Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Fungah!)

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Is it too late to sign up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Fungah! posted:

nope, welcome abord

sweet :cheers:

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Hell or High Water: 3/5

Good film. Not particularly subtle as others have noted but done well, and though I’ve never been to rural Texas is full of characters I’ve spent a lot of my life around. I’m a sucker for scenes like the end where the opposing sides, or should I say the survivors, confront each other with quiet malice and it did not disappoint.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Not sure I’ve seen Conan all the way through in one sitting, so hell yeah.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Fungah! posted:

oh dude. buckle up

In fact now that I think about it mosf of it was probably the edited version that would make its way on TNT at like 2 pm in the afternoon or something. So yeah, I’m ready :letsgo:

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Nostradingus posted:

Wow, I didn't know that movie was that long. 😂 😂

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Conan The Barbarian: 3/5

Fun film! James Earl Jones really carries this, as well as the variety of great shots and locales it contains. I was surprised at how much I remembered despite catching only small pieces of it dozens of times throughout my childhood/teens, which probably colors my outlook on it positively. I’m a fan of some of the special fx they use for spirits lol, it’s weird and at times hard to discern and it owns. very of its movie in a positive way.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Wheels on Meals: 4/5

Very solid action comedy! great stunts, many funny gags, and good fight choreography. The final fight in particular kicks a ton of rear end. Also I think the sagrada familia is awesome so seeing it appear in this film was cool.

I’ve actually not seen a ton of movies in this vein (though I have seen police story) and it’s probably something I should fix given how much I’ve enjoyed what I’ve seen.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

M - 4/5

Was excited to finally watch this movie as it’s been on my radar for something Iike a decade and it did not disappoint.

Lots of things stuck with me - the sad, empty shots of the stairway, the killer’s bug eyed freakishness, police/criminal mtg counterpose, the capture - but most of all this movie is chock full of various flavors of blowhard all thinking they’re doing the right thing with various levels of sincerity. And they are, the guy’s a monster who needs to be stopped, but everyone except the families (the “mothers” the movie focuses on at the end) and the victims has got some skin in the game, whether it’s the the state as seen through the police and politicians, the mob propelled by fear and hatred, or criminals trying on some level to get the police to gently caress off.

The third quarter drags a bit but in all other sections it’s a compelling movie.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

lol cool

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Big Trouble in Little China: 4/5

Still a really fun and funny movie that’s cheesy in all the right ways. Jack is a great character.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Sweet

This is where I admit I haven't seen DotD - time to fix taht

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Bad Boy Bubby: 3/5

An absurd, darkly funny, often tough to watch, but eventually affecting movie. There was a lot of room to gently caress up what they were attempting but it works, and in particular I thought what the band ends up becoming was a great marker for Bubby’s journey. In conclusion,

trying to jack off posted:

i forgot to mention my ex absolutely wanted to have sex during this movie, please keep that in mind for any further watches/rewatches lmfao

Lmfao.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

I wish all the cats in Australia the best of luck

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Riki-Oh: The Story of Ricky — 4/5

An incredibly silly, gratuitously violent, cheesy fx action movie that’s a blast. Full of little stupid over the top things that aren’t jokes but still crack me up even now 2 decades later after first viewing. This was my first time with subtitles and it’s a pretty different feel, while good it wasn’t as fun (probably a matter of nostalgia). Not at all subtle or complicated but with this movie I don’t care.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Day of the Dead: 4/5

have a migraine coming on so hopefully ill edit in real thoughts later but drat this is a great movie

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

- i watched this subtitled on a legit free website but it was free because there were unskippable ads. the best time this kicked in was that the very second the first gang of four guy got his eye popped out, an advert for kfc started where a chicken burger rotated while down with the sickness played

lol

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Sub-Actuality posted:

lol newly divorced dad FB post

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Fungah! posted:

we dont need no giant robots, we dont need no bishy twinks
no ojousamas in the classroom, hey, teacher, senpai noticed me

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Sub-Actuality posted:

Dirty Duck

When I was about 15 years old, I accidentally slammed my fingers in a car door in my parents' garage. My mom had already walked into the house before I even left the car, so nobody saw it happen. My entire hand was trapped in the car door, which was fully closed and locked, and three of my fingers were crushed under the frame. The pain was excruciating. I yelled of course, but because of the soundproofing in the walls, nobody heard me at first. Trying to pull my hand out was pointless and only hurt more, and I had no keys so I couldn't open the door. I started to realize that nobody was going to help me, at least not right away, and that I was probably going to be stuck there for a while. I stood there for what felt like forever, in overwhelming pain the entire time, shouting for help at intervals and probably sounding more and more desperate.

I remember wondering to myself at some point if maybe my nervous system would adapt to the pain after a few minutes, or if my hand might go numb or start to hurt less. But no, the entire time I was stuck, I was in constant agony, and at no point did it let up even a little. In fact as time went on and I got more and more frustrated, the pain intensified. By the time my mom finally heard my shouting and came to help, I felt like I was going to be trapped there forever. When I think back on this I realize that I don't really remember the initial injury or how much it hurt, I just remember how endless the experience felt. The pain was intense, but the exasperation of being confined somewhere with absolutely no way out was the thing that got to me, and that made the brief time I was stuck feel like hours. Dirty Duck (1974) has a runtime of 75 minutes.
0/5 vhs tapes

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Interstella 555: 3/5

Leiji Matsumoto art with Daft Punk works pretty well! I’ve seen many of the individual videos individually many times so I was glad that they did combine to form something that works, as simple as it is.

To be completely honest, the places where I think it falls down are on the songs that I don’t like so much from the album lol. The thing is too tied to the music for me to ignore them which is probably unfair but it is what it is.

Glad to have watched it in one piece finally. Ty symbolic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Sick pick