Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

96 BELOW THE WAVE
Sep 12, 2011

all your prayers must seem as nothing

graph posted:

he has an entire loving system to predate on struggling women down to the loving building/landlord/superintendent, just levels of Pure Evil i have a lot of trouble trying to comprehend

I decided to read through the court documents after seeing the excerpts being discussed here—I had to tap out. He was orchestrating this from the moment he learned of her existence. Just monstrous levels of grooming, the false vulnerability, constantly pushing her boundaries. All the initial incidents are textbook abuser poo poo, because he has a loving textbook. This was practiced. He has to have done this hundreds of times or more.

The precision of his actions, the fact that he had tried-and-true tactics, that made me sick before I could even get to the text messages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

96 BELOW THE WAVE
Sep 12, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

Everything is horrible about this but after seeing the most disgusting details and going back to read it in order, Vince telling her the only thanks he needed was a hug made me angrier than I'd been all day.

That got me in a blind rage. This poor woman was tortured by a man who knows exactly how to do so. 'No thanks necessary, just a hug' is evil in the most profound sense.

I don't know that people always immediately grasp how helpless being in a circumstance like this makes you feel. Your material survival is tied entirely to the whims of someone exponentially more powerful than you are. That power is demonstrated early and often. Whether it was the first hug or the fifteenth at some point you register that you're not comfortable with what's happening, but you can't say anything now because you were okay with it before, and they're being so kind to you, and then things escalate, and your agency is guttered. It is so loving frightening. You blank out and you try to get through.

I wish I could convey to her how sorry I am that she's had to go through this. I hate that being doxxed by that roach meant that she lost the dignity of breaking in private. I sympathize with his other victims, who have to now contend with deciding if they'd like to put themselves through the public meat grinder.

God this whole thing is foul.

96 BELOW THE WAVE
Sep 12, 2011

Akileese posted:

It's a complete and utter refusal to see a human being as anything other than property that shook me to the core. We've all been around these parts (as in Something Awful and the internet for a while) so we've some poo poo, but nothing could possibly prepare me for how horrible this was. I didn't get close to getting through it all, then I saw some of the texts and it pretty much broke me once I internalized another person was put through this pre-meditated horror.

Everyone involved should see a cell and be brought to justice, no matter if they were involved or covered it up. This is some actual cartel poo poo, and they need to be treated as such. If there was any justice in this world Vince would see a jail cell for the rest of his miserable existence, but I'm not going to hold out hope for that. I well and truly hope Ms. Grant can find some peace even if it's a long shot.

Thank you and everyone else here who's been so unequivocal about your condemnation of this. You don't know how much it means to read people's disgust and horror instead of derision and victim blaming. What this woman experienced is an abomination, and it's so hard because this circumstance happens to so many vulnerable people.

96 BELOW THE WAVE
Sep 12, 2011

Drakkel posted:

Like the guy had a whole support structure helping him. The people at his apartment building, the "celebrity doctor", the entire corporate structure at WWE itself.

Does the apartment/condo situation with the building manager helping connect her with Vince feel coordinated? I admit that wasn’t my impression reading the suit, but only because it seemed she’d made friends as she was trying to get back on her feet, so the manager contacting Vince on her behalf felt more a good faith offer with horrific results. It didn’t strike me as a Ghislaine pipeline. None of the folks from the building were named or Apartment Manager #2’d, were they?

And obviously having typed all that I realize I’m in a way asking ‘please let this not have been a well-used lure’ with not a lot of hope

96 BELOW THE WAVE fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Jan 29, 2024

96 BELOW THE WAVE
Sep 12, 2011

disaster pastor posted:

I don't think there's nearly enough evidence to jump to this conclusion, especially since her complaint specifically says the building manager "wanted to help." It just comes off as the manager knowing Vince and thinking this is an unlucky woman Vince could give a hand to. For all we know (and hope), the manager is as horrified as we all are.

That was my hope. I’m sure to his neighbours he was a very nice and outgoing old man—Vince charisma is a long documented thing. If he wasn’t a loving monster this would have been a wonderful story on the six o’clock news celebrating how lovely capitalism is.