Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Darth Brooks posted:

It's funny to think that all those "random players" have complete scouting reports on most of the NFL teams, all probably saying wildly different things.

I've heard a lot of special teams players gets picked around here. I think I might be on the clock? The team ahead of me hasn't picked yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Yeah EmbryoSteve is on the clock and his pick was due a few hours ago. I was giving him a grace period since we're in the fourth, but I'll make the Seahawks pick in a few minutes.

Edit: Pick is made

ShakeZula fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Apr 21, 2024

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

So this is my thought process about why I made all of the picks that I did. Thank you to ShakeZula for organizing the Goon draft.

1. (3rd overall) - Marvin Harrison Jr, WR OSU. The Patriots need receiver help, their best receiver is Kendrick Bourne who is coming off of an ACL tear. Hopefully he can return to form. The other WRs have been mostly underwhelming and haven't had a lot of experience. The best one is probably DeMario Douglas. I was scared that Maye would bust in this spot and I didn't think highly enough of McCarthy, Nix, or Penix to go for them here. If I was forced to pick a QB, I liked Penix the best out of this class. I just didn't want to burn a 3rd overall pick on him.

2. (34rd overall) - T'Vondre Sweat, DT Texas. I liked his upside as a possible two gapping nose tackle that is able to control the line of scrimmage and clean things up for the other defensive players. I also picked him because defensive line hadn't really been picked over yet. This was probably a bit of a reach.

3. (68 overall) - Jonathan Brooks, RB Texas. No RBs had been picked yet, I went with one of the more highly rated ones. The Patriots have some RBs, but the prospect of an exciting rookie to help open things up for the offense was too much to pass on.

4. (103 overall) - Joe Milton III, QB Tennessee. He's tall, strong, fast, and has a good arm. He is going to ride the bench year 1 and get a year to develop / acclimate to the NFL. Year 2 he's our starter and we see what we get out of him. Assuming he is successful, we found our QB of the future here. If he isn't good enough to make it as a QB in the NFL he has some athleticism that we can transition him to a different role for years 3 and 4. It's a fourth round pick, so if it doesn't work out it won't set the franchise back too far. Plus look at this spider chart!

Anderson Koopa fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Apr 21, 2024

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008
So I think that's it for my spell as Arizona GM.

4) Malik Nabers, WR, LSU
27) Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia
35) Darius Robinson, DL, Missouri
66) Bralen Trice, EDGE, Washington
71) Malachi Corley, WR, Western Kentucky
90) Trey Benson, RB, Florida State
104) Dadrion "Rabbit" Taylor-Demerson, S, Texas Tech

No clue if a haul like this would make the Cardinals contenders, but it would make them a lot of fun to watch. Playmakers to work with Kyler on Offense and Mims to help keep him out of trouble; some 2nd rounder D-lineman for Jonathan Gannon to coach up (I figured that Gannon's Philly defense was D-line pressure focused, so Arizona's team building should follow suit); and one of my absolute favourite players to watch for the middle rounds to add the cherry on top. Taylor-Demerson is an absolute dawg, and in the right hands I think he will wildly outperform his draft position. He has some real ball hawking instincts.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot

Kevino07 posted:

So I think that's it for my spell as Arizona GM.

4) Malik Nabers, WR, LSU
27) Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia
35) Darius Robinson, DL, Missouri
66) Bralen Trice, EDGE, Washington
71) Malachi Corley, WR, Western Kentucky
90) Trey Benson, RB, Florida State
104) Dadrion "Rabbit" Taylor-Demerson, S, Texas Tech

No clue if a haul like this would make the Cardinals contenders, but it would make them a lot of fun to watch. Playmakers to work with Kyler on Offense and Mims to help keep him out of trouble; some 2nd rounder D-lineman for Jonathan Gannon to coach up (I figured that Gannon's Philly defense was D-line pressure focused, so Arizona's team building should follow suit); and one of my absolute favourite players to watch for the middle rounds to add the cherry on top. Taylor-Demerson is an absolute dawg, and in the right hands I think he will wildly outperform his draft position. He has some real ball hawking instincts.

DTD is an animal. I was debating between him & Hicks but Hicks won out since I know he’s a top of the line blitzer. But make no mistake, DTD is a juiced up Honeybadger.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Anderson Koopa posted:

So this is my thought process about why I made all of the picks that I did. Thank you to ShakeZula for organizing the Goon draft.

1. (3rd overall) - Marvin Harrison Jr, WR OSU. The Patriots need receiver help, their best receiver is Kendrick Bourne who is coming off of an ACL tear. Hopefully he can return to form. The other WRs have been mostly underwhelming and haven't had a lot of experience. The best one is probably DeMario Douglas. I was scared that Maye would bust in this spot and I didn't think highly enough of McCarthy, Nix, or Penix to go for them here. If I was forced to pick a QB, I liked Penix the best out of this class. I just didn't want to burn a 3rd overall pick on him.

2. (34rd overall) - T'Vondre Sweat, DT Texas. I liked his upside as a possible two gapping nose tackle that is able to control the line of scrimmage and clean things up for the other defensive players. I also picked him because defensive line hadn't really been picked over yet. This was probably a bit of a reach.

3. (68 overall) - Jonathan Brooks, RB Texas. No RBs had been picked yet, I went with one of the more highly rated ones. The Patriots have some RBs, but the prospect of an exciting rookie to help open things up for the offense was too much to pass on.

4. (103 overall) - Joe Milton III, QB Tennessee. He's tall, strong, fast, and has a good arm. He is going to ride the bench year 1 and get a year to develop / acclimate to the NFL. Year 2 he's our starter and we see what we get out of him. Assuming he is successful, we found our QB of the future here. If he isn't good enough to make it as a QB in the NFL he has some athleticism that we can transition him to a different role for years 3 and 4. It's a fourth round pick, so if it doesn't work out it won't set the franchise back too far. Plus look at this spider chart!

One thing I would have trouble with in the real life draft is NE hitting the fourth round without taking a tackle. Their LT situation is rear end despite multiple failed swings at fixing it. They gotta keep trying. Sweat and Brooks feel like luxury picks a team in their position can't afford

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Docjowles posted:

One thing I would have trouble with in the real life draft is NE hitting the fourth round without taking a tackle. Their LT situation is rear end despite multiple failed swings at fixing it. They gotta keep trying. Sweat and Brooks feel like luxury picks a team in their position can't afford

That is true and I was banking on the Patriots hitting on a tackle in the later rounds. If you told me tackle was a priority, I would have gone for that early and then gone WR. Sweat was a vanity pick who reminded me a lot of Vince Wilfork. My favoritw of the OTs was picked right before my 3rd round pick. I picked QB late because I believe that the team needs some additional pieces before a QB would help them.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Anderson Koopa posted:

What a glorious spider chart.

Young man could throw the ball through a battleship. Heavenly strength.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
This fake draft has taught me that the Cowboys are in a wild position. They're ostensibly in win-now mode for the next year, but they're going into the draft lacking starters at LT, C, RB and LB, plus they could really use depth at DT and WR, and they've only got three picks in the top 170. I honestly don't know how they expect to be meaningfully competitive in 2024-25, but still, I went into the draft trying to prioritize guys who could contribute right away at positions of need (without reaching too hard, considering the team might get blown up by next offseason).

Here's how that played out:

24. Graham Barton, OL, Duke

My understanding is that the real Cowboys are reluctant to move Tyler Smith from LG to LT considering how well he's played at guard, but I didn't see anyone on the board who I was confident could slot in as a day-one LT. I had Barton as the BPA at this point, and my thought was that he'd most likely slot in at C while Smith kicks over to LT and either TJ Bass or an as-of-yet-unsigned free agent plays LG.

56. Jordan Morgan, OL, Arizona

I did not expect to draft another lineman here, but Morgan was too good a value to pass on. With him on board, the approach to the OL changes — now, between Smith, Barton and Morgan, you've got three guys who could theoretically play inside or outside. I still think the best configuration is probably Smith at LT, Morgan at LG, and Barton at C, but I'm not ruling out the possibility that the latter two could handle the tackle spot. All three guys should get a chance to win the LT job in camp, and adding another body increases the likelihood that you hit on a quality starter there.

87. Audric Estimé, RB, Notre Dame

At this point in the draft, I figured you're more likely to land an immediate contributor at RB than you are at basically any other position. I like Estimé a lot — he's big, he's explosive on tape, and there are a bunch of analytics that paint him in a real positive light. This would probably ideally be a trade-down spot in real life, and the draftniks might call this "a reach," but I kind of wanted to claim someone as My Guy anyway, so there. Hope I don't look like an idiot if anyone revisits this thread in a couple of years!

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
it’s not my turn yet

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

xbilkis posted:

This fake draft has taught me that the Cowboys are in a wild position. They're ostensibly in win-now mode for the next year, but they're going into the draft lacking starters at LT, C, RB and LB, plus they could really use depth at DT and WR, and they've only got three picks in the top 170. I honestly don't know how they expect to be meaningfully competitive in 2024-25, but still, I went into the draft trying to prioritize guys who could contribute right away at positions of need (without reaching too hard, considering the team might get blown up by next offseason).

Tbh it seems like Dallas has (and had, in the last couple seasons) more than enough talent to be a contender and they were primarily failed by coaching/scheme/injuries/variance.

The potential 2024 roster seems talented *enough* that with a few swings of luck they could be a contender.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

ShakeZula posted:

Yeah EmbryoSteve is on the clock and his pick was due a few hours ago. I was giving him a grace period since we're in the fourth, but I'll make the Seahawks pick in a few minutes.

Edit: Pick is made

Went camping this weekend and by the time I checked my phone while pooping last night yall already picked. Didn't expect the picks to be made so fast

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

EmbryoSteve posted:

Went camping this weekend and by the time I checked my phone while pooping last night yall already picked. Didn't expect the picks to be made so fast

I hope you had a good time camping and / or pooping. I think everyone had a pretty good draft this year. I was pretty happy with how my picks turned out.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Bismarck is a huge piece of poo poo goon who stole my prospect!!!

Lemme do some research and I’ll make my pick.

Jalen McMillan, WR, Washington - I will always love you

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Lol sorry man. It was either him or Baker from UCF.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Lol sorry man. It was either him or Baker from UCF.

We have 28 picks to go, we are averaging 5 picks per day, the draft is 4 days away. I believe in our ability to finish out round 4!

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Yay, I can pick again!

Um, it's the fourth round.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Operating under the assumption that there will not be a fifth round, here is my titans postmortem.

R1P6: Joe Alt. Fills a need with the consensus best tackle on the board.
R2P38: Chris Braswell. Maybe a bit of an overdraft here but it fills a need with the new coaching staff apparently seeing Arden key as just a rotational guy.
R4P106: Jalen McMillan. Can stay at slot or develop behind Ridley and Hopkins in preparation for next season to potentially fill a bigger role if Deandre Hopkins leaves.

I would be happy with all three of these players in the actual draft but I think the primary takeaway here is that the titans really need to try and trade down, either from 7 or 38, to make up their missing third rounder. They badly need an ILB and aren’t going to find one that can start without a third round pick unless they hugely overdraft one at 38.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Seems like we might get to my next pick at 134, so I won't post my full draft summary yet. In any case, I'm pretty happy to walk away with Bowers (who I maintain is good) and two offensive line prospects with positional versatility. I think both Puni and Coleman could be good depth this year, and could be starters 1-2 years down the line once Tyron Smith and Morgan Moses are (probably) gone.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

great pick

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
The 4th round was a mistake.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

wandler20 posted:

I will be saying this on Saturday

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

wandler20 posted:

"No harm in letting it roll" they told me, and now the draft is in shambles

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

zak zinter is a Star Wars name

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

ShakeZula posted:

"No harm in letting it roll" they told me, and now the draft is in shambles

I think that run in the late 3rd gave everyone false hope.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

wandler20 posted:

I think that run in the late 3rd gave everyone false hope.

If I'm being honest I never once believed we'd make it through four, but I did harbor some hope of making another pick for the Colts

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

we've all got to believe the game would have finished the 4th round if i had 4 or 5 picks. maybe even 3

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe
Apologies for the delay folks. Busy work day.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot

solarjetman posted:

Apologies for the delay folks. Busy work day.

Good pick.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

wandler20 posted:

I got to pick a possible QB of the future for the Patriots!

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I just did a count and there have been more than twenty revisions of the draft sheet. I'm happy with how far we've gotten.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I'm sorry Darth brooks. I'm sorry ShakeZula. for taking advantage of you both

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I was bored.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Hey, I've always said that three rounds is the goal and anything on top of that is gravy. So I'm very pleased with how this year turned out.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
I dropped the ball in round 3 but at least I can say I did my part to keep round 4 going!

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

it’s almost my turn

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Well it's real draft day, so that means it's officially the end of this year's Goon Draft. Big thanks to everyone who participated, both the regulars who take part every year and the new people who decided to give it a try, this was maybe the smoothest and most efficient draft I've ever run. I always love running this thing as both a fun exercise and a tool for learning more about the various draft prospects outside of my team's bubble.

As for my results, I think the real Colts draft might play out almost exactly like mine did. CB or WR needs to be the move in the first, with CB being the more obvious glaring need. Grabbing one of the Day 2 WRs in the second makes a ton of sense, and after that it's mostly just BPA.

For convenience I've pasted the full draft results below. Thanks again everyone!

Round 1

1) Chicago Bears (from Carolina) trevorreznik Caleb Williams, QB, USC
2) Washington Commanders Relentlessboredomm Jayden Daniels, QB, LSU
3) New England Patriots Anderson Koopa Marvin Harrison Jr, WR, The Ohio State University
4) Arizona Cardinals Kevino07 Malik Nabers, WR, LSU
5) Los Angeles Chargers a neat cape Rome Odunze, WR, Washington
6) New York Giants Ornery and Hornery Drake Maye, QB, UNC
7) Tennessee Titans Bismack Billabongo Joe Alt, OT, Notre Dame
8) Atlanta Falcons Sad King Billy Quinyon Mitchell, CB, Toledo
9) Chicago Bears trevorreznik Laiatu Latu, EDGE, UCLA
10) New York Jets Professor Funk Brock Bowers, TE, Georgia
11) Minnesota Vikings Darth Brooks Dallas Turner, EDGE, Alabama
12) Denver Broncos 3 DONG HORSE JJ McCarthy, QB, Michigan
13) Las Vegas Raiders Black Sunshine Olu Fashanu, OT, Penn State
14) New Orleans Saints Eltoasto Taliese Fuaga, OT, Oregon State
15) Indianapolis Colts ShakeZula Terrion Arnold, CB, Alabama
16) Seattle Seahawks EmbryoSteve Troy Fautanu, OT, Washington
17) Jacksonville Jaguars Amy Pole Her Jackson Powers Johnson, OC, Oregon
18) Cincinnati Bengals a patagonian cavy Johnny Newton, DT, Illinois
19) Los Angeles Rams Play Nate Wiggins, CB, Clemson
20) Pittsburgh Steelers Perry the Platypus Brian Thomas Jr, WR, LSU
21) Miami Dolphins Hamhandler Chop Robinson, EDGE, Penn State
22) Philadelphia Eagles Quiet Feet Byron Murphy II, DT, Texas
23) Minnesota Vikings (from Cleveland through Houston) Darth Brooks Michael Penix Jr, QB, Washington
24) Dallas Cowboys xbilkis Graham Barton, OL, Duke
25) Green Bay Packers A Sneaker Broker Cooper DeJean, DB, Iowa
26) Tampa Bay Buccaneers wandler20 Jared Verse, EDGE, Florida State University
27) Arizona Cardinals (from Houston) Kevino07 Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia
28) Buffalo Bills fsif Adonai Mitchell, WR, Texas
29) Detroit Lions Hizawk Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
30) Baltimore Ravens Solarjetman J.C. Latham, OT, Alabama
31) San Francisco 49ers Grozz Nuy Tyler Guyton, OT, Oklahoma
32) Kansas City Chiefs No Butt Stuff Ladd McConkey, WR, Georgia

Round 2

33) Carolina Panthers IcePhoenix Keon Coleman, WR, Florida State
34) New England Patriots Anderson Koopa T'Vondre Sweat, DT, Texas
35) Arizona Cardinals Kevino07 Darius Robinson, DL, Missouri
36) Washington Commanders Relentlessboredomm Patrick Paul, OT, Houston
37) Los Angeles Chargers a neat cape Mike Sainristil, CB, Michigan
38) Tennessee Titans Bismack Billabongo Chris Braswell, EDGE/LB, Alabama
39) Carolina Panthers (from N.Y. Giants) IcePhoenix TJ Tampa, CB, Iowa State
40) Washington Commanders (from Chicago) Relentlessboredomm Kingsley Suamataia, OT, BYU
41) Green Bay Packers (from N.Y. Jets) A Sneaker Broker Edgerrin Cooper, LB, Texas A&M
42) Houston Texans (from Minnesota) Sad King Billy Jeremiah Trotter Jr, LB, Clemson
43) Atlanta Falcons Sad King Billy Adisa Isaac, DE, Penn State
44) Las Vegas Raiders Black Sunshine Bo Nix, QB, Oregon
45) New Orleans Saints (from Denver) Eltoasto Tyler Nubin, S, Minnesota
46) Indianapolis Colts ShakeZula Troy Franklin, WR, Oregon
47) New York Giants (from Seattle) Ornery and Hornery Zach Frazier, OL, West Virginia
48) Jacksonville Jaguars Amy Pole Her Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan
49) Cincinnati Bengals a patagonian cavy Javon Foster, OT, Missouri
50) Philadelphia Eagles (from New Orleans) Quiet Feet Xavier Worthy, WR, Texas
51) Pittsburgh Steelers Perry the Platypus Ennis Rakestraw Jr., CB, Missouri
52) Los Angeles Rams Play Xavier Legette, WR, South Carolina
53) Philadelphia Eagles Quiet Feet Kamari Lassiter, CB, Georgia
54) Cleveland Browns Cavauro Braden Fiske, DL, Florida State
55) Miami Dolphins Hamhandler Ja’Tavion Sanders, TE, Texas
56) Dallas Cowboys xbilkis Jordan Morgan, OL, Arizona
57) Tampa Bay Buccaneers wandler20 Ja'Lynn Polk, WR, Washington
58) Green Bay Packers A Sneaker Broker Kris Jenkins, DL, Michigan
59) Houston Texans Sad King Billy Renardo Green, CB, Florida State
60) Buffalo Bills fsif Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida
61) Detroit Lions Hizawk Cooper Beebe, OG, Kansas State
62) Baltimore Ravens Solarjetman Max Melton, CB, Rutgers
63) San Francisco 49ers Grozz Nuy Junior Colson, LB, Michigan
64) Kansas City Chiefs No Butt Stuff Kiran Amegadjie, OT, Yale

Round 3

65) Carolina Panthers IcePhoenix Payton Wilson, LB, NC State
66) Arizona Cardinals Kevino07 Bralen Trice, EDGE, Washington
67) Washington Commanders Relentlessboredomm Marshawn Kneeland, EDGE, Western Michigan
68) New England Patriots Anderson Koopa Jonathan Brooks, RB, Texas
69) Los Angeles Chargers a neat cape Christian Haynes, OG, UConn
70) New York Giants Ornery and Hornery Devontez Walker, WR, UNC
71) Arizona Cardinals (from Tennessee) Kevino07 Malachi Corley, WR, Western Kentucky
72) New York Jets Professor Funk Dominick Puni, OL, Kansas
73) Detroit Lions (from Minnesota) Hizawk Javon Bullard, S, Georgia
74) Atlanta Falcons Sad King Billy Ruke Orhorhoro, DT, Clemson
75) Chicago Bears trevorreznik Sedrick Van Pran, OC, Georgia
76) Denver Broncos 3 DONG HORSE Kris Abrams-Draine, CB, Missouri
77) Las Vegas Raiders Black Sunshine Khyree Jackson, CB, Oregon
78) Washington Commanders (from Seattle) Relentlessboredomm Malik Washington, WR, UVA
79) Atlanta Falcons (from Jacksonville) Sad King Billy Jermaine Burton, WR, Alabama
80) Cincinnati Bengals a patagonian cavy Jarrian Jones, CB, Florida State
81) Seattle Seahawks (from New Orleans through Denver) EmbryoSteve Spencer Rattler, QB, South Carolina
82) Indianapolis Colts ShakeZula Calen Bullock, S, USC
83) Los Angeles Rams Play Michael Hall Jr., DT, The Ohio State University
84) Pittsburgh Steelers Perry the Platypus Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame
85) Cleveland Browns Cavauro Christian Mahogany, OG, Boston College
86) Houston Texans (from Philadelphia) Sad King Billy Jaylen Wright, RB,Tennessee
87) Dallas Cowboys xbilkis Audric Estimé, RB, Notre Dame
88) Green Bay Packers A Sneaker Broker Mason McCormick, OG, South Dakota State
89) Tampa Bay Buccaneers wandler20 Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
90) Arizona Cardinals (from Houston) Kevino07 Trey Benson, RB, Florida State
91) Green Bay Packers (from Buffalo) A Sneaker Broker Jaden Hicks, S, Washington State
92) Tampa Bay Buccaneers (from Detroit) wandler20 Trevin Wallace, LB, Kentucky
93) Baltimore Ravens Solarjetman Brandon Dorlus, DE, Oregon
94) San Francisco 49ers Grozz Nuy Maason Smith, DT, LSU
95) Kansas City Chiefs No Butt Stuff Cole Bishop, S, Utah
96) Jacksonville Jaguars (Compensatory Selection) Amy Pole Her Cam Hart, CB, Notre Dame
97) Cincinnati Bengals (Compensatory Selection) a patagonian cavy Ben Sinnott, TE, Kansas
98) Pittsburgh Steelers (from Philadelphia; Compensatory Selection) Perry the Platypus Leonard Taylor III, DL, Miami
99) Los Angeles Rams (Compensatory Selection) Play Jonah Elliss, Edge, Utah
100) Washington Commanders (from San Francisco; Compensatory Selection) Relentlessboredomm Theo Johnson, TE, PSU

Round 4

101) Carolina Panthers IcePhoenix Brenden Rice, WR, USC
102) Seattle Seahawks (from Washington) EmbryoSteve Cedric Gray, LB, UNC
103) New England Patriots Anderson Koopa Joe Milton III, QB, Tennessee
104) Arizona Cardinals Kevino07 Dadrion Taylor-Demerson, S, Texas Tech
105) Los Angeles Chargers a neat cape Cade Stover, TE, The Ohio State University
106) Tennessee Titans Bismack Billabongo Jalen McMillan, WR, Washington
107) New York Giants Ornery and Hornery Roger Rosengarten, OT, Washington
108) Minnesota Vikings Darth Brooks McKinnley Jackson, DT , Texas A&M
109) Atlanta Falcons Sad King Billy Jalyx Hunt, Edge, Houston Christian
110) Los Angeles Chargers (from Chicago) a neat cape Bucky Irving, RB, Oregon
111) New York Jets Professor Funk Brandon Coleman, OT, TCU
112) Las Vegas Raiders Black Sunshine Zak Zinter, OG, Michigan
113) Baltimore Ravens (from Denver through N.Y. Jets) Solarjetman Javon Baker, WR, UCF

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
For the Bucs I was able to blend BPA and need pretty well. I guess it helps that the Bucs have a bunch of holes that need work.

R1:26 - Jared Verse, EDGE, Florida State
R2:57 - Ja'Lynn Polk, WR, Washington
R3:89 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
R3:92 - Trevin Wallace, LB, Kentucky

Interior OL is something that I should have addressed and was planning on doing in round 4. Overall, pretty happy with that draft. Might not be any superstars there but all would be able to contribute early.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Seahawks

1.16 Fautanu Ot
3.81 rattler QB
4.102 Gray Linebacker
4.118 Dominique Hamptom S

I missed the 102 pick due being out of town with no reception. And I was 5 picks away from Hampton so I'm saying I picked him.

Hawks needed more terenches but I couldn't make a DT work and went with QB swing instead

I wouldn't hate this draft for the hawks. Would prefer to trade down and pick up a 2nd tho in real life especially with the fautanu knee stuff which may or may not be true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

1.12 JJ McCarthy, QB, Michigan
3.76 Kris Abrams-Draine, CB, Missouri

So for Broncos, I think realistically there's like a 99% chance of a trade in some direction so I don't think I could've nailed the draft this year due to the thread rules (not complaining, mind you!). As a result, I just did what I thought Sean would do if the Broncos couldn't trade. Thus, with JJ falling into our lap, that was a no brainer. Would've been happy with Bo but didn't want to reach so much to get him. Seeing him go in the 2nd at 44 kinda justifies my decision. After that I just filled the gaping blackhole of a corner slot across from Sutton. I felt that was a priority compared to other defensive roles. I think if I had time to pick in the 4th, I'd probably go for defense again but I was also considering offensive BPA. I wasn't sure just yet because I wanted to see who was available closer to the pick before deciding.

Thanks for running this, ShakeZula! It was fun, as always.

e: for the record, I am seeing mocks where Bo is picked at 12 but I think it's possible to get him with a trade down so I'm hoping to see something like that happen, especially if it leads to a 2nd rounder.

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Apr 25, 2024