Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

I posted this in the chill thread, but now this is open I want to say it again:

I've honestly lost count of the number of times some white person in a position of authority or power has faced the slightest push back from a minority and some goon has rushed in to say that racism against white people is totally real and just as bad and quoted loving dictionary definitions at people.

And then, in the space of half a dozen posts, has gone from "I'm the only one here who's really standing up for what's right" to "We must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children".

100% serious - as soon as someone posts that "the dictionary defines racism as..." you can start the countdown to racist implosion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

EoinCannon posted:

I thought everyone here was too old, cynical and ironic for a real meltdown to occur.

Last time we almost had a meltdown was the 'read theory' guy a couple months back, but he's actually turned out to be pretty cool now that he's chilled out a little.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Captain Theron posted:

It's really bizarre. He didn't even get that much prodding, just a few questions, a bit of push back, and he completely flipped his lid, ranting about secret groups trying to destroy 'his' country.

It's like the movie, A Few Good Men when Tom Cruise's character is talking about how to get Jack Nicholson's character to admit he ordered an attack on one of his own men.

One of the legal team Cruise is working with wonders how they can get Nicholson to admit what he did, and Cruise points out he wants to admit it, he's desperate to admit what he did. He's not ashamed of it - he's proud of it. All he needs is the excuse.

A "You can't handle the truth!" tirade from the put-upon-martyr is what every person like that secretly lives for.

That said, it's a real bummer. I know I disagreed with the poster before, but I really thought they were better than that.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Yeah I have a proposal. Its called *Tax the ever living poo poo outta them*

Trickle down ecnomics is Reagenisque bullshit that means someone rich is taking a piss on you.

'Horse and sparrow " economics is the better term.

Feed a horse enough oats and eventually some will pass through for sparrows to eat.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

hooman posted:

Dutton disparaging CSIRO.

Lol, loving coles. loving SDA, scab rear end loving union.

Christ the SDA are just utter cunts

Getting paid junior rates as a 20 year old, gently caress me.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
loving lovely media are falling over themselves to post the one picture of the kid he took without his shirt on with poor lighting.

So some reason.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Non Compos Mentis posted:

Is it pedophilia?

He Was No Angel.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

hooman posted:

Paying 19 year olds 20% less, so you can pay 20% more! gently caress you, that's why!

God I'm still loving angry over that.

Bet dollars to doughnuts the SDA is somehow to thank for that being legal.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Parliamentary system? But I thought we were like the US.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Non Compos Mentis posted:

surely keating would be able to get a boat blown up

Someone call France.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
And given that hovercraft have protective meshes underneath their fans, you can run over joggers with them.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

As you can no doubt tell from my av I fukken LOVE stats and graphs and I would have totally bought a LIVE GRAPH LOVE mug, I'm mad it's just an Aprils Fool post

Goddamnit.

Legit wanted that first cap.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

imnotinsane posted:

The bubble has been going to burst for something like the last 15 years, I think it's just going to continue as is, and the divide between people who can afford houses and who can't will just keep getting bigger.

If the bubble looks like it's going to burst, they'll just change the laws and give massive payouts to lenders and homeowners.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Bucky Fullminster posted:

ever noticed how a river system looks like the veins on a leaf

or a solar system looks like an atom

Not really, no.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Konomex posted:

As a person who teaches this stuff. Yeah, that's it exactly. If I tried to explain probability and electrons existing as standing harmonic wave then my students heads would melt.

In one of PTerry's science books, he described education as deliberately teaching things wrong, but wrong in such a way that you could move to the next level of education where things would be taught slightly less wrong.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
It's was his old Usenet handle.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Lube Enthusiast posted:

God I am so loving glad we have gun control. Americans experience this poo poo weekly and they just shrug their loving shoulders.

Same here.

In the Us this wouldn't even go beyond local news, and wouldn't even be the lead story.

That said, I'm sure the usual fuckwits will be crawling out of the woodwork to jerk off into their own mouths over gun control "not working".

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Someone was saying the guy was targeting women only, but I can't confirm.

Whoever suggested "known to police for domestic violence" might have been right.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Cops just named the guy - Joel Cauchi, a 40 year old man from Queensland.

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...f087ec9b853529d

Andrew Bolt's sobbing into his gold embossed photo album of children being abused by priests now that he's going to have to go with his B story about men being failed by family courts rather than the one he wanted about Those People coming over here, bringing the smell of their cooking.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Apr 14, 2024

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Drug, eh? Probably imported by FOREIGNERS!

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Comstar posted:

The sole dead male is a Pakistani refugee who was working his first day shift as security after starting this week.

I guess that answers the question on where was security.

Now I want to punch all those racist cunts who were mouthing off about the killer being a Not White twice as much.

Like this oval office who was mentioned in one of the other Aus threads:

loving "phenotype" like he's an animal or a specimen.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

Phenotype isn't phrenology. In theory he's used it in a way that makes sense and is correct but he's also used it in the most racist context imaginable

The racism equivalent of :females:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Captain Theron posted:

Having escaped the lions den, Lehrman made the fatal mistake of coming back for his hat.

There's a blast from the past

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgoaUHAqV0c&t=4s

edit: gently caress oval office

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

gay picnic defence posted:

I thought the hun would have tried to paint him as a victim of woke judges or something

I'm assuming Murdoch hates Kerry Stokes. The only small-minded right wing hate media that should be allowed is his small-minded right wing hate media.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Tomberforce posted:

Did they actually cut the guys fingers off or was that baseless twitter speculation.

These events have really made it clear how loving feral twitter is now, if it wasn't clear before.

Musk has gone out of his way to make it that way. Just nazis and bigots of every stripe.

And bots, lol.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
So it's was just some yellow cake, then? Hardly dangerous.

You can buy the poo poo online.

Just $19 for a bottle of the stuff

https://unitednuclear.com/restricted-to-ups-only-c-105_87/yellowcake-p-873.html

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
That loving thing was real?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Paracausal posted:

reminder if you say 'cis' or 'cisgender' on twitter your account is limited, but posting the livestream of a terrorist attack is fine and dandy

But it has to be a reply, not a post.

I experimented with an old account that got unsuspended after being locked for a few years. I tried every combination of 'Musk' and 'cisgender' in a bunch of posts and got nothing. Then I tried it once in a reply to one of Musks right wing bullyboys and got hit with a warning in less than an hour.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Solemn Sloth posted:

Nobody:
Absolutely no one:
Literally not one soul:

Peter Fitz: https://x.com/peter_fitz/status/1782646299655123142

The "good nazi" myth needs to loving die already. Rommel was a oval office.

edit: I see this was already covered. Good :colbert:

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Apr 26, 2024

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Regular Wario posted:

I think the nsw premier pledged money to some respect ladies course for schoolkids

Maybe a tasteful ribbon?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

I had my bank, the Bendigo, call me several times asking me if I wanted to take out a home loan simply on the basis of being old with a steady income. Sure as hell wasn't because of my bank balance, or the size of my income. Pretty sure my rent, as bad as it is, is less than what I would be paying for a home loan when the price of an average 2 bedroom near me is over $650,000.

Felt incredibly weird. Like how, in the 80s, credit card companies would send you "pre-approved!" sign up forms so you could easily get yourself into life destroying debt.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Regular Wario posted:

yeah imagine it on australian servers that havent been properly updated in 40 years and still have essential parts running on windows 3.1

Up until two years ago, we had stuff at work running on a 486.

Kids, if you don't know that that is, ask your grandparents.

e: lol, they were still being made up till 2007.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

GrandMaster posted:

Lol they deleted both the primary and disaster recovery instances

Thankfully, they had a third instance with a separate company.

Bet there's an IT guy who fought like hell for that and got poo poo for years from the executives over it. Now they get to gloat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
I'm pro-nuclear power, but very much anti-nuclear power in Australia.

There's no way this sorry sack of cunts could be trusted to safely operate a nuclear power plant, no matter how well designed and safe they are now - which, to be sure, is very.

They'd either cut every corner, hide every failure because it would make the minister look bad if anything got out, or stock the upper levels of control of the station with bootlicking goons who'd run it into the ground. All while Dutton petitions to change the laws so they can bury waste in children's playgrounds in poor suburbs.