Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
So is it just me or is Morph OP as all hell? Like what are the limits of his powers? Does he have to have met the person who's powers he mimics? How long can he hold a single form? I need answers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

itry
Aug 23, 2019

TrashMammal posted:

there was that elf dude. catty as hell

Huh, wild. I don't remember any elves at all.

Edit:

Lammasu posted:

So is it just me or is Morph OP as all hell? Like what are the limits of his powers? Does he have to have met the person who's powers he mimics? How long can he hold a single form? I need answers.

His limits are whatever the current writer wants them to be probably.

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

itry posted:

Huh, wild. I don't remember any elves at all.

That is Puck and voiced by Brent Spiner

They went deep into the Shakespeare well

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Rubber Chicken posted:

That is Puck and voiced by Brent Spiner

They went deep into the Shakespeare well

Neat. Looking at the credits on imdb, there are a lot of familiar names and faces. And lots of Trek people. That show was stacked.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Gargoyles was practically all Star Trek alumni

They got Avery Brooks to come do a voice. I don't know what kind of connections you have to have to get Avery Brooks to appear on your show, but this knowledge has been lost to time, and we are all worse off for it.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

barclay should have been the spider :colbert:

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

counterfeitsaint posted:

Gargoyles was practically all Star Trek alumni

They got Avery Brooks to come do a voice. I don't know what kind of connections you have to have to get Avery Brooks to appear on your show, but this knowledge has been lost to time, and we are all worse off for it.

The crazy thing is that while a lot of these are small one-episode parts in either one or both, Frakes, Sirtis, Spiner, Dorn, and Mulgrew had main or significant roles in both.

Speaking of Star Trek Riker and Cyclops have a lot in common. Both guys from Alaska who take their orders from bald guys, have "brothers" they didn't know about that joined up with terrorist factions, date psychics, lost their mothers, are estranged from their fathers, and are skilled pilots.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Random Stranger posted:

They're not "seasons" in the sense of prime time TV. Syndicated kids cartoons had all sorts of weird episode purchases, usually focused on 13 week periods. So a weekday show would get 65 episodes for a "season" and then they might sell that fornfour or five years. Or something shown on weekends would get a thirteen episode order. And then if a show was a big hit in syndication then they might refresh the episodes every few years but not necessarily with another big order. Maybe twenty episodes. And sometimes they might just make five episodes for a weekly strip or something moving from weekends to week days might get an abreviated order. Kids entertainment was disposable and the production stuff was weird as a result.

Even stranger was with shows like Darkwing Duck or the Beetlejuice cartoon where they were making unique episodes for two different networks to air at the same time.

THIS_IS_FINE
May 21, 2001

Slippery Tilde
Just jumping in to say this show is good and hits the nostalgia part of my brain HARD when the theme song comes on

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

TrashMammal posted:

when do we get a gritty adult reboot where the gargoyles finally stab a bitch?

We did get Elisa shot in that one episode that they took out of rotation.

TrashMammal posted:

there was that elf dude. catty as hell

Puck's big secret was the most mind-blowing twist for me back in the day.

Also, he was the mastermind before the really hosed up dystopian future episode where most of the cast died and Broadway was missing his eyes.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Vakal posted:

Even stranger was with shows like Darkwing Duck or the Beetlejuice cartoon where they were making unique episodes for two different networks to air at the same time.

There were two Sonic cartoons running at the same time, the serious one and the cartoony one, because the first one had a network exclusive deal. Apparently Adventures was originally intended to work as a prequel but they realised pretty early they'd diverged a bit too far for that to work. (The serious one is the one with all the extended cast that got brought into the comics which became a helluva rollercoaster ride in many senses, while the goofy is the source of all those Youtube Poops)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

itry posted:

All I remember from Gargoyles is a big gargoyle guy jumping off of tall buildings. And a journalist lady. At least I think she was a journalist. Don't remember any bitches.

Her name was Elisa Maza and she was a cop. Half African -American and half Native American, and the voice actress has a very similar background. Nichel Nicols (another Star Trek alum) played her mom.

She was probably the first (only?) Scaley in mainstream pop culture.