Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

FizFashizzle posted:

so are we on the same page that taking off someone's hat in front of their coworkers in their place of work is pretty disrespectful and hostile?

We are.

https://x.com/austingayle_/status/1783894633946272255

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Tepper desperately needs someone to tell him no

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

FizFashizzle posted:

so are we on the same page that taking off someone's hat in front of their coworkers in their place of work is pretty disrespectful and hostile?

It's kind of a power move heh

it doesn't look like that was a super contentious interaction though.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

FizFashizzle posted:

Touching anybody without their permission is a great way to catch hands.

Best thing is it's recorded so it would be justified to punch Tepper.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/BrettKollmann/status/1783901922963165196

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
https://x.com/mitchcumstein56/status/1783704474399502643?s=46&t=G8Aq6A5iUmw5R1Z4gfWSjw

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

mcmagic posted:

it doesn't look like that was a super contentious interaction though.
Because the person whose hat was removed by Tepper chose for it to not be. The guy has probably been working at restaurants for a long time and knew it wasnt worth the hassle of confronting a billionaire about touching his hat.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
What are the odds Rice actually plays this year

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Soul Glo posted:

100%. He gets a 6 game suspension reduced to 4 on appeal

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1783847360012935606?s=19

I'm curious to see how this works out for him. If he makes his own deal with Madden or sells his own off-brand NFL jersey.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

100%. He gets a 6 game suspension reduced to 4 on appeal

Well he’s got eight charges and at least one is a felony that carries prison time. He’s currently in Actual Trouble.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Soul Glo posted:

Well he’s got eight charges and at least one is a felony that carries prison time. He’s currently in Actual Trouble.
You're right, but he has a good lawyer and is a millionaire so my guess is that the chances of the felony actually going somewhere is really, really low.

Although I should probably take the fact that he is black and the felony is in Texas more seriously...

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Soul Glo posted:

100% plays because Chiefs are scum and scum are protected by the NFL

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Because the person whose hat was removed by Tepper chose for it to not be. The guy has probably been working at restaurants for a long time and knew it wasnt worth the hassle of confronting a billionaire about touching his hat.

Kudos to him because where I'm from that's an invitation to a fight

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Soul Glo posted:

he was racing a lambo not betting on a game or killing former teammates

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Pron on VHS posted:

he was racing a lambo not betting on a game or killing former teammates

He'll get a 2 or 3 game slap on the wrist is my guess

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

kiimo posted:

The people of San Diego and the people of St. Louis might have Opinions

Just gonna say, I do not put it past Tepper to try to move the team at some point, especially ifwhen things continue to not improve.

I wouldn't bet money on it or anything, but I wouldn't be shocked if it happened

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Maye busting confirmed.

https://x.com/fashion_nfl/status/1783907242368180274

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/status/1783902269299130420?t=VvREFfAwx2UrW3UmXCLbmw&s=19

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://x.com/CarolineHicksTV/status/1783906710303678706

lmao of course it's an eagles fan

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Planning Super Bowl to preceed President's Day is a power move & surprised it hasn't happened.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Android Apocalypse posted:

Planning Super Bowl to preceed President's Day is a power move & surprised it hasn't happened.

Saving the entire USA a day of PTO would be loving cool

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

The follow-up tweet says it'd include a second bye week for teams, so I think this could work.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Tepper is clearly the worst owner from a football perspective. Jerry Jones interferes more but hasn’t hurt the team nearly as much — as much as I love making fun of the Cowboys, they’ve had like two bad seasons in his entire reign. Tepper’s meddling has done almost nothing but harm: the team sucks, and they’re set to suck for the next three years at least.

On a non-football basis, Spanos is easily the worst now that Snyder is gone.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Mega64 posted:

The follow-up tweet says it'd include a second bye week for teams, so I think this could work.

The second bye week was always the primary quid pro quo to tolerate an 18 game schedule, so if we're treating 18 as an inevitability this setup is probably the best outcome all the way around.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
I think that’s mostly a good schedule, but I really worry about dropping down to two preseason games. Week 1 is pretty bad as it is; now you’re looking at another week taken away from training camp. And it’s a lot fewer opportunities for rookies and FAs to show themselves in real competition.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Ok this makes the fact that he didn’t beat Tepper’s rear end over the hat astounding

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Manoueverable posted:

The second bye week was always the primary quid pro quo to tolerate an 18 game schedule, so if we're treating 18 as an inevitability this setup is probably the best outcome all the way around.

2+18 and two bye weeks will be Good For Football.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I hate odd numbers and I like to make record purists cry

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Soul Glo posted:

those are not actual charges it was a wish list from the prosecution but nothing official

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Android Apocalypse posted:

it’s gonna happen in 2027 with the current schedule

when the super bowl is on valentine’s day

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Who’s faster? These guys or Lamar running to poop?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

checking in on Bills fans

https://x.com/lukerussert/status/1783707940253249881?s=46&t=4HCQHNrQSCCyTv5_MzlCTw

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Manoueverable posted:

Make all bye weeks 9 and 10. Create a mini break for everyone.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

do they gotta be so fucken ugly

kiimo posted:

We already had that step last year

nothing happened though

Hey my hometown's beaches and piers got completely destroyed by that storm

What kind of pervert would pick THESE numbers?? Ten, ten is the most perverted number on earth to choose for a jersey

Everyone knows odd numbers are superior. Especially if they end in a 7 or a 9

Docjowles posted:

Ok this makes the fact that he didn’t beat Tepper’s rear end over the hat astounding

peasants aren't allowed to just put their hands on the nobility, you know

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
the best jersey number has and always will be ...... 22

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Trust the process

Draft the speed de

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

rjmccall posted:

I think that’s mostly a good schedule, but I really worry about dropping down to two preseason games. Week 1 is pretty bad as it is; now you’re looking at another week taken away from training camp. And it’s a lot fewer opportunities for rookies and FAs to show themselves in real competition.
Where does it say another week is taken away from training camp? The lead up to the season is the same duration, they would simply play 2 preseason games before the second weekend of September then an 18 game season after. The NFL will not be starting the week of Labor Day because that would infringe on college football season starting and the related hype.

edit: Training camp would be the same length there would be one less official game. Teams would probably continue to do joint practices to simulate game situations against real competition.

Silly Burrito posted:

Make all bye weeks 9 and 10. Create a mini break for everyone.
If there are two byes I'd be cool with like 4, 5, and 6 for the first round of byes then like 12, 13, 14 for the second. NFL still gets their extra prime time games for the revenue but players have a regular cadence for byes.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Apr 26, 2024

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Buy the derp

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

kiimo posted:

The people of San Diego and the people of St. Louis might have Opinions

Living in STL I can tell you the Opinion is "gently caress the loving NFL" or "Go Chiefs" and who would give up the Chiefs lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

The "We also won the Mahomes trade" is some grade-A copeium.