Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Long-Time Lurker posted:

I'm seriously considering cutting ties with a close friend right now because his only reaction to all of this is to joke about it. Nothing matters to the average WWE fan.

Local sports station talked about the news, and none of this is funny but I did have an extremely dark lol about how their demeanor changed as the story continued. At the very beginning they were trying to find some yucks where they could, but by the end of it the whole tone was extremely somber.

I think people need to read the whole story. They have to in order for it to fully understand just how reprehensible it all was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
"So what do you wanna avoid talkin about?"

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

CopywrightMMXI posted:

And maybe I’m inferring too much, but does anyone else think that AEW guys wanting to go back to WWE to be with their wives may not just be for companionship reasons?

It certainly adds a new wrinke to these scenarios moving forward

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Oh my god if this blows up in a big way

I really was convinced that this would be money whipped into silence again, but this dares me to dream that we're going to hear it all.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Zoobtro posted:

remember when linda was a zombie while vince was molesting trish or something? bit weird

hahahahahahhahHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

yeah thanks I remember it now and my weekend is off to the fuckin depression races, god drat I hate this company

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Kevin Nash sucks and little kid me watching WCW has been vindicated

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Jesus christ

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

for gently caress's sake watch the goddamn video first before you go off

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Yeah.

I'd like the focus to be on the Massaro case right now, and we will have all the time in the world to circle back and really go off on how much Cara Pipia sucks. That's definitely an important topic, but I do not think it should be the main topic right now. Flip the order of the tweets around and I'd probably have no issue with it.

EDIT: and yeah, gently caress Cena. Plenty of evidence up to this point to suggest you can't do it, but in between learning Mandarin you could have had someone teach you to read a room.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

That DICK! posted:

Terrible prank

Dude lmao

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

MassRafTer posted:

It's frankly incredible to see them doing the hard work Dave Meltzer did during say, the Benoit story and now just refuses to do. They make a fraction of what Dave does and have completely lapped him in real journalism. It's mostly just actually talking to lawyers, law enforcement, spokesmen, etc and asking questions!

Is it incredible? Meltz's serious journalism mode is a light bulb that's rarely lit anymore. It's been a while.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Yeah the part that stuck in my craw was how Hausman tried to spin it all like he knew everything before he walked it back. Just stirring poo poo because he assumes there's poo poo to stir and someone else will lay out the details he doesn't have.

The tweets/emojis/whatever are where there's actual smoke to the fire but I doubt we're ever going to get any explanation for that.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Jokes on Vince, seeing him like that just makes me laugh at him. Plenty of old folks have to walk around like that because they wore themselves down working for decades. Vince did poop stuff and steroids. Way to go, stupid!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm less inclined to get angry at someone who didn't do any raping or covering up of rape and assault

That's just me though