Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Fungah!)

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

im about to go to vietnam and will definitely not watch a single movie put on the list if its even possible due to the weird geolocks in that country so count me in lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i regret watching housu

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

can i please choose first? i promise my pick will cause a lot of discussion

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

elf help book posted:

after my pick last year i started making a list of possible picks, but on getting drawn last week and looking them up they all had poo poo streaming options.

worst of all was Sleuth, an absolute classic, both lead actors nominated for Best Actor for the movie. and i see this, not even for rent anywhere, no newer home release than a dvd

I looked it up and apparently the film is now owned by Bristol Myers Squibb, the pharmaceutical company lol

my next pick is also on archive.org

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

had fun watching wheels on meals with a friend after a few drinks. some of those hits look like they hurt like hell

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

italians need to love like chinese need to work

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Get fuckin ready

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for people to react to my pick

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Fungah! posted:

i was gonna say its incredible you found another movie about an australian imbecile but

Its all of them

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

that description is so understated for what this movie is its insane

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

look up the trivia for it, the first half hour was originally going to be matted, but Rolf De Heer described it as unwatchable so he took it out

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

its probably one of the best films of all time and i expect someone to get filtered

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

a danny elfman musical is confronting in a completely different way

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i just watched bad boy bubby in the ideal conditions set by christopher nolan himself, on my phone in the back of a minivan with unstable internet while crossing the thai-cambodian border.

i havent seen it in a few years and its somehow even better. i first saw this movie through an ex who was the daughter of a bike club president and they would always quote this movie like it was a meme. she ranked white chicks as a top 5 film of all time, so i was expecting absolute trash and then got my mind loving blown. more people watch it now so i can discuss it :mad:

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

symbolic posted:

alright bro gently caress it it's 12:30 in the morning and i've been drinking/sleeping since 4:30 so i'm in ideal conditions too, will report back

lmfao, hell yeah

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i forgot to mention my ex absolutely wanted to have sex during this movie, please keep that in mind for any further watches/rewatches lmfao

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

lmfao

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

watch bad boy bubby and forbidden zone in one sitting so i have a reason to read the dream thread again

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

scorsese film with its only academy award being for best costume design, im loving out

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

it also won a bodil award for best american film. amazing!

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

rodbeard posted:

Somehow not the worst movie with a three word title involving boy about a mentally ill guy in an incestuous relationship wandering aimlessly through the streets for 2 hours that I've seen in the past year. The beginning was definitely hard to watch but interesting. I don't understand the decision to make the remaining 90 minutes of the film's runtime a fish out of water comedy. I feel like this should have been 2 different movies. Still a decent movie. 3/5

The final 90 minutes, don't work without the first 30. if you don't have any of the context bubby is the bad guy and unsympathetic, he kills 4 people

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Leadthumb posted:

and a cat. :(

he just wanted to see how they not breathe

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

honestly a very key part of the movie there. shows his curiosity and that he isnt stupid, just ignorant. i do have a dark lol at his mother telling pop that she was waiting for him to come to name him

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Fucker posted:

And The Award For Most Depraved, Disturbing, Freakish, Revolting And Vile Movie Ever Picked For BBV Movie Club Goes To...

Bad Boy Bubby!!!

Sorry, Forbidden Zone, Freddie Got Fingered And Tommy. Better Luck Next Time!

neat trick of having it be as deranged as possible from the start and a lot of the time in general so that when it isnt, you feel like its giving you a break and letting you enjoy the more wholesome and not so bad aspects of life, like a bunch of stoners making fun of a mentally ill man, a 2 minute long nihilistic speech ab how god should be erased from existence and a guy loving a blowdoll for a concert performance. abusive relationship rear end movie. but it lets you off with a happy ending, at least
ashamed to admit that i laughed out loud a bunch of times. needed those laughs after i tried sitting through freddie got fingered
the best aspect of this movie is how... uuuuuuuh epic? it feels. it kept me guessing the whole way through and there were at least 4 times when i was like "lol alright, well done, bravo, what an ending to this" and then IT KEPT GOING. by the actual end it really felt like an insane journey. this felt like a 10 episode tv series but i mean that in a good way
i cant lie. this movie is brilliant
howemstever, im never recommending irl it to anyone ever because you need a certain level of mental illness to enjoy it and im not gonna publicize the fact i have it
4/5

i expected you to tap out 20 mins into this one after freddy got fingered lol, glad you enjoyed it :)

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

ive seen riki-oh an almost uncountable numbe rof times lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

elf help book posted:

im looking forward to this now

lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

herculon posted:

Bad Boy Bubby is an interesting film, I'll give it that. I found it odd how accepting most people were with Bubby, especially the lady in the pastry shop that just gives him a ride after he's basically mocking her. Speaking of, I did enjoy how Bubby mimics the mannerisms of everyone he meets for most of the film. Overall, I can only assume this story is perfectly normal for Adelaide and guys like Bubby are a 9. I give this film a medium recommend.

they shot the entire movie in sequence so that nicholas hope could then accurately mimic then other actors' mannerisms in later scenes

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i would 100% go to every poppy and the clingwrap killers gig lol. reminds me of reverend beatman, who i once took a girl from an extremely rich family to a dive bar to go see for a date, she stopped talking to me soon after

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

STING 64 posted:

that reminds me of when my buddy invited his girlfriend to go to a wrestling show with us and she wound up having the necro butcher (this guy ) thrown over the guardrail onto her covered in blood and she never asked to go to wrestling with us ever again

lmfao

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

quietly slipping the necrobutcher $50 at the start of the event, boys night will not be ruined

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

thank you to the 32 directors of photography and the company that made the binaural sound set up

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

good lol when the pizzas are paid for from the collection tin

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Bubby has spent thirty years trapped in the same small room, tricked by his mother.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Leadthumb posted:

She's such a trickster lol

just a jape

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

I got the tude now posted:

this is the best of the dead movies

i said this exact phrase last week

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

copy posted:

excellent complicated pick, ttjo

:tipshat:

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

im glad people either enjoyed this film, or were absolutely horrified but unable to deny it. i knew picking a film about child abuse isnt going to be popular with everyone

please watch charlie's country after this sometime. its another of rolf de heers films, but its a poignant tale of a man trying to find his place in society and wont make you want to spew like this one

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

hosed up youll watch dotd before youre allowed but wont watch bad boy bubby even though its better than every movie on the 1001 movies list

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Fungah! posted:

list of everyone remaining:

Nostradingus
Herculon
Arrhythmia
Bicyclops
Pragmatica
taste
Fucker
Plutonis