Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Obviously the worst example of the Show Must Go On mentality will always be Owen but I'm going back to how absolutely lackluster the show after Bray Wyatt's death was and how it started with a "golly gee the show must go on, we have to entertain :)" monologue. Like, I don't want this to be an X Company Vs Y Company thing but the memories of Jay Briscoe and Brodie Lee hover over AEW, their absences constantly acknowledged. There's this really distressing feeling to how Bray was so quickly given lipservice and moved on from, just another cog in the machine. It's a ghoulish company in so, so many ways.

Remember the time where they did completely change Raw to make it a tribute to a recently deceased wrestler? And then it turned out he'd murdered his wife & son before killing himself & the some in the WWE might have been aware of that before the show went out. So maybe after that farce they just decided "never again"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

JUNGLE BOY posted:

what’s the deal with sara amato / who is that

She's the Assistant Head Coach at the Performance Centre, & former indy wrestler Sara Del Ray. For a long time she was the only woman coach at the PC, but if the Wikipedia page is right there's also a female strength & conditioning coach

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

C. Everett Koop posted:

Right but we've got several milestones that need to be hit before even considering such a thing.

The courts do. We are free to speculate wildly

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

STONE COLD 64 posted:

when i was a kid, about 8 or 9 years old, my dad had brought me to a coworker of his's fathers funeral which was all the way in long island. After the service everyone headed to the guys house where his other son was hosting a big italian dinner for everyone. This was a big house, really big. High ceilings, everything made of dark wood, not like a mansion but still a more than decent sized house. I wind up needing to go to the bathroom and one of the other kids points me to it, and when i got there i saw they had two toilets which was pretty wild. I go back to the dinner and everything is going fine, then one of the adults burst out screaming WHO TOOK A poo poo IN THE BIDET? And suddenly it was time for us to go

Taking a dump in a rich guy's bidet is praxis

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

The Chikara legacy lives on

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

If you're going to rib Ronda, you should really just bring up Sandy Hook & actually shame her for all her abysmally bigoted opinions, rather than trying to pull down her troos.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

jesus WEP posted:

a scrum with helmets seems like it would kill somebody

It'd stop rugby forwards having quite so many cauliflower ears though, and surely that's a more pressing issue than traumatic brain injury

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Alan_Shore posted:

To be clear (and someone correct me if I'm wrong) we've gone over the Lethal stuff on these forums several times and there's nothing to the allegations

Unless Taeler Hendrix withdrew the accusations I'm not sure how we can say "there's nothing to" them? And while I might have missed that happening because I don't really follow indy gossip like I once did.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Raeg posted:

Something I thought I was wrong about was the guy in the PRIME bottle at Mania getting banned from Twitch for threatening people with sexual assault, because it seemed like an insane choice for the "one bad apple and he's gone" Mania weekend strategy.

I'd totally forgotten about it because I never saw it get questioned from any outlet and assumed I was misremembering, but nope:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/IShowSpeed

"In December 2021, Watkins took part in a Twitch "e-dating" livestream show hosted by Adin Ross. The exchange between Watkins and another participant, Ash Kash, escalated to what was widely interpreted as a rape threat. Watkins was the first contestant to be eliminated, and shortly after the game had ended, he quickly rejoined the Discord call and started sexually harassing Kash, slurring her repeatedly. Watkins was then kicked out of the call, with Ross apologizing to Kash for his behavior. Watkins was later banned from Twitch. According to a Twitter post by him, Watkins was banned for "sexual coercion or intimidation." "

But he got the big funny table spot so probably not worth thinking about.

Oh, the guy who hosted the stream was the guy responsible for Andrew Tate getting arrested by the Romanians a couple month back when he mentioned he'd spoken to Tate & quoted him saying he was going to leave Romania & never return. Because explaining your mate's plan to escape house arrest seems like a very sensible thing to do on a public stream.

The streaming community seems loving horrific?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

Drew is the same case as that British guy who was cut during Speaking Out. He admitted it instead of denied it and the company cut him for it.

Although a slightly less serious case than Jack Gallagher's own behaviour IIRC. But you do get the impression WWE would rather people denied everything, or at least just stay silent, seeing that people like Jordan Devlin are still under contract.