Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

https://twitter.com/NBCSCeltics/status/1787955659201249382

:toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

Oh man this made me tear up

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Carve Ernie Johnson on a mountaintop

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Have Some Flowers! posted:

to be fair, modern offenses do seem unstoppable during the regular season when no one is trying and everything is a whistle

Free throws are lower than they’ve ever been, I honestly don’t think there is any floor below which people would not complain about “everything [being] a whistle” until there were no calls at all

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

https://x.com/nbapr/status/1787975882721673472?s=46

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Shoutout to the Domantas voter

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
2nd place for a guy who can't lead a team to a good defense absolutely disgusting

Have Some Flowers!
Aug 27, 2004
Hey, I've got Navigate...

DeimosRising posted:

Free throws are lower than they’ve ever been, I honestly don’t think there is any floor below which people would not complain about “everything [being] a whistle” until there were no calls at all
the number of free throws isn't the only measure of intensity because players adjust to the sensitivity of the whistle. if they know they'll get a foul for murder, they know they can commit 5 murders and 20 manslaughters a game

there is a clear difference in how the game was officiated towards the end of the year/playoffs, and it means previous analysis will be understandably wrong

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Metapod posted:

2nd place for a guy who can't lead a team to a good defense absolutely disgusting

lol dumbass

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Metapod posted:

But they were so much worse without him!!!!

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Panzeh posted:

Yeah denver lost a lot when they lost Bruce Brown and Jeff Green, to be quite honest. Peyton watson really isn't the same.
Bruce Brown left being a key cog on a championship team only to end up being salary filler in a trade and he’ll probably be passed around some more before his deal is up

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I want to know who the two guys that didn't vote for Rudy are

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Get this: they gave second place in rookie of the year to a guy who wasn't even a rookie

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Fast Luck posted:

Bruce Brown left being a key cog on a championship team only to end up being salary filler in a trade and he’ll probably be passed around some more before his deal is up

Bruce Brown is like the most "Great if he's in the right role, replacement if he's not" guy in the league. Denver absolutely misses him.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://x.com/shamscharania/status/1787986423410196888?s=46

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Metapod posted:

Don't be jealous just cuz you got Sickly Abraham Lincoln and not Wemby. Between them it ain't even a question anymore. 😏

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Wack

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Big fine and no suspension seems right to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Don't be jealous just cuz you got Sickly Abraham Lincoln and not Wemby. Between them it ain't even a question anymore. 😏

Why would I be jealous for having a better player?