Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzqBqz0u_NU

The Flagship Podcast's first hour yesterday was about the allegations, I thought they did a really good job breaking everything down while avoiding the most offensive details.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Rarity posted:

You're right, MRT should start a podcast :hmmyes:

This would be incredibly big. Large, even. I'm struggling to think of a word that could capture the enormity.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Next time some disingenuous dumbfuck shows up in the main thread to have a cry about how it's just impossible that anybody knew anything bad was happening, throw this post at them.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Bischoff is lamenting the "Dark cloud over WWE" and the "innocent people" there and Jarrett is rambling on about stoicism and not actually saying anything about Vince. They are both choosing to talk like this. They are making purposeful choices in the words they're using. These are two men who have known and worked with Vince going back decades.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Okay, I'm a little confused. In the video, which is from 5 days ago, right after the complaint came out, Judge Callis says "our hope is by putting this out there, other people will come forward." but the article, from today, says that she says "My office and my inbox have had a barrage of people wanting to come forward to attest about this culture of corruption and also possible victims. We are just beginning now to wade through all this but we’re frankly overwhelmed".

Did Judge Callis do another interview more recently? Or is "SLAM WRESTLING" makin' poo poo up?

Okay, it looks like Judge Callis spoke to News Nation again yesterday. I'll see if I can find video of that one.

MJeff fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Feb 1, 2024

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
smol bean johnny

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Turn states' evidence, Johnny. Come on. Do it.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Yeah I can't get over the fact that Laurinitis is outright corroborating everything Grant is saying. That feels like he knows where the cannon is pointed and nothing is gonna stop it from firing and he just wants to get the gently caress out of the way.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Not directly related to the allegations against Vince, but, a pretty powerful insight into what an unfeeling wretch he is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VScLG4YODC4

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
That's....not what a superseding indictment is.

A superseding indictment is one that amends and replaces the original indictment. Civil court and criminal court are still two completely different things.

The feds are doing their own investigation into Vince, but that's up to them to bring in their own time.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

The Cameo posted:

He had a series of payments he was supposed to make in order to fulfill his part of the NDA agreement. First payment was $1,000,000, and then I believe the rest of the total - $3 million - would be paid either quarterly or every half year from that point, in half million increments? He paid the first million, evidently thought she leaked the initial story in 2022 despite having no proof of that, and basically said “gently caress her” and never sent even a second payment. Which in turn led to the suit being filed, which now in turn has led to the FBI investigating him based on the allegations in the complaint that is the basis of the suit.

So he hosed everything up over $2 million. $7 million is an entirely different amount of money for an entirely different, and probably even more horrible, NDA’d affair. There’s several of these, and a lot, maybe all of the agreements, might be on such shaky legal standing that we could end up with a Weinstein-like avalanche of stories coming out.

I think the feds were investigating him in response to the initial leak from 2022, not the suit being filed last week, right?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Jesus gently caress, Johnny is singin' like a bird.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

MassRafTer posted:

It should be noted that Johnny isn't exactly being honorable here, like with the lawsuit he's confirming things, but also that he did nothing wrong.

So basically he's contradicting WWE's claim of "Ashley never came to us" and corroborating Ashley's story that she did report what happened to WWE, but he's claiming the way he handled it was totally above board.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

post hole digger posted:

theres a dark side of the ring season for you.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Hayes: This is the most insane loving drivel I've ever seen. There is no loving way you can go on TV and say any of this. This is the ravings of a loving lunatic. Who wrote this garbage? Who the gently caress sullied the written word with this!? Tell me! WHO!?
Ashley: Vince wrote it.
Hayes: Ah, well. It's all in the delivery. Break a leg, kid.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
"Kevin says his friend got harassed."

HHH was "harassed" by being asked three questions, guys.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Majinfoose posted:

Didn't someone say Bitchard is Vince's proxy back stage?

Rousey, yeah.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Didn't Rusev and Lana get punished for getting married?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Isn't there some kind of deadline today?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

STONE COLD 64 posted:

gently caress John Cena.

New Vince McMahon text just dropped.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

CombineThresher posted:

Owen convincing Mick Foley to purposely tank a house show match because Dave Meltzer was there is still my favorite Owen story, though the Reg Park phone prank is pretty great too.

And Dave was like, they had a match that got really over!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Is that the first time Ariel has asked anybody about Vince?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So instead of Steph dumping Trips for his involvement, it was.....the other way around?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

The337th posted:

I just have an incredibly hard time believing his evil side was that well hidden

Never underestimate the power of cognitive dissonance.

Personally, I think Seth and Becky have handled this the best of anybody in the company. They're not denying what happened or denying the experiences of Janel Grant or anybody else. They're just stuck in the mindset of "I have all this success that I owe to Vince McMahon", instead of understanding that they earned that success themselves with their talent and hard work that Vince was willing to exploit to make money for himself. And that barely has anything to do with Vince McMahon in specific and is just something capitalism drills into people's minds.

MJeff fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Mar 23, 2024

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Well, they are being sued by the shareholders for the merger.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
What the gently caress was that Nick Khan quote about past standards applied to present actions?

EDIT: Found it. Leslie making a rare appearance outside of the stupid wrestling fan thread.

https://twitter.com/leslieleeiii/status/1615756262322442240

So he said this in January 2023. They made this policy in June 2023. Ooooooookay, dude.

MJeff fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Mar 26, 2024

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Majinfoose posted:

Cool. And people still give money to this company.

You might even say it's beyond the pale.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So uh.

That letter implicates a whole shitton of people as being aware of the relationship, right?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

The blatant namedrops of Johnny Ace, Nick Khan, Brad et. al, yeah. The fact that she was forced to constantly write these bizarre "love" screeds she was taking GQ quotes from just to pad out because of Vince's megalomania...really horrible poo poo, and definitely feels like some kind of bombshell.

But the letter was released by Vince's side! He thought this would make him look better and Grant look worse!

I guess I expect that kind of insane sociopathy out of Vince but his lawyers are really asleep at the wheel.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Whoolighams posted:

it's going to be used as a complete dismissal of charges by fed stans and probably beyond that. think about how many people think the Heard/Depp trial completely exonerated Depp

It already is.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I dunno why but my immediate instinct says somebody put Gulak up to that.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Not that I think it's irrelevant, but I think focusing on Gulak's brother or even Gulak himself is kinda missing the point. Ronda made a point to say that this happened in a hallway, with other people around, and nobody reacted. If an undercard guy with absolutely no power felt like he could get away with putting his hands on a tippy tippy top main event star, that....says a lot. A lot, a lot.

(also, again, it really just smells to me like he might've been put up to it. Like somebody told him to do it to Ronda as a "rib" or some poo poo. And again, undercard guy with absolutely no power, what's he gonna do, refuse?)

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Exactly. And even if it was just something he did entirely by himself, I think the point Ronda is trying to make is that there was a culture where he felt it was acceptable to do that with other people around - something he was apparently right about, because according to Ronda, nobody reacted.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
6'1" is his billed height, but I'm pretty sure he's still taller than Ronda.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
It's kind of amazing how Judge Callis very thoroughly explains how love letters like this are a standard abuse tactic, you saw it in these high profile cases, you can see that she was writing it over and over because of fear. Just very clearly explains how the letter is more evidence of McMahon's abuse of Grant.

And Rosenberg's response is just "bitch be lyin'."

Also Johnny Ace's lawyer loving begging Callis to take mercy on him.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I think they were asking in the sense that he brought in somebody as a fixer that eventually pushed him out the door, which is reliant on the idea that Vince is only gone because of Nick Khan, which I dunno if I think is really accurate.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Trump has definitely been begging him for money.

If he's staying in contact with Dwayne then what the gently caress, Dwayne is basically the actual head of creative for WWE.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Did McMahon pay someone to write that? Between the puppies and kittens and "He's not in touch with anyone at the company. He also talks to the Rock all the time"

Holy poo poo.

https://twitter.com/sherman4949/status/1777403237630394865

Hmmmmmmmm.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

A Fancy Hat posted:

Seems pretty bad that the Rock's still talking to Vince regularly!!! Almost as if he's still a major part of the company and deeply embedded in the workplace culture.

"Paul Levesque and Stephanie McMahon haven't talked to Vince "regarding company matters"." is some pretty interesting phrasing too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/BrandonThurston/status/1780697405152719142

quote:

New comment from a spokesperson for Janel Grant responding to NBC's reporting that Dwayne Johnson and John Cena are still in touch with Vince McMahon after his resignation:

"It’s shameful that Mr. Johnson and Mr. Cena would associate themselves with an individual with decades of allegations just like Janel's. Behind-the-scenes support is louder than any public statement ever could be."