Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I hope that johnny ace gets accidentally tied by the ankle to the next spacex flight and is shot into space and freezes to death while also being burned alive by the rocket thrusters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

That DICK! posted:

hosed up man. You know that thing ain’t gettin to space

i would accept Johnny ace being spread over a large area of southern texas in a uniform manner

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Evil Badman posted:

Can we have a standing agreement to avoid speculation of other involved parties not named or alluded to in the documents until they're revealed? I don't think we need to start adding people to this mess for failing to make a statement in the first x hours of the news breaking.

Yes, Mick and others should absolutely being making statements, but this situation is incredibly messy at best.

While I personally am not gonna start adding people to the do not fly list yet, I am pretty fuckin’ disappointed in a whole shitload of dudes who I thought would be the tiniest bit better than this

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Hey remember when Vince tore both of his quads off his legs and must have been in loving agony and also super pissed off at his body daring to show a sign of weakness

I hope it still hurts when the weather changes

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Lid posted:

Apparently internally there's been no meeting or letter sent to all wrestlers unlike the last tine this happened. Just complete radio silence as the world burns.

Am I going crazy or has that been the case kinda across the board, except for Meltzer? The first thing I have seen from any outlet is a POST wrestling podcast that just downloaded for me.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Sure, but not just from Wwe/TKO. As has been pointed out, nothing from Austin, foley, undertaker, nothing from AEW, nothing from cultaholic, nothing from wrestletalk, POST just got something up shortly ago…

I was expecting to at least see the first few mentions of this story last night, but it feels like it has been moving agonizingly slowly

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

MassRafTer posted:

POST was covering it yesterday, the thing in your podcast feed is probably the audio version of a video they posted yesterday. Even the scummiest pro WWE outlets are covering it like Ringside News, and PWI posted this absolutely awful attempt at apologism:

It's also in ESPN and major outlets.

Good, glad to hear the ball is finally rolling. I was worried this would get swept under the rug.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Why would AEW need to say anything? It's not their company or their business.

They don’t, I was just throwing out anything that came to mind as somewhere that might have any kind of opinion on it

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Lurks With Wolves posted:

I mean, Wrestletalk has articles on it. Cultaholic... technically has articles on it, how is this your front page right now. POST is talking about it, Meltzer is talking about it. AEW hasn't said anything, but it'd be drat near impossible for them to say something without it looking like tribalism. I don't disagree with you, especially for the dozens of old WWE wrestlers who should be shaking their heads right now, but it's like MassRaFTer just said. Most wrestlers and wrestling journalists just aren't equipped to talk about this on a level beyond "jesus christ".

Good. I’m just out of date then. I was doing PowerPoint poo poo for lots of the morning and had a pointless work meeting at lunch and haven’t gotten to really search like I was last night.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Don’t take his word as gospel, especially for behind the scenes financial numbers that are baseless, but he usually has pretty good insights on legal matters

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
If Vince is threatening to defend himself vigorously, that implies there might be a whole trial about this

I know it wouldn’t be a criminal trial, because no criminal charges have been filed, but if Vince actually tried to defend himself vigorously… There would be a period of Discovery, right?

:getin:

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
They are absolutely gonna memory hole Vince and focus on the rock instead for the next few years

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Sir Tonk posted:

Now is the time to change from wwe to wcw

A brand name that has been without controversy for over twenty years

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

sonicice posted:

The Rumble is nearly sold out and it's happening whether you like it or not. Punk has a job to do so I don't find it that unreasonable that he's watching old rumble matches to prepare for that.

I'd like to see what some of you would do put in his position and not just sitting in front of your computer angry posting about it. I'm just sure you would all quit your jobs immediately and burn the world's supply of Slim Jims. :rolleyes:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

maybe, just maybe, cm punk could have been less loudly against Vince's sexual harassment and the awful company culture when it suited him to do so, and then immediately turn around and start nursing off the WWE teat the second he had burned his bridges elsewhere, and now is pointedly keeping his head down

It's great to take a moral stand, but if you only do it when it benefits you, then you are a scumbag

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

the escape goat posted:

he doesn’t have to do this at all which is why it’s so pathetic

I honestly wonder wtf AJ Lee is thinking rn

Folks have laid out an at least convincing to me case for why punk might be too broke not to wrestle and make the millies he could undoubtedly get from tko

He mc hammer'd himself

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Dawgstar posted:

Which is funny because wasn't the story for ages Punk was super frugal?

What do my knuckles say

I ' M B R O K E

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I would really like for something bad to happen to Johnny ace in all of this

There are enough people wishing ill on Vince and I do too, but y’all got the vibes covered there

Johnny ace’s allegations in there are as horrendous as some of Vince’s, and I worry he is gonna skate in this sitch

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I wonder if it’s that Vince has an nda with basically every female wrestler who he has been monstrous to, or if they are just extremely aware of how hard Vince would go after them for defamation

:smith:

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I can’t speak for anyone else but while I personally knew Vince was a scumbag and a fuckhead, I thought it was just constant sleeping around on Linda and hiring sex workers, I didn’t think it got to the level of keeping a private sex slave that he mentally abused and tormented to try to break her of her will, as well as sexually abused to do the same

The sheer scope of the allegations against Vince are what got me, how monstrous he is and has been, and must have been this whole time. And if this poor lady got a 4 milly NDA, and there is a 7.5 milly NDA out there, I am actively trying not to think about what he did to that person

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Eat This Glob posted:

what the hell is h-bombing. ghb?

Yeah, with the intent to make the person pass out

Supposedly Michael Hayes got hbombed on the plane ride from hell, which was why x-pac could cut off his ponytail without hayes noticing

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Please God let Johnny Ace turn full rat and give Vince up entirely and then wind up going down for being a sex monster anyway

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Trying posted:

There is no punishment that can fit his crime. He’s had 80 or whatever years of living large and getting away with it. The best we can do is protect society from him for the remainder of his time on this blasted earth. But most of the powerful people think and act in ways similar to how he did. And he’ll prolly wriggle out of the worst consequences. lol, I guess

What if we went and asked a bunch of former wwe divas what to do to him and let ‘em really go wild with ideas

“Hey Trish, what should we do to Vince’s ballsack as punishment for all that he has done”

*trish does the cesaro neck crack before turning around to begin the list*

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Dumb question- does Vince still have a talent contract?

Yes, and he’s already announced as number 1 in next year’s Rumble

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Not for nothing, but sex assault stories in the news media don’t ever really have a long tail when it is just a bunch of allegations

When the court cases start coming up, when criminal charges get filed, when statements are being put out, that is when true crime stuff gains its hang time in the media. Thus far we had the allegations, and Vince resigning shockingly fast. The next step is either likely when court dates start being scheduled, when more allegations come out, or if Vince countersues or something.

Don’t write this off as being dead in the water yet IMO

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I hope Johnny ace sings like a canary and gives every bit of damning evidence he has access to and then is left penniless and destitute and dies in a ditch somewhere

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I don’t think I have ever heard a true crime podcast or other piece of media do a pro wrestling story and actually get the entire story, be it Benoit, snuka, misawa or anything else

Even when the my favorite murder podcast hosts did wrestling true crime and one of them is married to a wrestling superfan, they still missed a lot of stuff about Benoit

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Majinfoose posted:

Was it from the era where they just read the Wikipedia articles?

I feel like she had been given a full breakdown of the story by her superfan husband Vince, but didn’t get into a huge amount of specific detail

I don’t know for sure, it’s been years and I don’t listen to as much true crime anymore as I used to

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Lid posted:

https://twitter.com/femalelroom/status/1758207555992424886?s=46

Looks like people are more comfortable spilling on the culture they witnessed first hand when they were there.

While I am not thrilled to hear more stories of sexual assault, the thought that these cracks in the dam are the ones at the beginning of a full collapse and flood is one that has me going :sickos:

gently caress you, Vince

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

King Bahamut posted:

I am positive I recall quotes from the sheets or potentially this very forum at the time that multiple women had heat for dating midcard or indy guys, and Gaeda and Haas were specifically mentioned. Never thought it was related to Vince specifically, but the women seemed basically reserved for the main eventers with Randy and Batista being standouts in that behavior

Melina/morrison/batista were another story, that people thought a main eventer like Batista deserved a lady like Melina and not Johnny nitro

The locker room was gross and I hope it is not like that anymore

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
How in the world could a segment like Christy hemme declaring her butt is hungry and then sitting in a pie ever lose the audience

Oh wait, because of the everything, right

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

sithael posted:

whoever wrote that storyline should be investigated

If the writer of the Mae young/mark Henry angle should be investigated, basically every attitude era writer should be investigated

Which is correct, basically every attitude era writer should be investigated

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I give a lot of credit to anyone who is willing to listen to an hour long Matt riddle interview

The brief clips I have heard from this sound like the infamous asuka scooter promo, like nails on a chalkboard for me

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
What could possibly be the problem with a trusted person in an authority role who also happens to be in a sexual relationship with someone he would have had a not-insignificant amount of power over?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Gonzo McFee posted:

https://twitter.com/POSTwrestling/status/1766071618013663654

Well if the man who was head of WWE talent relations before Johnny Ace says we should move on...

Wow that is an intensely lovely non-answer, JR

Tbh I did not expect a good answer from him but that is a really bad one

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

1glitch0 posted:

That isn't a non-answer. That's "gently caress you, leave Vince and the WWE alone, I liked it there, move on move on who cares" answer. There's nothing non-subtle or non-answer about it. John Cena looks like a skilled diplomat in comparison to that answer. That is seriously an answer that should get him canned from AEW. He's one step away from loving endorsing Vince.

Pump the brakes, hoss

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Triple h still did the internal investigation with Stephanie about Vince and cleared Vince to return, right?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Jesus Christ, that website has a mid-page link spot for other articles on their site and the three articles spotlighted in this brand new article are “Kevin Owens fired”(storyline from 2019), “Bobby lashley released”(from 2022), “Malakai black released from AEW”(also from 2022 and didn’t happen)

And the actual stuff from Ronda sounds like a whole lotta nothing

quote:

In her autobiography, Rousey let her feelings be known about Vince McMahon when she said, “It's hard to sometimes know where the evil, unethical, slimeball character of Vince McMahon played out for the cameras ends and the actual questionably ethical, many times sued, and multiple times accused of sexual misconduct Vince McMahon begins.” She wrote that the blurred line is “recurring theme within the WWE Universe.”

Doesn’t sound like Ronda is making any specific allegations

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

blunt posted:

There was more under those spotlighted articles

Yeah but that sounds like she is acknowledging what has been reported, no accusations of her own

I am just accusing the news site of trying to gin a nothing statement from Ronda up into a big slam on Vince when it isn’t really, not saying that she did or did not see anything

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

loose goose posted:

I think there's an important distinction here between acknowledging the reports and what she's saying here. While she hasn't pointed a finger or named names, she is a primary source who worked there and surely is saying this because she heard or saw something during her time there, no?

Eh, that “by all accounts” could be doing a whole fuckin’ lot of heavy lifting. There is nothing directly from Ronda even insinuating that she isn’t speaking of the publicly known stuff. I am not saying she couldn’t be, just that in this case, it doesn’t seem like she is bringing up anything. Which is certainly her right.

Ronda knows she’ll be asked about it as she releases her book, it is a hot topic, she makes a statement she doesn’t think will ruffle any feathers, and i personally feel that the news sites were blowing up her statement to imply way more than what her statement said.

I am just trying to poo poo on bad reporting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Wow wotta scoop

Corporation has unenforced policy that was violated by executives, more on this shocking story as it develops