Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

lol again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

Half of Dracula posted:

Cons are a fun place to get excited about a new game that will never actually exist. You can even get a promo shirt

The Game: Penetrating the Secret Society of Con Tail Chasers

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Yea I had some con tail once. Sweet piece of cooze. Anyhow she's a pillow.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I have no con tail stories, but my partner crashed at my place one night while we were attending a convention and just never left. Now we've been together for 14 years.

One time, I was staffing a convention, and there was a heavily intoxicated woman waiting in line to get in that started aggressively hitting on me. I don't remember what I said to her, but she got mad and yelled out, "I guess you don't want to suck on these titties then." I did not.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

PYF Legends: I guess you don't want to suck on these titties

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Huh? What? Right, uh.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Never been to a nerd convention before and now wondering if it was right for me to never attend

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

resident evil 1 looking asses

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i cant believe the sector seven slums were destroyed by Black Wesker

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i would totally use that barret pic as an av but i couldn't bear to part with mayor setter

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
The it

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
someone save me from the sounds of gus

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Automotive Insanity > Aeronautical Insanity: contrail is just not worth it at all

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

lobster shirt posted:

my first date with my wife was pretty normal

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Never been to a nerd convention before and now wondering if it was right for me to never attend

I've been to a few, and in my experience, they're mostly fun if you have friends to go with, because they're a little too chaotic and/or filled with weirdos to make a lot of new social connections on site. Most of my best memories of cons are going out to meals and sightseeing with friends, so basically "vacations but you can go watch some anime in the hotel conference room if you want"

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
I've gone to a few smaller scale cons cuz the one time I went to AX years ago, it was pretty bad for a variety of reasons (LA heat + traffic, the staff could not manage crowds for poo poo and everything takes forever, someone bothered my friend to the point security had to get involved, etc.). Maybe the other major city ones are less poo poo, but I've never been inclined to go to them and it's not like I'd have time to do it these days even if I did feel that way.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
cons are cool just go with friends and make sure you have a place to go/things to do to unwind

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I don't go to cons because I don't like any of the things that happen there

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Soul Dentist posted:

sounds like someone's heard of assfucking

hellotoothpaste
Dec 21, 2006

I dare you to call it a perm again..

hahaha this thread turned into weird con stories or stdh, please continue this

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

The idea of going to a convention never actually appealed to me. But I went to the Seattle Museum of Pop Culture with a friend one time and they had a special showcase exhibit for Laika Studios.

I got to see the Coraline house model they used for filming. It's actually huge. The giant skeleton puppet from Kubo and the Two Strings was over twice as tall as all the people around it, too.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

hellotoothpaste posted:

hahaha this thread turned into weird con stories or stdh, please continue this

it's the natural way of things. the forums are quiet at the moment - SAD is a graveyard, GBS hasn't produced any notable sex criminals recently, and even the politics forums are staying quite self-contained.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i missed going to sakuracon when ryukishi07 was giving a panel there and i am still mad

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

Soul Dentist posted:

this but especially con tail

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

One More Fat Nerd posted:

I have a lot of these stories, due to being stupid.

When I was 20, a 30+ married lady who worked at the Papa Johns with me would sneak up behind me and whisper breathily in my ear, grab my butt, flash me, etc. When she was the closing driver, she would ask me if I wanted to go ride with her on orders in her truck after my shift ended.

My response: "thats against the rules, you can't have two people in the delivery vehicle."

And then I left to go home and play Katamari Damacy.

Na na nanananana nah
It’s wrong to do adultery

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Some cautionary tales about con tail include "Conventioneers" by the Barenaked Ladies, the ghostly whiskey toasting man from The Haunting of Hill House and common sense.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
door in the overlook hotel swings open to reveal coolguye playing chess with a guy in a dog suit

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Oxxidation posted:

door in the overlook hotel swings open to reveal coolguye playing chess with a guy in a dog suit

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I once had 17 top models fight for my attention in a mixed martial arts tournament on a remote tropical island. But I was too busy playing chess and reading GNU manuals to notice.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Huh? What? Right, uh.

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style

rodbeard posted:

I have no con tail stories, but my partner crashed at my place one night while we were attending a convention and just never left. Now we've been together for 14 years.

you have a con tale though, and it's how you found love from a hopeless place (anime convention).

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i would totally use that barret pic as an av but i couldn't bear to part with mayor setter

It would be really funny to get tifa and then banned for calling people retarded imo

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Runa posted:

The idea of going to a convention never actually appealed to me. But I went to the Seattle Museum of Pop Culture with a friend one time and they had a special showcase exhibit for Laika Studios.

I got to see the Coraline house model they used for filming. It's actually huge. The giant skeleton puppet from Kubo and the Two Strings was over twice as tall as all the people around it, too.

sick

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

When I was 14 I went to anime Boston with some friends, the year it infamously got called linecon because the lines were so long. A couple guys in their twenties who were kinda near the front let us cut in behind them and then lied to the attendants when the people behind us complained about it, so we got to skip it.

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
It's the eerie calm before May

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

TheSwizzler posted:

It's the eerie calm before May

Auspicious April

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010