Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

average wwe fan right now tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

That DICK! posted:

Eva Braun needs to ditch that clown

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://x.com/WrestlePurists/status/1751080352888610955?s=20

Hopefully Corporate Officer Number 1 is sweating right now

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

vince mcmahon is so lucky that he stepped down right before cm punk made a public statement absolutely shredding him about the allegations and now that vince is gone it would just be unnecessarily digging up the past to bring it up

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://x.com/TripleH/status/1751326970523087128?s=20

would love to see the name of Corporate Officer Number 1 be “made”

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

here we go again

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

these fed fans just get so hyped up about rape that they start posting again. it should be studied

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Punk's a complete sellout, any shred of respect anyone ever had left for him should be completely gone, after this week

yep, especially after this

https://x.com/AIRGold_/status/1750694439431893234?s=20

he was too busy hanging out with 22 year old women and posting instagram stories about the royal rumble to say poo poo. what an embarrassing loving clown

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

voice of the voiceless unless he really needs to be a good boy for the abusers he crawled back to 🥺

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

i worked for a nonprofit for a ceo that was constantly racist and verbally abusive towards staff. it was bad enough that it was covered in multiple outlets sometime after i left but nowhere near as bad as what vince is accused of. i am definitely not a millionaire but i got out of there as fast as i could after the first incident i witnessed.

it really says something about your moral character if even with millions of dollars, vastly more financially secure than the average worker, you couldn’t imagine speaking up about your employer doing the most vile poo poo imaginable

i really wouldn’t be able to look myself in the mirror if i was like a little coward like you sonicice

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

what an amazing week for WWE, well said Papa H

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Goblin Queen posted:

I'm assuming Netflix is desperate to get into live sports and will use WWE to work out the kinks. They will drop the fed once the option comes up after five years and they have real sports lined up, assuming they aren't forced to drop them immediately because of bad press.

this is the only thing that makes sense to me. publicly netflix has said that they think wwe has a lot of untapped viewership potential but that is exactly the same thing FOX said and we know how that turned out

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

edit: wrong thread!!

JUNGLE BOY fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Jan 30, 2024

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

they’ve all gotta go. don’t support this company in any way folks

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

MJeff posted:

Next time some disingenuous dumbfuck shows up in the main thread to have a cry about how it's just impossible that anybody knew anything bad was happening, throw this post at them.

taped to a minecraft brick

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

DeathChicken posted:

Back then you could just buy it straight from GNC, which they did

what the absolute gently caress

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

MassRafTer posted:

It's not, they are just stupid and can't tell the difference between Corporate Officer No. 1 and Employee No. 1. Employee No. 1 is the old widower.

Rundown of the people not named:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=4052812&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post537433118

while many are stupid i also believe some are intentionally trying to muddy the waters, as it has been explained enough times to prominent posters over there and they keep repeating it to protect their precious papa

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

what’s the deal with sara amato / who is that

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

👀

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Drakkel posted:

It would be absolutely wild watching WWE go through this power struggle where people keep getting thrown out for being sex pests and replaced with other wrestling figures who then in turn also get thrown out for also being sex pests just over and over and over again because it's sex pests all the way down.

always has been

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Lamuella posted:

These guys are about to weigh in on the ring boy scandal

“wait, isn’t the whole pro wrestling thing fake though???”
“it is! however, fake fights sometimes lead to… true crime…”

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

edit: didn’t realize what thread i was in

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Unperson_47 posted:

The last 3-4 years between all the speaking out stuff, Jericho being Jericho, Vince being Vince, AEW hiring Flair has completely killed my interest in wrestling. Now I just watch MMA where there is an entirely separate group of lovely people.

makes sense

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://x.com/KXNGAO/status/1775604241299595352?s=20

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

this is probably the sentiment of at least half of the wwe locker room

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

someone should show the recruiting call for unmarried 13 year olds to all the qanon freaks in nxt and ufc

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

AsInHowe posted:

a WWE crowd silent and confused when the piano of the Miramax intro theme begins, but then losing their mind when the HARVEY WEINSTEIN wordmark appears on the enormous video board

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

davidbix posted:

She didn't delete anything. I don't understand why people keep saying she did, and I'm kind of sick of it with how easy it is to check:
https://twitter.com/IamKylieRae/status/1741038478945886693

If you were thinking of the tweets she liked, she didn't undo those, either. She liked a bunch of tweets that day, but she didn't like them in the order they were tweeted. So a bunch of people didn't scroll down far enough and incorrectly concluded that she un-liked those tweets. I have no problem with anyone saying that the emoji and likes can't really be acted upon, but I do have a problem with people saying poo poo that isn't true and pretending that there aren't deductions that an adult with critical thinking skills should be able to make as to her intent. The fact of the matter is that she decided to reply and didn't debunk the rumors in that reply. Regardless of whatever did or didn't happen, anyone who acts like her intent wasn't obvious is infantilizing her as some smol widdle gurl who didn't know better, and it's gross. We're not mind readers, but we still have working brains.

The following is not intended as a chiming in on how much truth there is to the rumors, just clarify the way the rumors made the rounds: The idea that there's an NDA has been out there since long before Brawl Out. It has nothing to do with Brawl Out. But it was probably bolstered in some people's minds by the nature of the emoji tweet, where it was pretty widely read as her affirming the rumors, but without actually disclosing anything.

You're correct, though, that the rumors, as they've circulated over the last few years, have always been murky as to any kind of specifics. The part that's been 100% consistent is that Jericho invited her to his hotel suite under the guise of it being a party where lots of AEW personnel would be present, only to for her to show up and find Jericho alone. It's not even clear when exactly it's supposed to have happened or if the idea is that AEW was party to a theoretical NDA and/or payoff or not.

Also, it seems like everyone's forgotten that Tony Khan refused to answer direct, yes or no questions asking if Jericho had ever been reported and/or investigated for any kind of sexual misconduct claim in AEW. That didn't help! At all! That's a hell of a way to make the fanbase think that it's true. And after hearing about the catcalls Jericho got in Indianapolis, which is not normally the kind of market where insider-y heckling is common/noticeable, it sure seems like it's proliferated a lot more than most realize.

Again, none of this is intended as a comment on if it's true. We can't even treat it as 100% that there's an allegation. But I'm sick of people spreading easily-debunked bullshit about what we know has gone down, projecting Nick Hausman's bullshit onto everything else, treating Kylie as an idiot who couldn't have possibly have foreseen how her tweet would be read, etc. Hausman handled it terribly and put Kylie in an awful position as the only woman who had already been linked publicly to any Jericho misconduct rumors. I'm still angry at him about it months later. But while I'd much rather we not be in this weird limbo, anyone who treats it as a total nothing, entirely a creation of Nick Hausman, etc. is not being a serious person.

but isn't the absolute earliest source for the kylie / jericho rumors this guy:

https://x.com/JohnAferris1/status/1188310608753627136

who accounts like ISO Wrestling you quoted (an account that called Swerve a slur 2 days ago btw just for the record) still cite because of these tweets:

https://x.com/JohnAferris1/status/1196591377242562560
https://x.com/JohnAferris1/status/1741156009626710447

is there an actual legitimate source for these rumors or is this guy what everyone is going off of?

JUNGLE BOY fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Apr 30, 2024

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

rotinaj posted:

Yo, you know who sucks?

Kathy Laurinaitis. By this timeline, Johnny ace was super duper cheating on her to be a gross part of assaulting Janel, the dude admitted all kinds of poo poo before this recent about-face, and she is just quietly on his side, posting pictures of him and the fam on insta.

Just stickin’ by her absolute trash fire of a man.

i don’t think she has posted anything since the lawsuit came out and also wasn’t she battling brain cancer for a while?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Gumball Gumption posted:

They were released because they were not valuable. If your crimes are not enough to drain you off value you're fine

this is true, brock is 100% coming back