Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cranky corvid
Sep 30, 2021
Titan upkeep comes up as a decision in the right-side bar, letting you pick the tokens to use. It doesn't require an Order. If you don't manually pick the tokens, you lose the titan (including if you don't do your turn before the deadline, or if the game bugs out and skips a turn or otherwise ends the turn early, as has been known to happen).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eschatos
Apr 10, 2013

pictured: Big Cum's Most Monstrous Ambassador
Titans are reasonable as they are. They're powerful but a few good relics, praetors or stratagems can let anything else compete. And infernal juggernaut alone will usually let a weak legion beat em.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Whoreson Welles posted:

Does Titan upkeep just get taken out automatically or does it require an Order?

I’m about to (hopefully) buy a titan next turn in my first game with friends and I’m trying to decide if I want to just screw with everyone or go straight for Pandonium and try to win. This is our first game and we’ve all been kind of learning the ropes, I don’t want to immediately piss everyone off by trying to end it early.

It doesn't require an order but you manually click it. You should almost certainly buy the titan - go for Pan, it'll give them all something to do!

e: Goon game that's on turn 40-ish is a real nailbiter, the Beast just died.

distortion park fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Apr 17, 2024

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Eschatos posted:

Titans are reasonable as they are. They're powerful but a few good relics, praetors or stratagems can let anything else compete. And infernal juggernaut alone will usually let a weak legion beat em.

My experience is that in the vortex of destruction magic, thievery, and tactical gimmickry being thrown every which way.... the titans tend to be the ones that end up still standing. The high resistances, huge hp pools and built-in strong traits that you can't bullshit out of existence just make them a lot more reliable.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

distortion park posted:

It doesn't require an order but you manually click it. You should almost certainly buy the titan - go for Pan, it'll give them all something to do!

e: Goon game that's on turn 40-ish is a real nailbiter, the Beast just died.

I ended up buying it and got really close to start taking Pan, but one of my friends had a small legion next to my titan that had the artifact which kills whatever unit defeats it. I was in a real pickle.

I had first order over him, and my zappy destruction skill did 5-7 damage and his unit had 6 health. I didn’t want to risk it so I moved my titan first, he moves to the spot my titan was anticipating me still being there, then I zap him for 6 damage! Success!

Wait! No, poo poo! By letting him move, he took the one canton I had connected to Pan essentially blocking me off! poo poo! Now he’s shutting me out by refusing any vendettas and always paying me.

Hard but fun lesson to learn, now I know for next time.

Eschatos
Apr 10, 2013

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

My experience is that in the vortex of destruction magic, thievery, and tactical gimmickry being thrown every which way.... the titans tend to be the ones that end up still standing. The high resistances, huge hp pools and built-in strong traits that you can't bullshit out of existence just make them a lot more reliable.

True. They're certainly powerful and I don't dispute that. But they are absolutely beatable and imo very low on the list of balance issues. Also please devs add an autopay upkeep toggle.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

lmao what a turn

belial kills everything and then belial's stronghold gets ganked on the last turn before pan victory thanks to some legion dashing across half of hell with the orb of oblivion to knock out a titan

pedro0930
Oct 15, 2012

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

lmao what a turn

belial kills everything and then belial's stronghold gets ganked on the last turn before pan victory thanks to some legion dashing across half of hell with the orb of oblivion to knock out a titan

A stolen Orb of Oblivion no less. This thing is way less reliable than I thought when it can be so easily yoink'd by even mediocre deceit.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Whoreson Welles posted:

I ended up buying it and got really close to start taking Pan, but one of my friends had a small legion next to my titan that had the artifact which kills whatever unit defeats it. I was in a real pickle.

I had first order over him, and my zappy destruction skill did 5-7 damage and his unit had 6 health. I didn’t want to risk it so I moved my titan first, he moves to the spot my titan was anticipating me still being there, then I zap him for 6 damage! Success!

Wait! No, poo poo! By letting him move, he took the one canton I had connected to Pan essentially blocking me off! poo poo! Now he’s shutting me out by refusing any vendettas and always paying me.

Hard but fun lesson to learn, now I know for next time.

FYI if an opponent concedes to 3 demands in a row you can then declare a vendetta anyways (because what kind of weakling just gives in like that?).

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

lmao what a turn

A real team effort.

I would've been able to deal with it but my ritual table was all jammed up with other stuff and you can't cast something new the same turn as removing a continuous ritual :( Well played everyone was a fun one!

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

distortion park posted:

A real team effort.

I would've been able to deal with it but my ritual table was all jammed up with other stuff and you can't cast something new the same turn as removing a continuous ritual :( Well played everyone was a fun one!

I literally just learned that yesterday too! It’s the end of our first game so I’m just screwing around, started casting the continuous Devourer ritual not knowing what it did. Turns out it gives you the actual ritual to summon the Devourer. Well I only had one slot and wanted to cast something else, so I dragged the first Devourer ritual out of the slot.

It created an order, and I went “Huh that’s weird it just says ‘return to Vault’”, so I deleted the order. However, the Devourer ritual stayed OUT of the slot. I went to cast something else and the game said “Yeah sure no problem.”

Next turn I get a notice that my ritual failed. Went to check the slot and oh… the game put the Devourer ritual back in the slot.

Again, glad we were doing this as a practice game because that would have been a rough lesson to learn at a crucial moment.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Fuckin laughin at this Devourer nonsense. It had Infernal Juggernaut but gets stolen via deceit ritual.....so now its just sitting there with the Infernal Juggernaut expired effect on it, unable to do jack poo poo. At least it still has Demon Envy?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
That thing was going to wreck pandemonium. I feel bad for Ezrebet having it yoinked first try.

pedro0930
Oct 15, 2012
I feel deceit stacking is maybe too strong (though everything is strong at level 6). My first game was also totally upended by deceit stacking stealing absolutely everything. From my understanding hell rank and expose treason doesn't even protect against like half of deceit spells?

pedro0930 fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Apr 23, 2024

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Deceit and destruction feel very powerful at the moment. Destruction particularly even at low levels can wipe out entire legions in 1-2 schemes for very little cost and when paired with masking mirror you don't even need a vendetta.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

yeah rituals are kind of crazy powerful. the effort: reward is wild.

a strong legion has a pretty big investment, like:

purchase order (legion)
purchase order (praetor)
stratagem order
praetor assignment order
2-3 move orders

and just gets ganked by a convert legion or 1-2 damage rituals for 1/4 the cost. and you dont even need to be in vendetta with masking.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

New goon game!

Medium map, six players, 2 day turns, 890514

pedro0930
Oct 15, 2012
Welp, looks like Obominable.Reproachful.Abominations is now stuck. Hopefully it sorts itself out...

Eschatos
Apr 10, 2013

pedro0930 posted:

I feel deceit stacking is maybe too strong (though everything is strong at level 6). My first game was also totally upended by deceit stacking stealing absolutely everything. From my understanding hell rank and expose treason doesn't even protect against like half of deceit spells?

Expose treason should help against anything. Rank would help against rituals targeting you specifically(not legions/artefacts).

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

mllaneza posted:

New goon game!

Medium map, six players, 2 day turns, 890514

Is this full? I can't find it.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

pedro0930 posted:

Welp, looks like Obominable.Reproachful.Abominations is now stuck. Hopefully it sorts itself out...

Hopefully related. Maybe everyone needs to patch?

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

Yeah, I just get 'lobby does not exist'.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

Looks like we're full. Start a game your own bad self!

Knightsoul
Dec 19, 2008
Join us in Hell!

Medium map, six players, 1 day turns, 442117

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
How does conclace voting work? I read online that once it hits the turn limit and starts the vote, the conclave takes ANOTHER 5 to 10 turns to complete the vote and pick a winner. Is that true?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Correct. Schemes are credited, then the conclave goes through several rounds of voting, with (IIRC) each round taking a random but short # of turns.