Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
I have been out of the loop with watching wrestling or paying attention to wrestling for a while but thank you for the informative OP about this whole monstrous situation. Burn this company to the ground.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Vince has sex toys he names after professional wrestlers.

Imagine how little dignity you'd have to have to find out that your boss has a sex toy he named after you and then used to assault somebody with, and then continuing to work for him.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Hellblazer187 posted:

I assume there's a great deal of scrambling in the legal departments to figure out exactly what to say.

The text messages are so damning.

Maybe I'm a big piece of poo poo for guffawing at this, but the statement from McMahon's lawyers of "This lawsuit is replete with lies, obscene made-up instances that never occurred, and a vindictive distortion of the truth. He will vigorously defend himself" juxtaposed with the text message where Vince is like "all the tech guys were howling with glee at this truthful story I was telling them" made me guffaw.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

rotinaj posted:

Good, glad to hear the ball is finally rolling. I was worried this would get swept under the rug.

I suppose that this abuse is so far that mainstream outlets won't be able to say "oh that wacky world of pro wrestling!" so I think this is going to be a pretty big deal outside of the pro wrestling bubble, even if wrestling "journalism" and IWC dorks are going to mostly just focus on which of their favorite hollywood celebrities and sports entertainment superstars might be in the royal rumble this year

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

So help me god if this gets brushed off as, like, an "inappropriate workplace relationship" I'm going to be really pissed off. This is psychotic and sadistic "lock this person and everyone involved away forever" poo poo

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

flashy_mcflash posted:

It's Scherer so he's obviously not a serious person but holy balls this reads like parody.

Jesus loving Christ

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

lmao

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Majinfoose posted:

I'm a vegetarian

slim jims are probably mostly dirt

dirt + decaying organic material is how plants happen

checkmate

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

MassRafTer posted:

I'm told people on reddit are demanding Brock Lesnar and Vince be taken out of the video game, have no idea how widespread it is or where but if anyone goes on reddit let us know.

If they don't remove Brock and Vince, redditors will still buy the game but they'll turn away from their PS5 the first time they turn it on, so that the WWE knows how they feel

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

some bust on that guy posted:

Dutch Mantell had a hour and a half podcast on it. Rene Dupree and Paul London talked about it on Rene's channel. Yeah, it's strange how much silence there has been

Konnan and Disco talked about it on Konnan's channel

Did Disco blame it on woke

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

MassRafTer posted:

I posted some Glassdoor reviews of WWE in the WWE thread and then found the last one a little later. Might as well post them here and highlight that one.

I don't entirely trust Glassdoor because you have to write a review to see submitted salaries nowadays, and I could easily see IWC dorks writing bad reviews about the company they hate but watch twice a week like clockwork, but if these are real: lol. lmao.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

quote:

It is quite likely that some of our faves are implicated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Gavok posted:

I always liked the Owen prank from when wrestlers were recording their lines for WWF Attitude (maybe Warzone). Owen explained to the guys there that British Bulldog was illiterate and was very sensitive about it. So they had Bulldog in the booth and they kept telling him his lines and asking him to repeat them into the mic. Eventually, Bulldog got so frustrated and yelled, "Jesus Christ, just write them down!" and everyone realized what was going on.

loving lmao