Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I mean technically the Bills didn't lose the Super Bowl to Mahomes so in a way that's a win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Where does it say another week is taken away from training camp? The lead up to the season is the same duration, they would simply play 2 preseason games before the second weekend of September then an 18 game season after. The NFL will not be starting the week of Labor Day because that would infringe on college football season starting and the related hype.

edit: Training camp would be the same length there would be one less official game. Teams would probably continue to do joint practices to simulate game situations against real competition.

If there are two byes I'd be cool with like 4, 5, and 6 for the first round of byes then like 12, 13, 14 for the second. NFL still gets their extra prime time games for the revenue but players have a regular cadence for byes.

Yeah it would be nice if they had more consistency around byes. Having your bye in like week 4 vs week 15 seems like a big deal. They also manage to bunch them oddly so one week 2 teams are off and the next 8 are. Which is a huge pain in the rear end for fantasy!!! Not that the league should specifically set their schedule to make fantasy nerds’ lives easier but it would be a nice side benefit.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

https://x.com/ezlazar/status/1783908444614922500
Drake no: number 10
Drake yes: number 69

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

LOL

There are Bills fans losing their poo poo over this trade and all I can think is KC giving up trade capital for yet another in a long line of mediocre WR picks.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I'm also a big fan of the 0 jerseys. The most powerful number by any metric

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Sunday Morning posted:

LOL

There are Bills fans losing their poo poo over this trade and all I can think is KC giving up trade capital for yet another in a long line of mediocre WR picks.

Right, there's poo poo like this take…

https://twitter.com/NateGearySports/status/1783828132866503167

Which sort of ignores KC's total and complete recent inability to draft receivers worth a poo poo.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Right, the Chiefs have taken Rashee Rice, Skyy Moore, Clyde Edwards-Helaire and Mecole Hardman at skill positions in the first two rounds of the last 5 drafts, why are we acting like they're particularly good at this?

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA

Kalli posted:

Right, the Chiefs have taken Rashee Rice, Skyy Moore, Clyde Edwards-Helaire and Mecole Hardman at skill positions in the first two rounds of the last 5 drafts, why are we acting like they're particularly good at this?

I was thinking about the Jon Baldwin for AJ Jenkins trade (lol), but looking it up Baldwin was before Reid's time

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

I can't get over Worthy's size. 165 lbs is...not ideal.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Cash Monet posted:

Tank Dell was whipping rear end last year and he's slightly smaller than Worthy. Until he got hurt for being 165 lbs lol. Although I would hope Andy is smart enough to not have his tiny rookie blocking at the line of scrimmage on a run play which IIRC is what did Tank in.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Docjowles posted:

Tank Dell was whipping rear end last year and he's slightly smaller than Worthy. Until he got hurt for being 165 lbs lol. Although I would hope Andy is smart enough to not have his tiny rookie blocking at the line of scrimmage on a run play which IIRC is what did Tank in.

Tank Dell is three inches shorter than Worthy though. Worthy really is very thin.

That being said I've stopped worrying about that so much. He should put on some weight in the NFL, and I've seen thin players never get injured and thick players get constantly injured so I don't concern myself too much with it anymore.

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Sunday Morning posted:

LOL

Seriously, its bizarre. The only way the Bills could have stopped the Chiefs drafting Worthy would have been to take him themselves, and clearly the Bills did not rank him that high. Drafting him purely out of spite might have been satisfying to some fans, but that's not a good way to run a team.

And the consensus is that there are still 3+ high quality guys left - the Chiefs would have drafted a good WR prospect no matter the Bills did.

Pre-draft, the consensus was that the Bills would likely draft a quality receiver at 28. Instead they are likely drafting a quality receiver at 33 and got a couple extra rounds of value from some of their late picks. The only thing of note is that the Bills don't have a 5th year option for who they get. If they work out, a 5th year option isn't needed to give the guy a contract, or they can tag him (which basically costs the same as the 5th-year for a good WR).

The gnashing of teeth around how dare the Bills even think about trading with the Chiefs is insane.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

are people really on here lumping Rashee Rice in with Skyy Moore and CEH

Rice is extremely promising off the highway

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
This is the year that Skyy Moore figures it out.*

*That he should retire.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Cash Monet posted:

some bbq and meeting bobby stroupe he should be fine

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

Kalli posted:

strange to include Rashee Rice who almost hit 1k yards despite starting his rookie season as WR4, but yes Skyy and Hardman were absurdly terrible WR picks.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
as a lifelong Chiefs fan I find it amusing that both Skyy and Hardman have more postseason heroics than Tony Gonzalez or Jamaal Charles

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Cash Monet posted:

where is crimsonghost to get this guy into his Mass Gaining Program

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/billenright/status/1783977258518008296?s=46

Bad month for Waller.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Cash Monet posted:

He's 5'11 like me. He's 20. Ergo he is sure to balloon to 215 the second he turns 22, much as I did.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

kiimo posted:

He's 5'11 like me. He's 20. Ergo he is sure to balloon to 215 the second he turns 22, much as I did.

Psssh the trick is to be 200 before you hit 5’11, then you grow into it. Then blow past that weight when ya do

5’11 230ish crew!!

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Just for the record, St Louis fans crying that the city they stole their team from got it back is loving rich. The Rams belong in LA and they always did, get over it.

Q_res fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Apr 27, 2024

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i won't be silent

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/cdcarter13/status/1784015285810282713?s=46

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Wooof.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot
I loving hate Tepper and feel sorry for all Carolina fans.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
David Tepper is the best thing that ever happened to Jimmy Haslam.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Eagles fans doing the lords work, trying to save panthers fans from their shitfuck owner. You may have struck us with that trash bag Delhomme, but we turn the other cheek and bring unto salvation.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

he's gonna see this and fire morgan for clearly being popular

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Pron on VHS posted:

strange to include Rashee Rice who almost hit 1k yards despite starting his rookie season as WR4, but yes Skyy and Hardman were absurdly terrible WR picks.
Hardman did ok being like the 4th option until injuries just zapped him. I think having some productive years along with catching the SB winning TD keeps him out of that 'bust' range.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

If I realized I'd have another year of catching passes from Daniel Jones, I'd also choose retirement.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Q_res posted:

Just for the record, St Louis fans crying that the city they stole their team from got it back is loving rich. The Rams belong in LA and they always did, get over it.

The Chargers on the other hand

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

LiquidFriend posted:

Hardman did ok being like the 4th option until injuries just zapped him. I think having some productive years along with catching the SB winning TD keeps him out of that 'bust' range.

I didn't want to defend Rice AND Hardman but Hardman has been perfectly okay as a second rounder it's just taking him over DK Metcalf that stings.

Anyway people saying the Chiefs' history drafting receivers absolutely sucks...and like, it's two. Two guys were misses and that is the most volatile position in the draft. Rice is great, CEH was a miss but also injuries play a part there too and he's a running back so different story.

No defending Skyy Moore though, I don't care how bad George Pickens' attitude is that was the guy you should have taken.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

"Okay for a 4th option" is bad for a second round pick. Hardman has never even reached 700 yards in a season.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

At least people with Mac Jones jerseys just need to change the nameplate.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

fsif posted:

"Okay for a 4th option" is bad for a second round pick. Hardman has never even reached 700 yards in a season.

3 rings

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Blaine Gabbert, two time Super Bowl champion, was definitely worth a first round pick.

actually on second thought, I approve of the rings argument. It sustains me as a fan of the best teams.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Ha yeah

but also while Hardman was disappointing and can't track deep balls and probably won't be brought back next year...

he caught the touchdown to win the Super Bowl a few months ago and you can never take that away from him

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

kiimo posted:

Ha yeah

but also while Hardman was disappointing and can't track deep balls and probably won't be brought back next year...

he caught the touchdown to win the Super Bowl a few months ago and you can never take that away from him

I like his story because he's like an Average Joe soldier who does something amazing to earn a Medal of Honor then accomplishes nothing else with his life, but will always have that moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
Getting mediocre production from receivers playing with one of the greatest qbs of all time, in an Andy Reid offense and with no number one WR to siphon off targets is pretty bad. They have 1st ballot HoFers at QB and TE and still had to be hard carried by their defense last year. This all started because of this:

and just because Rice and Hardman weren't total busts, that doesn't make this a reasonable statement. Good WRs playing with Patrick Mahomes will be obviously good and not something you need to argue.