Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier, crispix)

Misty Fog
Aug 18, 2020
I think my favourite thing about yesterdays election was that because LBC couldn't discuss party politics because it was polling day, they talked about how the actor Martin Freeman (of Hobbit and Sherlock fame) is no longer vegetarian for two hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grobbo
May 29, 2014

keep punching joe posted:

Guy on the left was great in Spaced.

Michael Smiley is actually looking fantastic in his 60s, he's properly Charles Dancing

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

here's how bernie can still win

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Not quite the red wave I was expecting, but I guess the results are still young. Sir Haircut has already declared this a sweeping victory so ho-hum.

Coketastic Mr Fox's upskirt tweet is on the graun's front page though, alongside pointing out he's currently £180,000 in the hole from last week's ruling. So that's funny.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
A 2nd Boeing whistleblower has died.

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
https://twitter.com/StockportMBC/status/1786219698415136860

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
If I worked for Boeing and knew about extensive safety issues I would simply keep my mouth shut (and take the train).

grobbo
May 29, 2014
Nice Metro op-ed from one of Fox's litigants earlier this week, incidentally: https://metro.co.uk/2024/04/30/laurence-fox-owes-90-000-this-im-going-spend-money-20745995/

quote:

Even though I know that peddling outrage clearly pays in some cases, I hope our victory shows that the cost-benefit ratio is changing.

Because despite Laurence Fox trending for at least two days, a screenshot posted over the weekend showed his monetised Twitter earnings amounted to just a couple of hundred quid a month.

At that rate, it will take over 30 years to cover his £180k damages order, and just a couple centuries more for the estimated seven-figure legal costs.

Speaking of money, I know you’re wondering what I’m going to do with the £90k. There were three original claimants in our case against Laurence Fox – myself, Simon Blake and Nicola Thorp – so we will be spitting the total £180k damages three ways despite only two of us being awarded them.

I will give the bulk of my sum to charity, focusing on issues I know are close to Laurence’s heart – trans rights, racial equity, refugee advocacy and Palestinian solidarity to name a few.

And I will save a bit for myself – I fancy a bidet with a fox head spout – so that Laurence’s money can wash my vindicated rear end.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

keep punching joe posted:

If I worked for Boeing and knew about extensive safety issues I would simply keep my mouth shut (and take the train).

Well if it was as simple as just the thing staying shut once you shut it Boeing wouldn't be having all these problems.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I have 3 flights on Boeing planes this month and I’m very excited about the prospect of my impending fiery death.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

grobbo posted:

Nice Metro op-ed from one of Fox's litigants earlier this week, incidentally: https://metro.co.uk/2024/04/30/laurence-fox-owes-90-000-this-im-going-spend-money-20745995/

Have to thank Lozza for making me aware of Crystal who seems awesome.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

History Comes Inside! posted:

I have 3 flights on Boeing planes this month and I’m very excited about the prospect of my impending fiery death.

:rip:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

History Comes Inside! posted:

So long as it's not the 737 MAX you'll probably be alright. Hmmmm, is your flight on Ryanair? Hope you have taken out life insurance!

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

serious gaylord posted:

Nothing to see here, it's completely normal to suddenly fall sick and die at the age of 45.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Look on the bright side though. Your chances of survival are higher than if you were a Boeing whistleblower at least.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

serious gaylord posted:

https://twitter.com/buccocapital/status/1786051174853992619

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Getting reports of a spectre haunting the local elections

https://twitter.com/StockportMBC/status/1786219698415136860?t=Ur2B9509B4ToCRuhBAbLtg&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

forkboy84 posted:

So long as it's not the 737 MAX you'll probably be alright. Hmmmm, is your flight on Ryanair? Hope you have taken out life insurance!

787s operated by Etihad who have a pretty spotless record for planes dropping out of the sky, which just means they’re long overdue one and I am rolling those dice.