Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quinton
Apr 25, 2004

Fangz posted:

I have to say that Jellyfish's artistic inferiority arc hit me like a bag of bricks. Though I'm not sure if the resolution is great...

I'm not convinced that's entirely resolved.

At least I sort of hope it isn't and it's more she's putting on a happy face about it, but maybe I'm seeing what I want to see in the writing that's not actually there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Oh, I didn't realize that is official merch lol.

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

let's go justin

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

jwong rules lmao

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

lol

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

lol

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

https://twitter.com/HiFightTH/status/1337930637597057025

I never realized until I saw this clip that he was the one who shouted that.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

ok i'm finally in the anime zone. i'm sort of going in alphabetical order with what i chose to watch starting with the first episode

a condition called love: yoooo, this one is cooking!!!! nothing!!! they served me a toast sandwich and the crowd is going absolutely, somewhere else!!! i like romance anime and shoujo, but this is one of the blandest premieres i've ever seen. gimme some fuckin personality, the only thing that happens in the episode is this dipshit cut his hair to please this girl that he just met a day ago at a panera bread, and then digs around in snow for hours to find a hairpin and gets frostbite. this himbo is a him-no for me

a salad bowl of eccentrics: i like the premise and the dynamic between a dad-guy detective and a chaotic neutral magical girl, so i'll keep watching, but the fanservice with livia adds nothing and is kinda boring. i did really like the scenes of livia and the homeless man though, they were charming

astro note: yo what the gently caress is going on with the art. why's it look like that. the drawings are low-res & upscaled and there's some sort of bad interlacing on them too, so you lose detail on the drawings. the animation isn't even great to begin with but how'd they gently caress that up. i like the idol character, and that's about it. this show wants its characters to be kooky oddballs, but they forgot to make them kooky. this is failson ikkoku

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

The 7th Guest posted:

the drawings are low-res & upscaled and there's some sort of bad interlacing on them too, so you lose detail on the drawings.

lol did crunchyroll never fix this? if you can find a jp rip of the show it doesn't look like that

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
https://twitter.com/d0nut2x/status/1788191428868260114?t=QCYQWLXjP9Tj5TC0uMbbpA&s=19

More Link Click

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

The 7th Guest posted:

astro note: yo what the gently caress is going on with the art. why's it look like that. the drawings are low-res & upscaled and there's some sort of bad interlacing on them too, so you lose detail on the drawings. the animation isn't even great to begin with but how'd they gently caress that up. i like the idol character, and that's about it. this show wants its characters to be kooky oddballs, but they forgot to make them kooky. this is failson ikkoku

I decided after last week to drop it. It's not horrible, just dull. A promising idea executed unimaginatively.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
I will not be abandoning Kimiko Ueno. Also the recent ep balancing recurring squid puns, a payoff to the love hotel gag, and a surprisingly sweet crossdressing plotline puts it firmly back into Good territory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
tsukimichi very funny, only discovered it this season.

it's like a less worse fruit of evolution, different author but it feels like the same animation style/studio