Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

meowmeowmeowmeow posted:

Yeah you can watch via IMSA.tv which has way better commentary and no ad breaks compared to the NBC/Peacock broadcasts.

In my defense I completely forgot about IMSA.tv until the last three hours of Daytona

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

If not finding the IMSA dot tv video feed, at least putting their commentary on is highly recommended. It’s the Radio Le Mans crew, that’s really all that needs to be said.

The RLM crew also said they’re doing both of the two sides of the Nurburgring debacle, so whomever holds races there will at least have decent English commentary :v:

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Theophany posted:

You can probably find streams on race day, but honestly getting a decent IPTV service is inexpensive and reduces the hassle of hooking up laptops/tablets to HDMI cables if you want to watch on TV.

How 2 get one as fat lazy American? Like I can't just pay for some random UK IPTV service with a us billing address can I?

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

RACER is livestreaming the 2024 Whelen Mazda MX-5 Cup season.

Tune in Thursday, March 14 from 1:05PM - 1:50PM ET for Round 3 and Friday, March 15 from 11:15AM - 12:00PM ET for Round 4 at Sebring International Raceway.

Livestream link for Round 4: https://bit.ly/3Swr6iB​

Learn more about the MX-5 Cup series: https://bit.ly/49rZQIJ​

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

ArmedZombie posted:

RACER is livestreaming the 2024 Whelen Mazda MX-5 Cup season.

Tune in Thursday, March 14 from 1:05PM - 1:50PM ET for Round 3 and Friday, March 15 from 11:15AM - 12:00PM ET for Round 4 at Sebring International Raceway.

Livestream link for Round 4: https://bit.ly/3Swr6iB​

Learn more about the MX-5 Cup series: https://bit.ly/49rZQIJ​

This is usually on YouTube for free in America at least.. in working from home second half of the day because mazda races are great

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

harperdc posted:

both of the two sides of the Nurburgring debacle,

What does this mean

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Arcella posted:

What does this mean

Thank you for asking this I couldn't work it out.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Arcella posted:

What does this mean

https://www.dailysportscar.com/2024/01/10/an-unhappy-new-year-at-the-nurburgring.html

quote:

First things first. Plans now exist for two competing Series to run at the Nurburgring this coming season. At present neither have either calendars or regulations.

How and why has this come to pass?

In short (and trust us shorthand for this situation is anything but easy – and with thanks to our German media colleagues for unpicking the mess), a fall-out between the Russian owners of the the Nürburgring (NR Holding) and the organisers of the NLS/ VLN (VLN Sport) over structural reform, and, in essence, a wrangle about who controls what at the iconic circuit) resulted in a court case after NR Holdings moved to strip VLN v.v. ( a body 60% owned by NR Holding, 40 % by VLN Sport) of rights to hold any races in 2024.

Tl;dr the circuit’s owners wanted more control over the racing series that uses it, so came up with their own series. With blackjack. And hookers!

Where have I seen this happen before :thunk:

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Nurburgring Racing League and Championship Auto Nurburgring Teams

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

All I ever want from racing coverage "commentary" is ambient racecar noise and driver / crew radio. If any broadcast does this for any series anywhere please let me know and I will become a fan immediately.

oXDemosthenesXo
May 9, 2005
Grimey Drawer
No driver-team radio but during Lemans there's usually a team or two that does live onboard streams for the whole race. The last couple of years I remember watching porsche and/or Toyota.

You get used to the scream of the engine after awhile, but if you catch it when they have to power down through a local yellow then punch it after clearing it, the violence of the engine is incredible.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I had the peugeot stream open when they slammed into the chicane while running really well and the drama of then waiting for the commentary team to work out what had happened was devastating.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

WTFBEES posted:

All I ever want from racing coverage "commentary" is ambient racecar noise and driver / crew radio. If any broadcast does this for any series anywhere please let me know and I will become a fan immediately.

Honestly I’ll continue to stump for good commentary, who are both invested in the sport while also mentioning the sponsors they have to when they do. Both Radio Le Mans/IMSA Radio and the WEC App commentary crews manage this very well, with the additional bonus of getting into real nerdy chat in the late-night hours if things are just ticking along nicely.

Agreed with the in-board video feeds, some of them also include commentary from RLM for Le Mans for example.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

harperdc posted:

https://www.dailysportscar.com/2024/01/10/an-unhappy-new-year-at-the-nurburgring.html

Tl;dr the circuit’s owners wanted more control over the racing series that uses it, so came up with their own series. With blackjack. And hookers!

Where have I seen this happen before :thunk:

The Germans, letting the Russians take their poo poo since 1942

shadowzero313
Feb 6, 2009
the nw nats need to get here already, hearing the nitro hits in the background of new youtube clips is making me feel again

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

WTFBEES posted:

NASCAR app/streaming service does this

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

harperdc posted:

It sounds like the car in IMSA will go to Action Express, and the rumor is a second WEC car is coming next year. United Autosport might become the team to run them.

Ganassi most likely moving to running GTs for next year, but we’ll see.

Also this weekend is Sebring :toot:

Interesting, because at least in WEC, GT is full and there won't be extra places next year so I wonder who they think they're replacing there.

tater_salad posted:

Yep. Basically imsa.tv is regular broadcast but with the imsa radio announcers. They have some guests and stuff but it's not some NASCAR driver spending a bunch of the race talking about their NASCAR career.

Yeah their guests are more like the president of IMSA or someone like Scott Pruett.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Dudley posted:

Interesting, because at least in WEC, GT is full and there won't be extra places next year so I wonder who they think they're replacing there.

the rumors were more "GT in IMSA" in fairness.

and I think re: a second Cadillac Hypercar for WEC next year, it sounds like the grid can get bigger - and another factory car would be a reason to expand it. Might get to 40 at this rate :toot:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

the best live track commentary is is a pair of standups rehearsing material for a gig later that night. Or the times on NHRA.tv where the drags run after midnight and you can hear me shouting from the stands "JUST FUCKIN GO" because I gotta get up at 5am and do it all over again. Seriously, after 10pm staging battles should be banned unless there's a fuckin crowd. cut that poo poo out.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

Kvlt! posted:

NASCAR app/streaming service does this

Wait, is there a F1TV equivalent for NASCAR? the thing that turns me off from watching is the ads breaking up all the momentum. Any more details on this?

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Nybble posted:

Wait, is there a F1TV equivalent for NASCAR? the thing that turns me off from watching is the ads breaking up all the momentum. Any more details on this?

NASCAR Mobile is what its called on my phone, but it works on my computer too then I just hook it up to my TV. Live onboards and radio and usually they have a few different angles that just shows the entire track/all the cars.

You do have to pay for it though but i believe its about the same as F1TV?

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

WTFBEES posted:

Eurosport on long WEC races has a dedicated no commentary feed to watch. Also +1 for RLM since the french commentary blasted from the loudspeakers on Sarthre was kinda insufferable.

SlowBloke fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Mar 16, 2024

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

harperdc posted:

the rumors were more "GT in IMSA" in fairness.

and I think re: a second Cadillac Hypercar for WEC next year, it sounds like the grid can get bigger - and another factory car would be a reason to expand it. Might get to 40 at this rate :toot:

Yeah they've said there's room for 3 and hypercars will get first go. We're expecting a 2nd Lambo I believe, beyond that it's probably open. I'm sure Porsche will run off a couple of 963s if people want them but it'd be better to have a pair of Caddys and assuming they continue their "Already better than Vanwall" trend, a 2nd Isotta is apparently a possibility.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Sepang is a pretty good lead-up to Sebring:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBbELnRAYsg

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

mx 5 cup races were great fun as usual

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
Sebring is on, remember that if you are not in the us you can watch it for free at imsa.tv

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Also start of brcc racing season which is a great time for watching different cars while having coffee.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

So far at Sebring we've already had a Ferrari spin across 30 GT3 cars and somehow not take out any of then, a McLaren get stuck behind an SUV and the blue lives matter team continuing their program of being really loving awful at race in more ways than you assumed from the first half of that clause.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Been enjoying the second bit of the 24h Sebriang endurance race.

Also, we need an emergency class in the tracking!!

SlowBloke posted:

Sebring is on, remember that if you are not in the us you can watch it for free at imsa.tv
Except if you’re Danish, as far as I can tell.

Viasat owns the rights, but my TV+internet deal apparently includes a package that has sports broadcasts, including Sebring, with commentary by RSL.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

:rip: dragon

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

loving HELL!

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

For those not watching, the leader 2 minutes ago.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below
Announcers were literally praising the recovery crews minutes earlier.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Sebring might have questions to answer about the proximity of the crowd there too.

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below
Praise be to the tire barriers.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

I had a flashback to Allan Simonsen, so was so loving relieved when I saw Derani walking after almost climbing out on his own.

Bloopsy posted:

Announcers were literally praising the recovery crews minutes earlier.
They deserve the credit, they did a good job.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Dudley posted:

For those not watching, the leader 2 minutes ago.

this is what happens when you have too many bumps :argh:

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
*gunshot sounds*

Another Ferrari Murder

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

acura using ferrari 2019 cheats

edit: oof

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Customer Drags, for when you're not quite denstisty enough for WEC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXYPEUwUleA&t=355s