Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://x.com/WrestlePurists/status/1751022810628022272?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

mkay0 posted:

I’d agree here based on your comments. I also think Endeavor has much more information that we do, and they pushed Dunn out recently.

The more I think about it, the more it’s obvious that Executive 1 absolutely had to go and just the fact that hhh is still there and Dunn isn’t says something.

If someone more familiar with the details of the case wants to give other takes, I’m open to listening. I just read it the one time.

Executive 1 is named as a board member, Dunn wasn't on the board. Neither was Carrano, as far as I can tell.

Pylons fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Jan 27, 2024

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

This is the first time in the 70 or so years of the company that there isn't a McMahon involved anywhere in the company.

As it should be. It's just weird to think about

Shane still has a talent contract supposedly.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

To her credit, Ronda has never really been shy about calling out WWE's bullshit because she's never needed them.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

I had no idea. My condolences. To make this thread when you did while going through that, it's impressive stuff. Thank you again for being such a big help and I hope you'll be okay, same with your friends.

On another note, in news worthy of a sardonic laugh, CM Punk, everybody.

Starbucks

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Someone brought up an interesting point. If Triple H wasn't read up on the lawsuit, why did he cancel Brock's creative for the Rumble?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Forgive me if this is information somebody already brought up, but I was arguing with someone who thinks CO 1 is Frank Riddick and not Paul, and in digging through the filing I put a couple pieces together.

quote:

165: On March 10, 2021, WWE Corporate Officer No. 2 informed Grant that day that
she would officially be moved to Talent Relations and would quickly begin reporting to
Laurinaitis, although details about her role, including a title and salary, were still being firmed up.
In essence, Ms. Grant again found herself in a completely undefined role, except for the
understanding that she remain a sexual slave to be used and trafficked by McMahon within the
WWE.

247: Knowledge on the part of WWE is further illustrated by the multiple meetings Ms.
Grant had about initial hiring and subsequent position changes, including a number of such
meetings with WWE Corporate Officer No. 2 and a voice memo McMahon sent Ms. Grant the
following morning, on March 10, mentioning the names of both WWE Corporate Officer No. 1
and WWE Corporate Officer No. 2 in connection with the new role.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Another interesting bit from Ari Emanuel I had vague recollection of but had to go find again in the wake of this:

quote:

Emanuel wasn’t done. He took a shot at CAA’s rich $7 billion valuation in French billionaire François-Henri Pinault’s deal to acquire a majority interest in the agency. “We’re worth a lot more and we have more morals,” he said. That was too much even for one of Emanuel’s colleagues. “Come on!” he said. “gently caress. ‘We’ve got morals’? That’s going to come back to haunt you.”

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://x.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1753102605348167905?s=20

How much poo poo have we heard about things happening in NXT? What a bullshit answer.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://www.vice.com/en/article/epv757/co-defendant-in-vince-mcmahon-sex-trafficking-lawsuit-says-he-was-a-victim-too

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

My big question here is does this prevent WWE from getting out of this cleanly with a settlement?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

yea ok posted:

because endeavor/TKO doesnt actually care

They still have a ton of debt from purchasing UFC and the lawsuit is about to make the UFC a much less profitable business.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

yea ok posted:

i'm not sure if you're agreeing with me or not, what does that have to do with the ari emmanuel quotes about vince being a part of TKO after the first WSJ article and after the supposed due diligence

I'm agreeing, just adding a bit more information about why Endeavor obviously rushed the deal through.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Appreciate the input, Mox.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

quote:

Fightful has spoken with a number of people within the industry, at least one of which claims they know more people involved. They've been contacted by reporters, attorneys and the like already, and have indicated that if the additional names involved aren't identified, they'll do it themselves.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://x.com/timmarchman/status/1755967916481073222?s=20

quote:

During my time with the WWE, I had observed Vince McMahon making-out with other divas in the locker room, but he never paid attention to me, and I assumed I was not his type. This changed after my Playboy cover was released. I was fortunate enough to be allowed to fly on the company jet and stay at the same hotels as the executives for a period of time so that I could get home faster to spend more time with my daughter. On one of these occasions, Vince was attempting to get me alone with him in his hotel room late at night and I felt extraordinarily uncomfortable. He began calling the hotel room phone and my cell phone nonstop. I called Kevin Dunn to explain the situation and he said I should tell Vince I was not feeling well and would see him on TV the next day, so I did. Immediately after that night, Vince started writing my promos for me. Vince does not write promos for female wrestlers—that is the job of the creative department—and he certainly wouldn’t have, under any normal circumstances, written a promo for me. But he did, and the promos were written with the clear intention of ruining my career. I brought the first script Vince wrote for me to the WWE employee in charge of Creative at the time, Michael Hayes, and he said, ‘you’re not saying this, who the [expletive] wrote this?’ and I told him that Vince did. He said, ‘Well kid, these are the breaks,’ meaning that Vince wanted to end my career and destroy my reputation on my way out. He is known for this type of behavior and also did this to [REDACTED] upon her departure from WWE. In addition, after that night, each time I walk by him he would make vulgar sexual comments that were clearly designed to make me uncomfortable.

Pylons fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Feb 9, 2024

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Maybe this is a reach, but in light of Kevin Dunn being explicitly named in Ashley's statement, this bit from Mox's book seems relevant.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://x.com/ImChelseaGreen/status/1757253034965336380?s=20

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Shard posted:

Does she still work for them? Did something happen to her?

She still works for them, she's just co-opting a hashtag people are using to signal boost Janel Grant and Ashley Massaro.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/NewsNation/status/1759816903386669266

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Gumball Gumption posted:

Are those from the interview last year or was Cena dumb enough to do a second interview with all the new allegations out and still going on about how he loves Vince?

He was just on the Howard Stern show so presumably those are from just now.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://x.com/WrestlePurists/status/1760330233096368532?s=20

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

The fake dichotomy between sexual assault and "ribbing" or "hazing" has helped cover for the past behavior of too many of these motherfuckers. Rick Steiner only ended up getting cancelled over virulent transphobia when both him AND Scott got away with shoving markers up some referee's rear end in WCW as a rib.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I mean some are funny, like when Owen and Steve had a fight with popcorn bags because they saw Dave Meltzer in the front row and tried to have the worst match they possibly could.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

SirPhoebos posted:

Cena knew.

Randy knew.

Of course they knew. They encouraged it. The Diva Search was for the boys.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Sammy too, for harassing/assaulting a waitress and saying Sasha Banks was rapeable or something to that effect.

I don't believe that first one was credible if I recall correctly.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://x.com/rondarouseyszn/status/1775360450781229432?s=46

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/04/17/vince-mcmahon-news-former-wwe-ceos-life-after-janel-grant-lawsuit.html

Big Trump Fundraiser.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://x.com/DrainBamager/status/1781314636211462531

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

The reason the Weinstein comparison is apt and the equivalency to Tony turning a blind eye to a bunch of people with histories of sexual abuse is not is because the issue goes far beyond Vince in WWE's case, it's also about the people who knew, many of whom are still on the board, and either their investigation was lovely on purpose because they didn't want to find anything, or they found out everything and allowed him back into the company anyway so they could collect a massive bonus from the sale of the company to Endeavor.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Eat My Fuc posted:

NDAs should be illegal

There are plenty of valid reasons for NDAs to exist.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Any project you work on that has sensitive or proprietary information that could damage the value of said project if it was out in the open. Hell, the video game industry uses them to keep people from talking about games that are early in development because things change massively during development and first impressions matter a lot.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

MJeff posted:

Are Johnny's lawyer's previous statements admissible in court?

I asked someone I know and they said no because they were statements made by his lawyer, not by Johnny himself.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Eat This Glob posted:

If the terms of the NDA weren't adhered to (wwe stopped paying?), are its terms enforceable? Genuine question

That's the question the court needs to decide. Did Vince stopping payments forfeit the NDA all together or is this dispute within the terms of the arbitration clause?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Dango Bango posted:

I'm not sure if I'm understanding your post correctly, but McMahon's argument is Grant went to the courts when everything should be handled via arbitration. Thus, he is trying to get the case out of the courts and handled by an arbitrator (where nothing is public).

I believe they're arguing that if there was something Vince felt was a breach of the NDA to the point that he stopped the payments (which is the impetus for the lawsuit) he should've requested arbitration himself rather than unilaterally stopping the payments. I don't know if that works as a legal argument but I thought about it too.