Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Totally screwed myself. targeted the wrong stat with an enfeeble ritual *sigh*

not only did i not take the POP but my legion has too little hp to take another swing

EDIT:

gently caress, how do I increase the power level of a power thats currently being boosted by a PoP? Clicking it straight up doesn't work, nor does clicking the next highest power level.

TheDeadlyShoe fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Mar 13, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Eschatos posted:

You're trying to raise destruction to level 4 yeah? There's no distinction between paid levels and boosts from pops or other sources. You'd need to have enough to pay for leveling it to 4. If you don't have 6/15 of the resources, get more tribute.

Ahh poo poo. That makes sense. I was insistent i'd be able to do it and it was confusing me. I think it was the other way in the first game.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

If you go to Rituals and select the specific category it will show your strength and resistance at the bottom.

Note you can't select stats that you have no Rituals for, lol

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Sorry to everyone in the goon game I'm in this weekend - can't do any turns until Monday. Will miss one

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

After playing a decent bit of mp and sp -

I'm glad they fixed the 'charisma meta' from Solium Infernum 1, but ultimately feels like the econ boon meta remains dominant. It's just shaped differently. Its also kind of toxic; in the early game, actually using your characters strong suit sabotages you in the long run. For example the resources spent on Destruction rituals are also the resources you need to get your Destruction rank to 4.

i also think spending turns in an async mp game doing Tribute, Tribute, End Turn is really boring. but ya need that third order slot.

IMO: Order slots should come entirely from infernal rank. If orders come from infernal rank than the game (correctly imo) entirely revolves around prestige. Would probably need adjustments to rank cost. Mix it up with a 'bonus order' slot that can only take orders from powers you've ranked up to 4. I.E. if you have wrath 4 it can do legion moves and stratagems; if you also have destruction 4 it can also do rituals.

TheDeadlyShoe fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Mar 21, 2024

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Fixed now

quote:

Hi! We should be all online and good to go again.

All async timers have been reset (though, in some cases, some async games may have processed a turn if they expired before the servers were pulled). It's also unfortunately unlikely that sessional games would be saved.

We're monitoring from now for any ongoing issues, so let us know if you see anything unusual!

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Eschatos posted:

Yeah with the current state of the game there's no point aiming for a score victory. My opinion is that the optimal way to play is small map, lots of pops, 30-40 turns. I'm not as keen to blame economy as the major issue as other folks but you do need to incentivize combat to get a more interesting game.

In the first game it was a lot harder to afford pimped out Titans to go storm Pandemonium with, its definitely the economy, particularly the order economy.

The issue is that if excommunication wins are the meta, then a lot of things just break. like there's literally no point to Schemes, for example. And the primary benefits from holding PoPs (prestige) is just a component of the economy-pumping strategy to go win Pandemonium, rather than prestige being the primary mechanic of the game.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Found an unfortunate bug with the Meketrix Lash. My legion was level 3 with 1 victory remaining... I equipped the lash, it put me to level 4 but didnt grant me the extra item slot. And i reeeally needed that slot...

I think titans should be slightly stronger than they are now, but neither grant nor receive combat support. Tools of offense and victory. Except maybe the walking castle.

TheDeadlyShoe fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Apr 16, 2024

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Eschatos posted:

Titans are reasonable as they are. They're powerful but a few good relics, praetors or stratagems can let anything else compete. And infernal juggernaut alone will usually let a weak legion beat em.

My experience is that in the vortex of destruction magic, thievery, and tactical gimmickry being thrown every which way.... the titans tend to be the ones that end up still standing. The high resistances, huge hp pools and built-in strong traits that you can't bullshit out of existence just make them a lot more reliable.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

lmao what a turn

belial kills everything and then belial's stronghold gets ganked on the last turn before pan victory thanks to some legion dashing across half of hell with the orb of oblivion to knock out a titan

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Fuckin laughin at this Devourer nonsense. It had Infernal Juggernaut but gets stolen via deceit ritual.....so now its just sitting there with the Infernal Juggernaut expired effect on it, unable to do jack poo poo. At least it still has Demon Envy?

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

yeah rituals are kind of crazy powerful. the effort: reward is wild.

a strong legion has a pretty big investment, like:

purchase order (legion)
purchase order (praetor)
stratagem order
praetor assignment order
2-3 move orders

and just gets ganked by a convert legion or 1-2 damage rituals for 1/4 the cost. and you dont even need to be in vendetta with masking.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

pedro0930 posted:

Welp, looks like Obominable.Reproachful.Abominations is now stuck. Hopefully it sorts itself out...

Hopefully related. Maybe everyone needs to patch?

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

Is this full? I can't find it.

Yeah, I just get 'lobby does not exist'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Correct. Schemes are credited, then the conclave goes through several rounds of voting, with (IIRC) each round taking a random but short # of turns.