Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

You guys broke Darth Brooks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

No Butt Stuff posted:

You guys broke Darth Brooks

We had a good run there.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Jesus, was not expecting to see that many picks go by on a Wednesday. I'll make mine in a few minutes, just let me check my cheat sheets.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

I've been trying to keep up.

I still don't know if I'll be able to make another pick before the draft starts. The Vikings don't have any second or third round picks.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I felt like there was no way I could go offense with the first three picks. I considered a couple receivers, running backs (that little run was painful to watch), and backup Tackles but I think bolstering the defense is the path forward now.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
Due to the magic of compensatory picks it is almost my turn again.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

everyone would laugh their rear end off if the 49ers or ravens or bills or texans or jaguars or chargers or vikings or jets or seahawks gave the cleveland browns a free 4th round pick as a gift. not trading in any way

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

I'll make the Jags pick in a few minutes

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

it was my turn. now it won’t be my turn again for awhile.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

a patagonian cavy posted:

it was my turn. now it won’t be my turn again for awhile.

I got sniped. I pick again early in the 4 and I wanted him.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Didn’t even see I was up! Crap. Almost made a pick earlier in the round when someone accidentally said jags were up so of course I miss when it’s my turn

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
We should implement a "Vikings Rule" where if you're up and you miss your time the draft goes on but you can then make your pick at any time.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Sinnott currently the betting favorite for second tight end drafted, getting him at the tail end of the third round seems pretty good in that case. I haven't watched tight end film so no idea if he's good, but only three tight ends in the first three rounds (presumably), is interesting.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

I have the fourth round order ready to go, but I'm torn on whether we call it at the end of the third or just see how far we can get in less than a week

Play
Apr 25, 2006

ShakeZula posted:

I have the fourth round order ready to go, but I'm torn on whether we call it at the end of the third or just see how far we can get in less than a week

I don't have any more picks after this upcoming late third rounder, so don't really have a dog in the fight but I don't see the harm in letting it continue a bit more. Yeah we might not finish the round but does that really matter?

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

ShakeZula posted:

I want it to be my turn again

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Fair enough, I'll post the fourth round order then and we'll just see how far we get

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Play posted:

Sinnott currently the betting favorite for second tight end drafted, getting him at the tail end of the third round seems pretty good in that case. I haven't watched tight end film so no idea if he's good, but only three tight ends in the first three rounds (presumably), is interesting.

Maybe a better question for the main draft thread but I'm curious what's driving that. Most big boards I see Sinnott as like the 5th or 6th rated TE, WAY behind Sanders. Major gap between the betting market and (amateur) evaluators.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
He’s a 3-4 round prospect - dolphins fans been following him all offseason since he’s a favorite for our 4th rounder, and is regularly ranked 3rd or 4th best TE in the class

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

I chose to select him because he was 3 years younger than the other TEs in the same category, like stover and All out of Iowa. he can already block and catch pretty well and has room to grow. this is despite both All and Stover having ohio connections

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Well, that's me done and dusted. Extremely happy with how this one turned out for me. Hit positions of need for the Rams and every single player I drafted was a 'my guy' type that I've been excited about for a while. A top flight cornerback with elite movement skills, a wide receiver of the future who I've loved all CFB season, a young, penetrating DT with tons of promise and growth potential, and a somewhat injury-prone flyer at edge with very heavy hands, a good variety of moves and the type of size the team prefers at that position.

The only thing I regret was not taking a running back, thought I could nab them a bit later but after Benson and Wright were taken I didn't see any value at all at the position even at the end of the third round.

Overall, a very fun an illuminating mock draft. Thanks again to ShakeZula, the mic rula, the old skoola, for bringing it to us despite our propensity to trip

Docjowles posted:

Maybe a better question for the main draft thread but I'm curious what's driving that. Most big boards I see Sinnott as like the 5th or 6th rated TE, WAY behind Sanders. Major gap between the betting market and (amateur) evaluators.

Couldn't say, I really haven't done a single thing to evaluate tight ends. But here are the odds from Fanduel, so you must think they know SOMETHING:

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

a patagonian cavy posted:

I chose to select him because he was 3 years younger than the other TEs in the same category, like stover and All out of Iowa. he can already block and catch pretty well and has room to grow. this is despite both All and Stover having ohio connections

Yeah the Bengals passing on Stover in the 3rd is probably the most unbelievable thing in this draft so far

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

ShakeZula posted:

Yeah the Bengals passing on Stover in the 3rd is probably the most unbelievable thing in this draft so far

I chose to select the player whose draft evaluation was nice rather than doing the dumbass thing that the cincinnati bengals of ohio will probably do, like reach for a TE because he went to OSU or reach for a TE because he went to high school in suburban cincinnati.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
Sinott, Stover, and Johnson are all upside guys so it's just whichever one you like best. Sinott's been jumping up boards bc he's so young while being big and fast

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Well that’s not great. Really bad year not to have a third 😡

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Amy Pole Her posted:

Well that’s not great. Really bad year not to have a third 😡

idk, i think most of the TEs will be available in rd 4 so in the real draft Miami will likely have a shot at one of the athletic dudes. we'll see if im right tho

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

alright i feel pretty good about this draft for Washington

Jayden Daniels, QB, LSU
Patrick Paul, OT, Houston
Kingsley Suamataia, OT, BYU
Marshawn Kneeland, EDGE, Western Michigan
Malik Washington, WR, UVA
Theo Johnson TE PSU

Probably should've gone safety instead of Malik there in the 3rd, but I gambled that the 2 dudes I liked would both survive to the end of the round and I was wrong. From the perspective of giving the new qb the best possible situation though I'm happy with the results.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I don't have any deep analysis I just went with Vibes for the most part

33. Keon Coleman WR Florida State
39. T.J. Tampa CB Iowa State
65. Payton Wilson LB NC State
101. Brenden Rice WR USC

I feel like Panthers fans would probably be happy with this draft overall. Coleman gives Bryce a big target to look for, Rice I think can slide into the slot right away. Tampa and Wilson give the defense a much needed boost, and they both can play the run and the pass well. Probably no superstars in this draft but just a solid foundation to build off of in the next couple drafts.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

54. braden fiske the d lineman - reach
85. christian mahogany the guard - reach

browms wanted a linebacker and another puncher at running back to decimate their foes as well as one of the many talented wrs in this draft. they hate my rear end

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot
25. Cooper DeJean CB Iowa
41. Edgerrin Cooper LB Texas A&M
58. Kris Jenkins DT Michigan
88. Mason McCormick OG South Dakota State
91. Jaden Hick S Washington State

The Packers Super Bowl window is now officially wide-rear end open at the moment so we are in "best man available mode." All these guys can come in and either start from day one or rotate into the starting lineup from day one. DeJean will start immediately in the slot. The NFC North is in the doghouse with excellent WR talent everywhere and with Eric Stokes questionable for the 2024-2025, we cut our losses with him and draft our new slot corner. Edgerrin Cooper fills an immediate need as well as our linebacker room is terrible. Quay Walker cannot do everything by himself, and Trent McDuffie is a good role player, so we go get our new starting linebacker, who will play the opposite of Quay. Kris Jenkins will come into our DLine room and develop while rotating in from time to time. His run-stopping ability is amazing and we cannot pass that up after last year's terrible run defense the Packers fielded. I suspect Jeff Hafley will fix this as we convert to a 4-3 defense but Jenkins is welcome in a room with some of the best in the league. Mason McCormick will come in and develop as a guard, but we will start the conversion to center almost immediately, assuming the Packers do not pick up a center in this draft. Sean Rhyan won the starting right guard job this past year, but bringing competition into the room along with solid depth is a must. Finally, Jaden Hicks is the perfect duo partner for McKinney in the backfield. Our safety room is extremely thin as we let go of three of them to free agency. Hicks is a monster also at tackling and blitzing, and Hafley specifically said we will be getting some creative blitz packagers this upcoming season.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

A Sneaker Broker posted:

The Packers Super Bowl window is now officially wide-rear end open at the moment so we are in "best man available mode." All these guys can come in and either start from day one or rotate into the starting lineup from day one. DeJean will start immediately in the slot. The NFC North is in the doghouse with excellent WR talent everywhere and with Eric Stokes questionable for the 2024-2025, we cut our losses with him and draft our new slot corner. Edgerrin Cooper fills an immediate need as well as our linebacker room is terrible. Quay Walker cannot do everything by himself, and Trent McDuffie is a good role player, so we go get our new starting linebacker, who will play the opposite of Quay. Kris Jenkins will come into our DLine room and develop while rotating in from time to time. His run-stopping ability is amazing and we cannot pass that up after last year's terrible run defense the Packers fielded. I suspect Jeff Hafley will fix this as we convert to a 4-3 defense but Jenkins is welcome in a room with some of the best in the league. Mason McCormick will come in and develop as a guard, but we will start the conversion to center almost immediately, assuming the Packers do not pick up a center in this draft. Sean Rhyan won the starting right guard job this past year, but bringing competition into the room along with solid depth is a must. Finally, Jaden Hicks is the perfect duo partner for McKinney in the backfield. Our safety room is extremely thin as we let go of three of them to free agency. Hicks is a monster also at tackling and blitzing, and Hafley specifically said we will be getting some creative blitz packagers this upcoming season.

Great draft man, really nice. Top tier in DB, LB, Safety and possibly DT. I'm still bigheaded for drafting Sean Rhyan and Zach Tom (or maybe just Tom but I WANTED to draft Rhyan) for who knows what team back in some goon draft, then was tickled when the Packers ended up taking both of them as well, and to see them both as starters is only increasing my unending arrogance. I like how you employed some details about defensive scheme and overall fit.

Honestly I like the Panthers and Patriots drafts that were posted before as well. Since we haven't seen any of these kids play they are all guaranteed starters at this point, but still I'm impressed by the collective goon talent

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Play posted:

Great draft man, really nice. Top tier in DB, LB, Safety and possibly DT. I'm still bigheaded for drafting Sean Rhyan and Zach Tom (or maybe just Tom but I WANTED to draft Rhyan) for who knows what team back in some goon draft, then was tickled when the Packers ended up taking both of them as well, and to see them both as starters is only increasing my unending arrogance. I like how you employed some details about defensive scheme and overall fit.

Honestly I like the Panthers and Patriots drafts that were posted before as well. Since we haven't seen any of these kids play they are all guaranteed starters at this point, but still I'm impressed by the collective goon talent

I'm really torn because I was thinking about re-doubling on DT because this class is weak but a majority of them are gone now. Oh well. We have a few more needs to address, but then we are good. But thank you for the kind words. Also a little torn because a lot of "Packers" players decided to go back to school due to NIL :/

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

I think Sinnott compares favorably with last year's class. I'd put him right in the mix on the TE run last year. He's got good YAC, he's got some unexpected subtly in route running, good body control, finds the hole against zone, really nice transition from catcher to runner.

His inline blocking is good. He struggles to identify his target when he's blocking in space, but when he does land he's pretty good.

He's closer to Bowers than the next guy is close to him.

I think Sanders was just the presumptive number 2, but his analytics are mediocre, his film is mediocre, and his athletic testing is mediocre. Going through it I don't see how you could have him as TE2.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

A Sneaker Broker posted:

I would be thrilled with this draft, but your work isn't done buddy, you've still got a fourth-round pick to prepare for :colbert:

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

surf rock posted:

I would be thrilled with this draft, but your work isn't done buddy, you've still got a fourth-round pick to prepare for :colbert:

Yeah. i got a couple of guys on my mind. It's either time to reach, trust my gut, or just pick BPA.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

ShakeZula posted:

I'll make the pick for the Raiders in a few minutes if Black Sunshine doesn't

Sorry! Real life happened and I lost track of things. Thanks for making the pick, you did great by going cornerback because that's what I planned on doing with that pick anyway.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Black Sunshine posted:

Sorry! Real life happened and I lost track of things. Thanks for making the pick, you did great by going cornerback because that's what I planned on doing with that pick anyway.

No worries. I used my incredibly scientific method of "google mock drafts for that team and find one where the projected pick hasn't been taken yet," and so far it's worked pretty well.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

ShakeZula posted:

No worries. I used my incredibly scientific method of "google mock drafts for that team and find one where the projected pick hasn't been taken yet," and so far it's worked pretty well.

Haha, that's perfect

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

I can see why historically the Goon draft was stopped after the 3rd round. By the time you get to the bottom half of the draft it is a lot of random players left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

It's funny to think that almost all of those "random players" have complete scouting reports on most of the NFL teams, all probably saying wildly different things.