Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

cagliostr0 posted:

If I'm remembering correctly this is being filed in California. Currently the suit is only allegations from one party against another and will probably remain that way until there is a settlement or discovery happens. During discovery if something like what happened during the quattrone discovery occurs then it will dramatically and negatively affect the verdict of the jury which recommend the financial penalties in cases like this.

With how fast and loose Vince was with his abuse it's basically guaranteed that somewhere in the wwe/tko files that have to be maintained for sec reasons there is at least one quattrone level incriminating communication that matches one in the complaint. I'm sure you can imagine the level of chickens with their heads cut off scrambling happening right now trying to figure out exactly how exposed the company is to Vince's actions and how large a settlement they need to offer to prevent discovery.

Regardless, this settlement will be large enough that they will have to report it in their financials which will then be a causus belli for shareholder suits that will also need to be settled because if the evidence is there that executives and the board knew but turned a blind eye or helped conceal it then it's a clear failure of fiduciary duty and probably securities fraud.

if matt levine's newsletter has taught me anything, we are well into securities fraud territory already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Drakkel posted:

Cody may actually live up to his boyhood dream of being the booker just through attrition

hearing that raw is going to have a very small crew backstage going forward.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

AsInHowe posted:

That entire thing is going to end up as its own investigation.

theres a dark side of the ring ep for you.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

fedbrained husband true crime podcast wife?? those women will be browbeating their husbands about this if it hits the podcasts. hope you like basketball sucka because your wwe days are over!

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

STONE COLD 64 posted:

those words spoken in sequence sound like the unlock code for a sleeper agent

all of my posts are coded messages for one very important lurker (you know who you are -- the hour is almost here!!)

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

After what he went through over Taiwan you'd think his PR team would have beaten it into his robot brain.

seems pretty clear to me that the PR stuff was beaten into his brain. by wwe.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

Looking through the old Diva Search recaps I also came across an angle that I have no memory of. (I almost never watched WWE TV from 2001-2008, only watching heralded matches or clips of promos that popped up.) Dave seems very sure in the January 9th Observer that Melina suing Batista for "sexual harassment" is Vince playing out a power trip over Rita Chatterton twenty years later.

Not having watched in this period and not having seen Batista in this period in ages he seems to be styled a little more like Vince would be in this press conference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkI_hvdkVSk

https://www.wwe.com/shows/smackdown/sdspecial/loosearticles/melinamakesstatement

It's clear that this is an angle about sexual assault and not harassment and UPN just wouldn't let them say sexual assault or rape. Made even worse by Melina's later revelations that she actually was raped and was also suicidal.

:psyduck: what in the gently caress -- that statement as a wrestling storyline bit is so fuckin sick

man how much longer do you think that page stays up on wwe's site? its crazy its still up now.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

HonorableTB posted:

He got a lot of sympathy handwaving he absolutely didn't deserve because of the whole Manson family murders and all. He should be in prison, the only reason he isn't is because his wife was murdered (and he fled to France after accepting a bs plea deal)

But this doesn't have anything to do with the sex pest at hand so I'll leave it at that

Tom O'Neil's Chaos paints Polanski as a really nasty guy and basically says Polanski treated Shannon Tate not that differently than the way McMahon treated Janel Grant.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Complete and Total EXONERATION!

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

JUNGLE BOY posted:

this is probably the sentiment of at least half of the wwe locker room

roman wearing a black 'vince' armband in the main tonight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Don't you get it? yeah pretty easily brother you werent subtle.