Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

I imagine the Slim Jim loss was the worst look TKO could imagine and scrambling to fill a hole of pointless poo poo for the Miz and LA Knight to do, so they could say "You didn't like Vince? He's gone. Come back or we'll sue you for breach of contract". Sorry if you bought 50 boxes of slim jims to celebrate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

sonicice posted:

The Rumble is nearly sold out and it's happening whether you like it or not. Punk has a job to do so I don't find it that unreasonable that he's watching old rumble matches to prepare for that.

I'd like to see what some of you would do put in his position and not just sitting in front of your computer angry posting about it. I'm just sure you would all quit your jobs immediately and burn the world's supply of Slim Jims. :rolleyes:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)
You got me, I'd blow all my money and go back to the place that fired me on my wedding day and uploaded a video of my rear end and sued me and called my wife unfuckable and use the money from my merch sales to silence victims.

The Royal Rumble probably has the most social pressure to watch, given the amount of casuals who still get together each year for an excuse to check it out. Plenty of people are going to go ahead with that, and they'll have to hang out with people making jokes about the situation or dismissing it. I assume the people who don't feel that invested, also don't feel too affected to not watch one show a year and have some chips. The real hope is that the media keeps up questions and coverage of this while WWE try to warm up the media machine for Wrestlemania and the Netflix move.

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

If he hadn't read it, he absolutely shouldn't have said he hadn't read it. Idiot, thankfully.

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

They're not going to find anything out themselves. No-one in WWE is talking, and the cases are being worked on. They have hours of audio to produce.

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

Dwayne came back to WWE to lick his wounds and rebuild his celebrity stock; he's now having to deplete his popularity in order to help distract from systemic abuse.

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

She's been using that hashtag since September last year. Probably just oblivious self promotion.

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

The Piper shoot has an infamous clip of Piper taking about… something with Patterson. There’s a top comment on it saying that Piper withdrew all allegations, but others would say that this was a requirement for him to come back into WWE. Would appreciate anyone who knows what they’re talking about fill in the details here.

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

Sir Tonk posted:

This sounds a lot like kanye's recent hitler tour

https://x.com/brandonthurston/status/1760342858488266931
Cena almost trying to jump to the front of the Vince loyalty queue with "You don't know who your friends are until the poo poo hits the fan".

Yeah the poo poo hit alright.

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

John Cena’s Total Divas stuff was weird because reality shows are there to manufacture drama and yet it was seasons of showing WWEs biggest star to be a rigid control freak who felt he was play acting what a successful adult was supposed to be, and it was entirely consistent with anything we see of him in real life. Buying 55 suits to wear to dinner and then retiring to his boys only cigar room with Johnny Ace.

It can seem silly to bring up in this thread because it’s just fictional reality show trash, but it’s just a consistent picture that he’s obsessionally career focused and approaches everything like he wants to be some warrior monk statesman. There’s nothing bad about him doing lots of Make A Wish but it’s. It a coincidence it was a charity that WWE had a relationship with and he did more than anyone else. He knew he would split up with Nikki Bella because he didn’t want to have children, but supposedly Vince talked him into a proposal at wrestlemania? Again, consistent with his portrayal on the show that he didn’t want children and his engagement would be understood as a promise that he changed his mind, but he didn’t, Vince just wanted him to do it.

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

I don't know if Becky's statement is fine when it hits the I owe Vince thanks for my own child level. Demented thing to say in this scenario.

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

MJeff posted:

Not that I think it's irrelevant, but I think focusing on Gulak's brother or even Gulak himself is kinda missing the point. Ronda made a point to say that this happened in a hallway, with other people around, and nobody reacted. If an undercard guy with absolutely no power felt like he could get away with putting his hands on a tippy tippy top main event star, that....says a lot. A lot, a lot.

(also, again, it really just smells to me like he might've been put up to it. Like somebody told him to do it to Ronda as a "rib" or some poo poo. And again, undercard guy with absolutely no power, what's he gonna do, refuse?)
What is this? When has any undercard person ever performed a rib at the behest of someone else?

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

Thanks a lot bix. It feels like this was shrunken down to "We're talking about an emoji!!" in various places.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

rotinaj posted:

Fair enough. I disagree with y’all’s interpretation of what I am trying to say, but no big.
Her last post on "the insta" was last year, before any of this came out.