Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Dr. Cool Aids)

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Starbucks posted:

Cut the grass today, it was a lot of work as was a bit of a jungle out there. Need to do something about the leatherjackets, a bit of feeding and over seeding. Then hopefully will get higher temperatures so I can sit outside and relax without building work being done out there for once.

Still need that patio doing though

Spent £2.5k on te roomba style ones and never worry about it again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

fridge corn posted:

I did a 5k run today

Microplastics posted:

Ha what a coincidence, so did I. First one it weeks

Let's talk about it endlessly, as runners are supposed to do

I did a new route today, one that didn't overlap any paths in the park

Come post about your runs in the Running Thread, a home for friendly and supportive psychopath masochists

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Failed Imagineer posted:

Come post about your runs

thread in shambles after multiple diarrhoea trip reports

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.

Jose posted:

Spent £2.5k on te roomba style ones and never worry about it again

They are a lot less than that, especially for my little new build garden. When the crappy Flymo I got on discount kicks the bucket I might look into it.

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.
Derp

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.

Jose posted:

missed my UC appointment sorry jeez

Wankers messed up my rent 3 months ago and I'm still waiting for it to be fixed.

I registered my rent increase and they stopped paying any of it and said "we shouldn't be paying it anyway, your council should".

So I've gotta faff about from scratch with another bunch of Muppets now

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

thread in shambles after multiple diarrhoea trip reports

That's definitely v relevant to the running thread too

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

Bobby Deluxe posted:

parents are coming down for the weekend

which will be nice since they have been on that bloody roof for months

With the non-existent bird? A likely story.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

known dipshit koos group probed me once for posting that picture on the basis that it was nsfw poop material

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Somebody fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Apr 18, 2024

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee
i do loads of running now and i hate every loving second of it. i thought at some point it would be nice and enjoyable. no it's hard and loving boring and i'm still not that much fitter.

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

I don't do any running because I'm not a chump.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Gasmask posted:

i do loads of running now and i hate every loving second of it. i thought at some point it would be nice and enjoyable. no it's hard and loving boring and i'm still not that much fitter.

You're probably running too fast all the time

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Failed Imagineer posted:

Come post about your runs in the Running Thread, a home for friendly and supportive psychopath masochists

I had to stop reading that due to the endless 'ran 20k at lunch today in sandles, nbd' posts

Gasmask posted:

You'll get there eventually, it is possible to have an easy enjoyable run

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Skarsnik posted:

I had to stop reading that due to the endless 'ran 20k at lunch today in sandles, nbd' posts

Depends, some people find that stuff motivational I guess? And nobody is lording it over anyone else, everyone is slow and poo poo and hates themselves, even if they're objectively fast.

I ran a 16k at lunch today tho :smugdog:

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

I found it incredibly boring mostly

e: to expand on this slightly, the cycling threads have people posting actual pictures and descriptions of the cool ride they did, not just robotically posting IRT literally every day

Skarsnik fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Apr 18, 2024

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

I really wish I could find running fun
like it seems really great and I have such an ideal spot right on my front door to go run but I'd rather just walk boooooo
also calves always hurt no matter what I do, it's loving weird

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Skarsnik posted:

I found it incredibly boring mostly

Yeah ngl it's pretty boring

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
Running sucks and even when I ran five days a week and could do 20k nbd I hated it. Cycling is much more fun imo. Alternatively check out sitting down on the sofa.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
I understand that some people love it and good for them, I wish them all the best.

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Hello thread I would also like to say thank you for the goonfund support. Also pre covid I ran off 30kg and was working towards a proper half marathon, then lockdown happened and eating biscuits suddenly became my thing instead.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Failed Imagineer posted:

I ran a 16k at lunch today tho :smugdog:

how long do you get for lunch, I can just about inhale a sandwich and cup of tea before fat tony is yelling at me over the radio

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

kecske posted:

how long do you get for lunch, I can just about inhale a sandwich and cup of tea before fat tony is yelling at me over the radio

Long as I feel like if I don't have any calls

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

computer touching exceptionalism strikes again! :argh:

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Failed Imagineer posted:

Long as I feel like if I don't have any calls

Lunch naps are pretty clutch

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

kecske posted:

computer touching exceptionalism strikes again! :argh:

Yeah sorry, that sounded very smug or something, but genuinely I do count my blessings. I worked lovely service jobs for years and then worked for negative money in cancer labs for years while PhDing and postdocing. Now I mostly get to chill with my dog and Send Email, long may it continue

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

Thank Christ It’s Friday

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Solefald posted:

I really wish I could find running fun
like it seems really great and I have such an ideal spot right on my front door to go run but I'd rather just walk boooooo
also calves always hurt no matter what I do, it's loving weird

Stretches and warmup and so on, also, you might have fallen arches.
I did cross country in school and loathed it, but I loathed playing team sports more, then I eventually got into cycling and never looked back, (smashed hip, pancake feet, cycling ignores all that.)

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I generally love running. It's like the only time I get to retreat into myself and listen to music and allow that music to dive deep into my psyche and propel me forward, using its rhythms and beats and emotions to unlock hidden reserves of grit and determination which I can tap into when a particularly good tune comes on

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
I go for a 5k run twice a week before work, but my motivation has taken a hit recently as heavy rain and strong wind have rolled in off the solent out of nowhere so I've ended up as far away from my house as I go absolutely soaked to the bone and with 2k to run back. Not fun in the slightest

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Hey I am not one of those digital product owner type dickheads but when did you all collectively agree to have two part login forms where it is email address and password on different pages as it fucks with password managers.

If any of you are those types please explain it and then go screw yourself.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

perhaps there are security benefits to making it harder to automate password entry. i neither know nor care though. farewell

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

The new hospital Trust I'm working for has mfa and single sign on and they are annoying as gently caress.

None wants to break in to my very boring work emails.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
I got my phone to read security codes out loud when I get them, so that I don't have to pick it up and unlock the phone and look at the text

Somewhat defeats the security I know, but it saves me the effort of moving my hand slightly so it's worth it.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Microplastics posted:

it saves me the effort of moving my hand slightly so it's worth it.

Exactly how I feel about Sex Arses

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Skarsnik posted:

You'll get there eventually, it is possible to have an easy enjoyable run

Recreate the good feelings of getting home after a run without the sweat and strain by simply doing something enjoyable in your house instead.

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

Password managers are for cowards. I just use post its in a safe

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

smiling giraffe posted:

I need £5000 please to pay off some bad people

just found out what this was a reference to, so a belated minor lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big scary monsters