Whether it is or it isn't more importantly it's the tragedy of the commons playing out in realtime.

I find it hard to enjoy a show when I suspect that every person on screen is either a sex pest, a victim of sexual assault, or aided and abetted sexual assault.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

CellBlock posted:

I think they kinda did at some point, didn't they? Like there was an SEC filing where TKO put down in their shareholder risk section something like "Vince McMahon is kind of a dick and could bring us a lot of bad press."

Maybe. Depends on what a jury thinks.

An argument can be made that the loss already incurred from Brock Lesnar being un-personned (to say nothing of future revelations) goes well being just a boilerplate warning about the old boss being a jerk.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

They all knew.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

TinTower posted:

Already is, if my Twitter mentions are to go by; I’ve got people (including WWEGareth, eww) trying to argue that Khan and Levesque weren’t aware of Vince’s exploitation of Grant despite a) one of them being Corporate Officer #1 and b) Vince making gang-rape jokes about her to pretty much anyone who would listen.

It’s so ridiculous that I’ve got someone pretending to be Baldrick from Blackadder throwing ableist slurs around. :psyduck:

And transphobia, of course, because apparently if you say “pronouns in bio” enough that lets you pretend WWE is not a corporate hellhole.

:sever:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Oh I guess that wrestle-thing is this weekend. I hope they raided by the feds.