Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

RIP king

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Nuns with Guns posted:

I really can’t think of any curvy women?

ribrianne erasure

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I'm glad I never got hyped for starfield. I still bought it on release and had a bunch of fun with it, put like 120 hours in, did a loop or two, and now I just don't think about it. Maybe if they announce some expansions I'll jump back in, but I'm happy waiting for ES6 and playing the 7 billion other good games coming out in the meantime.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Endorph posted:

speaking of accidental transphobia in gamedev lol at dead by daylight trying to be inclusive by hiring a trans VA and then giving the character she voiced this skin

would you believe this has not gone well

lmfao I mean I get it, the character's whole thing is Modern Creepy Internet Story "It looks different to everyone" psychological monster but without that context, woof that's a bad idea

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

yeah lol, in my defense I didn't preorder or anything, it was just the game everyone was talking about at the time and I don't regret my purchase. I think there's enough there for a good game if they had more interest in fleshing things out, there's a lot of fun ideas they only went like 30% on. Mile wide, inch deep. But if they wanted to, they would have. The game was in development for like what 9 years? much deeper games get made in a third of that time

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Endorph posted:

they also made the costume mix-and-match inexplicably so you can use male head with the cheerleader body and uhhhhhh lol

their heart is in the right place, but sadly you don't create with your heart you create with your brain and that dev teams brain turned to mush a long a time ago

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Martman posted:

Yeah but it's on gamepass!!!

the best deal in gaming

I had a billing error for like a year and they never took away my "first month for a dollar!" deal, but they fixed it last month lol

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

starfield is just really bad theres nothing fun about it even the other mid bethseda games let you explore and find cool poo poo but you cant do that in starfield because they made a hundred planets that are all proc gen and look the same

yeah it's like a quarter of a cool game stretched out way too thin. You could probably make a decent game out of any individual part if you took development time away from everything else, but they just tried to do too much. Just about the only thing I look back on fondly after uninstalling was a lot of the armor design was cool and fighting people in low-grav with all of the jetpack perks was pretty fun

also how are the mod tools not out yet???

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

spore rocks, now there's a game I'd like to see get remade as its original vision. I think we could do it these days

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

It's not even "the algorithm shows you more videos like the ones you're watching" either, that poo poo is busted or not tuned right or not specific enough or something because I get those videos too and I watch 0 content based on overwatch or apex or whatever. Youtubes just like "oh runescape is a video game? diablo 4 is a video game too, here's a 45 minute video of someone complaining about it"

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I get a mix of big channels I've never heard of and will hopefully never hear of again and like 17-view videos of some guy mumbling over RPG-maker longplays (which I watch because those are cool lol)

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

there was a post on one of the socials a while back about how google just straight up changes your searches after you type them in and hit search, in order to feed you more adds or direct your traffic, and I don't doubt at all that they've got youtube set up the same way

for a while one of the main kinds of videos I kept getting on my feed were just dozens of different "spoiler/explained" channels posting videos with titles that directly spoiled the endings of whatever current TV shows or movies were and the images were screenshots of main character deaths or other big spoilers, and I could not get them to go away. Relentlessly owned by my own feed

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

frustratingly, it's mostly not even really those channel's fault. Like to a point yeah, you don't have to be a big entitled wiener, there are plenty of dudes are who are cool about stuff and do alright, but youtube's been steadily weeding out any way to make money and a living off of the platform other than being the loudest idiot in the room, so all you have left are either those people or creators who are pretending to be those people to keep their channels up until they eventually go insane and become those people for real (or the rapidly-dwindling old-heads that got "grandfathered in" because they've been around for 12 years and youtube hasn't figured out how to kill them yet)

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

imo the pride flag thing is less of an issue because the system of hanging charms from the hooks was in long before pride flag charms were in, and there's not really any other place to put them that other players have a decent chance of seeing any given game (on the gens maybe?)

the Unkown problem that recently sprang up, they really don't have an excuse. It's just more evidence that they develop this game with their heads buried in the sand, where their spreadsheets also are

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

what's funny is they've backed themselves into a bit of a corner there because what's the alternative? you can't display your pride flag in the same place everyone puts their cute animals or ranked emblems? no one can display anything on the one object everyone's guaranteed to look at each game? I don't really blame them for not looking that far ahead, but I'm still gonna lol at them

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

there's a decent chance they didn't even know what exactly what she was voicing at the time either. the monster just kind of came out of nowhere and the theming is a little weird to begin with. not excusing them or anything because if that were the case they still shouldn't have gone with the skin-stealer theme, but it would at least partially explain their bone-headedness

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

morrowind had the best combat of the elder scrolls games, unironically. anyone's who's played a real RPG knows that missing because of a behind-the-scenes dice roll is infinitely better than The Bare Minimum Action Combat. It legitimatized your build and functioned as a better representation of your character's actual skills than being able to M1 faster than the other guy

also morrowind had silt striders, and why would I walk when I could ride?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Leal posted:

People struggled with Morrowind's combat because they had 0 stamina when fighting

and they were trying to use the knife from the table instead of an axe you told the game you were going to use

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

yeah for some reason it's taking them forever to release the actual tools, so all of the modding so far has been really simple swaps or really basic code modification. It's honestly pretty strange

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

go west

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

don't let salmo get his bread, or he might be rich, but we'll all be dead...

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

his statement still stands though, vivi ftw indeed

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

his heart was in the right place, even if his brain was in the mod forum

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

do you verify every image on the internet to make sure you've played the game its from before looking at it

Babe Magnet has a new favorite as of 00:15 on Mar 16, 2024

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

yeah

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

very risky blowjob posted:

digimon called, and they're running out of you

tell them I said hey

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWnFUPhtwEA

RIP in peace Floe, you made LTG mad as hell

Babe Magnet has a new favorite as of 06:47 on Mar 18, 2024

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

very little in street fighter makes me happier to see than someone getting SPD'd over and over

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

dragons dogma 2 in 6 hours

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2x1nxL8xlg

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

3D Baby Wieners

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

is that the streamer that played 700,000 games, on stream, twice???

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Frank Frank posted:

RIP Link’s pudgy mustachioed uncle who got killed by rats(?) despite the fact that he had a goddamned sword. Dude made it like 10 feet into the easiest dungeon in the game

yeah because he cleared it for you, show some respect

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

video essay

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Orbs posted:

For real. Especially in a thread full of people shitposting about video games, one of the most commonly viewed as childish activities on the planet. Give other things a chance, gamers. Life is more than just Dragon's Dogma and Yakuza, as good as those games are.

Tiny Myers posted:

unironically yeah tbh

Like I've never watched one that long, I just throw on some 10 minute video explaining a concept I never heard of before or talking about a silly crypto scam and I have that on my second monitor while I do other things. if people wanna make and consume stuff that long about a single subject then good for them I guess. cool to be passionate about things :)

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

yep

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

there's a certain arrogance to enormously long videos. I have limited hours in the day and you think you can demand my attention for four of them? the audacity

the worst of the worst of these are the ones that don't even have timestamps/chapters. like drat I'm supposed to just guess when a good place to stop and resume later would be?? I "guess" I'm going to watch another roller coaster tycoon challenge map instead, then

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

my biggest regret in that field is letting my parents go through my storage and throw out all my Rock Band instruments. I even had the pro extension kit for the drums.........

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Heath posted:

It's amazing how worthless the GH/RB instruments were for long time so people just threw them out or put them in the shed til they stopped working and now people want them again

yeah we all thought the rythm game genre would last a lot longer, but it died really drat fast and we're only just now seeing a bit of a return with harmonix's weird failed DJ Festival game that kinda owned and Fortnite of all places lol