Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Business as usual for ole Nia Jax

https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/1751008061362180443

quote:

Haus of Wrestling asked Jax how former WWE employee Janel Grant's allegations against McMahon have affected her mentality heading into Royal Rumble weekend. Jax gave the following response:

Oh, it doesn’t, you know, I’m all business. And, you know, this business is built on hard work and dedication, and that’s what every single wrestler in this room is doing right now, and so we just move forward. And it’s, you know, and we’re gonna put on an amazing show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Ivypls posted:

i think if nia jax said anything other than what she did, she would have been instantly dragged into a legal hell dimension for eternity

The least you can say is “no comment” which sucks but isn’t as bad as

Orange Carlisle posted:

oh, you know, I'm all business - and this business is built on hosed up poo poo like sexual abuse and rape so check out the royal rumble live on peacock

Anyway, I’m not here to drag Nia or whatever it’s just more pathetic poo poo from the company and the people in it.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Holy gently caress, I was honestly not expecting this especially so soon. Rot in hell, pig!

Now get the rest of them out of there.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

My optimistic hope is that his resignation is the first of many changes to come but my realistic side knows it won’t be. It’d just be nice if one horrible old white man was held accountable for the things he’s done for once.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

STONE COLD 64 posted:

its clearly a face saving move by the company and not the beginning of any actual action taking place. If he still has stock and a board seat he can still will himself back in.

He doesn’t have a board seat anymore unless the resignation message is misleading me

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Dango Bango posted:

Also, I forgot to ask - is this worth reading? I started it but stopped when he referred to Grant as Vince's "mistress".

Yeah, that was a real swing and a loving miss from Dave and I also started to tune out there. Not like I haven’t read enough elsewhere already.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Glass Punkbull 141 posted:

I'm not holding my breath. I'll believe it when they're all gone.

Same. I want so badly to be optimistic, but alas.

It would be so refreshing for Khan to gut the entire crew. I don’t know from a capitalistic business man perspective if it makes more sense to do it before the rumble or get through the weekend. The moralistic answer is obvious, of course, but money is going to be their bottom line.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Whenever I’m away from the forum for a couple hours, I come back hoping to see like 200 new posts in this thread because someone else has been axed in relation to this whole thing. Sadly, that’s only happened with Vince so far.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Lamuella posted:

So glad that the One Bad Person in WWE has been identified and has quit. Now there are no problems in the company at all.

This tracks

https://twitter.com/iamjohnpollock/status/1751280156902088848

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Wait. What? Is this a real account? Is she broken clocking right now?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Ronda is a trash bag human but if she can somehow contribute to the downfall of other trash bags, who am I to argue

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Condolences, MRT, and much appreciation for your tireless work in sleuthing and writing thoughtful responses here and on twitter.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Psychepath posted:

Hunter just plainly saying when outright asked that he didn't read the lawsuit is such an egregious lie that it tells me all I really need to know about #1.

Yeah, that’s loving vile. Even if there wasn’t an unnamed person who it seemed like was him, to say you haven’t read the lawsuit at all when you’re in the position he’s in is just insane and irresponsible. Just soulless, pathetic, blissful ignorance.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

MassRafTer posted:

Why would he read what he already knows?

When you’re right you’re right

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

If they don't remove Brock and Vince, redditors will still buy the game but they'll turn away from their PS5 the first time they turn it on, so that the WWE knows how they feel

SandmanJersey.gif

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Pylons posted:

Someone brought up an interesting point. If Triple H wasn't read up on the lawsuit, why did he cancel Brock's creative for the Rumble?

“Who reported Brock was going to be in the rumble? We never announced that. That was just an internet rumor that people ran with. We never announced any plans for Brock in the rumble.”

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Hell of a headline

https://twitter.com/ClassicCatch84/status/1752072996364124261

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Short but interesting thread about who knew what when, and discussion around a previous huge payout in the mid 2000s.

https://twitter.com/TrevorDame/status/1752277419908862276

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Just saw this clip of Vince on Donahue in 1992 pop up on TikTok and I’d never seen this clip or heard of Murray Hodgson before. It’s almost like the problem has always been there!

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZT8nCYCnF/

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Sadly Hodgson was proven to be a liar which was a big blow to a lot of the outrage at the time and the more i look back at it the more mad I'm at him for doing it cause if he didn't lie this stuff could of stuck

Ah bummer! It’s not like there aren’t three hundred other examples of Vince and Company being terrible monsters even if this one turned out to be false. I do enjoy seeing someone rip into him to applause, though.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

This is a really great (horrific) video.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I wouldn’t expect either of them to have good takes at this point, especially Bischoff. I haven’t listened to Bischoff’s thing because I don’t hate myself but Jarrett’s feels very hollow and like the dozens of “thoughts and prayers” tweets from politicians in the US when another school shooting happens every three weeks.

Just no substance and no real condemnation of the real problem or any stance whatsoever.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Her lawyer saying “she is a broken person” really loving killed me. I hope upon hope that this leads to the end of at least THIS type of horrible monsters in the company.

You can’t fix all of the problems, but this is a big one and I want to believe that there’s still some good in the world for Vince, John, Paul, Stephanie, and everyone else who was involved and covered things up to get their comeuppance.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

The rats are going to turn on each other and bite each other to death. I can’t loving wait for them all to burn.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Sigma posted:

Is Johnny trying to save his relationship with the Bellas’ mother?

He’s trying to save his own rear end

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

MassRafTer posted:

At this point you could just have a revolving door doing into the room with Hunter, Heyman, John Cone and others.

John Cone, is that the referee? Name sounds familiar but I didn’t know if the identity of the ref had been sleuthed.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

davidbix posted:

In case it's not becoming clear: Though Marchman is an outlier as...

1. A wrestling geek.
2. With extensive experience in trauma-informed reporting of both sex trafficking and sexual abuse more broadly.
3. A female reporting partner (Anna Merlan) who's also great at #2.

...a bunch of outlets are working on stories right now. It seems like the Janel Grant lawsuit was the tipping point for a lot of outlets taking this seriously and devoting investigative reporting resources to WWE. Whether it's the scope, that it's a trafficking case, and/or that the specific allegations are so disturbing and well-documented, it seems to be getting through to media much more than past scandals.

I love this for them :allears:

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Lid posted:

https://www.wsj.com/business/federal-prosecutors-investigate-vince-mcmahon-sex-trafficking-allegations-460a6822

Federal authorities have been investigating sexual assault and sex trafficking allegations against WWE co-founder Vince McMahon

Anyone have a non-paywalled version?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Warthur posted:

Has he? It's not clear to me from the article that the investigation's actually stopped.

Yeah, that’s confusing to me. It was the thing we heard about months ago but did it conclude? It seems like if they searched his phone as part of that or whatever, they would have found all sorts of miserable poo poo.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Kennel posted:

Some say Bret, which seems like a good guess considering the focus on wrestling skill. Mox was my guess, though.

I don’t know if I’d consider Bret from the “modern era” as the quote is attributed. I assumed that meant the 2000s onward. Some of the tone feels un-Bret like too, but the dig about quality of wrestling is really funny to sneak in there.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

MassRafTer posted:

Finished the podcast. Melina and Mick Foley are briefly interviewed at Wrestlecon but there isn't a lot there. Paul London agrees to be interviewed at the end after previously declining (he and others didn't seem to trust the story would be done right, which is easy to understand.) I've seen other interviews with him where he relates that she told him about what happened and that she'd be invited on the corporate jet which made her very uncomfortable but I believe he's told that elsewhere. What I'd never heard before is he said that Vince would come to her hotel room after shows and she would have to hide silently in her room all night pretending she wasn't there in fear of him.

God I hope he loving rots. What a miserable pile of poo poo disguised as a human being.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

MassRafTer posted:

The company is in deep poo poo if Johnny keeps talking.

https://twitter.com/timmarchman/status/1755315603433247141

God, her story is all so loving sad. Shoved into a situation she could never win with the diva search and probably not being trained at all but expected to wrestle, as a means to be oggled at and demeaned by absolute scum of the earth. Not to say that there's ever been a good time to be a woman in that company, but she was there at some of the absolute worst times.

I hope everyone, including Johnny, burns for what they've done but I hope he reveals all of their secrets as the flames begin to singe them.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

God drat I loving hate him so much. What an absolute wretch.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Not that I’m surprised because almost every wrestler reveals themselves to be a piece of poo poo, but gently caress Kevin Nash

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

The best there is etc etc

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Majinfoose posted:

Nothing is gonna convince fed fans to stop watching this poo poo

Why would they at this point? They can just keep saying “Vince is gone, problem solved” until they’re in the grave. Anyone else who gets named and fired is just icing on a cake that they don’t actually care about.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Paul Revere 3000 posted:

Also Austin vs. Dude Love at Over The Edge

This match annoyed me so much as a kid

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Kosmo Gallion posted:

Vince loves the thought of a wife cheating on her husband. He booked that Dustin Rhodes/Val Venis/Terri Runnels crap in 1998. He absolutely wanted to end the Runnels marriage.

This reminded me of the Goldust/Pillman/Marlena story where if Pillman won their match, he essentially won Marlena as a sex slave. Which really is painted in a completely different light now (the light it was painted in before was already a bad one).

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Who is the unnamed partner he's talking about in the first story? All I can remember as far as tag team partners from his WWE days are Hercules and Jim Powers, but he specifically mentions the guy died from a brain bleed. I was pretty sure Hercules died from a heart attack/heart issue?

I'm never sure of how much to believe from some of the old-timers who come out to talk about this stuff when stories get picked up, especially when their stories are so non-specific. I guess it's just the carny nature of the 70s/80s/into the 90s that I sometimes have a hard time trusting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

civilwhat posted:

If wikipedia is right he had a very short tag team with S.D. Jones who did die of brain bleeding after having a stroke.

Ah, I didn’t know that. One of my favorite LJN figures as a kid. Thanks for the info!