Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh
It's funny that it was called the Plane Ride from Hell when all they did on the flight was exactly what they did in the locker room/backstage on a routine basis.

Should've been called the Plane Ride from WWE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

MassRafTer posted:

It's frankly incredible to see them doing the hard work Dave Meltzer did during say, the Benoit story and now just refuses to do. They make a fraction of what Dave does and have completely lapped him in real journalism. It's mostly just actually talking to lawyers, law enforcement, spokesmen, etc and asking questions!

I will always love Meltzer for like 30 years of insanely rich and detailed newsletters but he checked out years ago.

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

TinTower posted:

Kenny Omega last night insinuated that Rossy Ogawa, formerly of Stardom, is well known in the Japanese scene to be a pedophile.

Which isn't a surprise given he's previously published gravure books containing talent who were minors, and only this week his new WWE-backed promotion were looking to sign unattached teenagers.

So, uh, does Titan Towers have a quota system for sex pests or something?

I’m torn.

On one hand, I think vague comments about horrible crimes is an extremely tacky thing to do.

On the other hand, sounds bad.

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

MassRafTer posted:

There isn't much more you can say when victims don't want to come forward than that. Rossy is someone I assumed was just a loving weirdo and that there were cultural issues in play I didn't understand, but in retrospect I should have listened less to his friends in the Meltzerverse and more to the thought "these photo books are hosed up."

Yeah that’s why I’m torn. I mean, picture books with underage girls is something in plain sight, and even without vague comments from Omega, is something that should make anyone be like “hey what the actual gently caress.”

Does Rossy even talk to Meltzer? I thought the only guy who talked to Dave was Fumi Saito.

Edit: I should clarify I’m torn about my “hey vague posting isn’t cool” comment. I’m not at all torn on underage girl exploitation and abuse, which is a resounding “do not do that.”

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

MassRafTer posted:

Rossy's sidekick hung out on the board and was an obvious source for a lot of Dave's false Stardom reports.

Man Dave just doesn’t give a poo poo anymore does he?

I like Dave a lot and he was the only game in town for so long, and so much incredible history and stories are in the WON, but geez if you don’t care anymore man just retire ya know? You have nothing to prove, Dave!

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

What does this mean?

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

One thing to add to your post: IIRC the woman quoted in the original tweet said she did not have any specific Jericho allegations. I don’t know if she heard any whispers though.

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

davidbix posted:

That's it. Tori walking back something that she vaguetweeted when emotions were running high at the peak of #SpeakingOut is immaterial. The rumor had been public knowledge for something like 8 months by then. Vito's post was much more relevant to Kylie replying.

Oh I'm not trying to muddy anything, I just remember a few months back her tweet was brought up and it had to be clarified that it was not related to any Kylie Rae rumor.

At the end of the day, if it is true, and Ric Flair is on the roster, and with additional stories about Jay Lethal and Don Callis, Tony should be very careful with comments toward WWE-- as awesome as the comments were.

(Yes, I'm aware that Vince and WWE are far far worse and deserve to be mentioned at any chance. I'm just saying the moral high ground can't be thin ice.)

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

Shinjobi posted:

Yeah the part that stuck in my craw was how Hausman tried to spin it all like he knew everything before he walked it back. Just stirring poo poo because he assumes there's poo poo to stir and someone else will lay out the details he doesn't have.

The tweets/emojis/whatever are where there's actual smoke to the fire but I doubt we're ever going to get any explanation for that.

The "CM Punk is not Mad" episode of the Trish & Sarah Wrestling Podcast had a throwaway line implying their guess that Hausman leaking that was a hit job from Punk, but that doesn't mesh with Bix's findings.

CombineThresher posted:

Pretty much everything about Kylie's exit from AEW is clouded by speculation, including the interview where she said it wasn't an issue with AEW at all and more because of her own depression/substance abuse issues. Whether that's legit or because of an NDA is anyone's guess, but I feel bad for Kylie getting dragged into a stupid argument between morons that wasn't even about her.

She left Impact in similar fashion about a year after. But it's easy to speculate that she did so because an experience at AEW led to worse anxiety.

I feel bad I'm speculating more so I will shut up.

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

Liquid Communism posted:

Work on a project where revealing the existence of the project will severely damage its market value, even without revealing any proprietary data.

However, that would be a very focused NDA, and would need to have significant compensation attached to make it worth being quiet.

I deal with these types of NDAs at my job all the time. Not at all uncommon. But yes, very very very different.

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh
Does Johnny Ace joining Vince to compel arbitration even mean anything beyond “making Janel Grant’s life miserable?” My feeble understanding is arbitration can’t happen anyway because the NDA isn’t even enforceable.

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

rotinaj posted:

Yo, you know who sucks?

Kathy Laurinaitis. By this timeline, Johnny ace was super duper cheating on her to be a gross part of assaulting Janel, the dude admitted all kinds of poo poo before this recent about-face, and she is just quietly on his side, posting pictures of him and the fam on insta.

Just stickin’ by her absolute trash fire of a man.

While I do not doubt she might be a fame/money chasing sociopath, I am very very uncomfortable with binding a woman to the crimes of a guy.

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

C. Everett Koop posted:

Given Gable Steveson and Drew Gulak were released in the past few days, along with that COO getting got, there definitely feels like some house-cleaning being done on the WWE side of getting rid of anyone with any stench on them.

I also think it's worth noting that while Laurinatis signed onto Vince's arbitration statement, radio silence from the WWE side. IANAL and most likely none of us are, but I do think that shows that the two sides are not working together and WWE's going to be looking to settle their way out of this ASAP.

Drew Gulak was definitely cut because they don’t want the bad press from Ronda.

Gable Steveson just stunk on ice and they cut bait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh
Dave and Bryan were talking about the texts like it’s so hard to retrieve them once deleted and I’m like I cannot believe how lazy and stupid they are being right now.