Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Vermain posted:

felvidek ftw

its really good. much better than GAmer Discourse about Bull poo poo. easy GOTY contender along with shiren.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

exquisite tea posted:

It would be better if people never posted poo poo from twitter at all.

☝️:hai:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Idk, how else will I learn about what video game legend Adam sessler is up to?

xoFcitcrA
Feb 16, 2010

took the bread and the lamb spread
Lipstick Apathy
Idk, how else will I learn who video game legend Adam sessler is?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Felvidek is a really good game outside of "the jew" and that part sitting weird with me is why its not my front runner for game of the year.

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

Eej posted:

Let's immerse an entire thread in the unchecked negativity and brainrot from the internet how could this possibly go wrong

How about we make an entire website and attached forums about it, it's gonna be loving wild!

Anyway there's threads like that over at PYF and they're all rear end. The concept has been tested and found wanting.

I don't mind people pointing out insanely bad takes from prominent gamers or gaming industry people, though. Cheap transient laughs at the expense of idiots is good fun. It just doesn't make for a decent thread.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

StoryTime posted:

How about we make an entire website and attached forums about it, it's gonna be loving wild!

Well it sure worked out for Lowtax

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
You might say he was blown away by the success!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
FF4: Ok ok I know I've given Cecil a hard time about his attempt to use Just Following Orders to get through this world's version of the Nurenberg trials but look! He's gone off on one of those rich kid ayahuasca retreats to find himself and it turns out he's a nepo baby so we have to call him the hero now!

Also, Granpappy Misogynist has WMDs

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

xoFcitcrA posted:

Idk, how else will I learn who video game legend Adam sessler is?

This

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Barudak posted:

Felvidek is a really good game outside of "the jew" and that part sitting weird with me is why its not my front runner for game of the year.

reposting my thoughts about it from the i just beat a game thread:

Foul Fowl posted:

i think 'the jew' is definitely a case of no good english translation being available and a complete lack of cultural context, with no real solution. 'jew' is a very loaded term in english, by itself, in a way that isn't the case in other languages (at least the ones i speak). 'the jew', as a character archetype in a story, is obviously racist. but it's also a very common cultural trope, and i think the game deliberates subverts it given that the guy gets hosed with by a bunch of people, as he's vulnerable due to being ostracized from the community, and you end up murdering every one of them. he's integral to your quest because of his genius for invention. towards the end of the game there's a character that tries to tempt you with the power to make slovakia a world power at the expense of turks and other ethnic and religious enemies and your character tells him to stfu and put his dukes up, it's time to fight. i think there's an even more incisive point the game makes regarding this after that but that's a big old spoiler for one of the best moments in the game.

though i wouldn't blame anyone who finds it weird and off-putting

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
da jews

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Foul Fowl posted:

reposting my thoughts about it from the i just beat a game thread:

though i wouldn't blame anyone who finds it weird and off-putting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruFdHCyRppI

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I said come in! posted:

Spy x Family owns so hard, I really want to see the movie.

I hadn't watched one episode of the show and I enjoyed the film.

I will probably go back and watch the series, if it were the same template of "Loid and Yor have parallel sick tactical espionage action sequences that never intersect to ruin the premise" it would probably get old quick but I'm told that isn't what it is

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Infinitum posted:

Also we post cool pets ITT occasionally

Glitch is now entering Winter Mode, aka being asleep under my desk half the day.

Look at this coolwarm birdcat :radcat:

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Dog

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Genuinely wondering how EDF 6 is going to top the finale of EDF 5.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

What's this game from

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I will probably go back and watch the series, if it were the same template of "Loid and Yor have parallel sick tactical espionage action sequences that never intersect to ruin the premise" it would probably get old quick but I'm told that isn't what it is

Yes do it! There is just two seasons right now, and season 2 is only half way through with a break currently. Easy to get caught up. Its a very good anime, and I say that as someone who doesnt watch anime really.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

A new Arkham game!

oh...

oh :smith:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpN_Abd1RQc

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

exquisite tea posted:

What's this game from

Skyrim. Just shy of 2,000 mods running.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Was gonna guess mobile game but just as bad

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Finally a rat punching VR sim

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
There was a Batman game for the PSVR 1. It was kinda neat, no combat or anything just static scenes in which you do detective stuff or examine pieces of bat-history. Looked pretty great because they were able to use the Arkham series assets

The mugger who kills your parents leans in to intimidate you except he got so close it popped up the "please get your head out of the scenery" message, rude

Steve Yun posted:

Finally a rat punching VR sim

Dishonored VR when

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

wow! I bet there is a very funny graph somewhere that shows an issue around 0:05

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Spy X Family is roughly 70% funny family shenanigans, 20% funny spy shenanigans and 10% deathly serious spy shenanigans. Yor and Loid both have missions but they rarely intersect in genuine ways. Usually Yor gets involved in some unknowing way and hilariously fucks poo poo up because she is a murder elemental if she's involved with one of Loid's missions, and Yor's stuff tends to be minimized because brutal murder can be hard to make funny, though she gets at least one arc which is basically a John Wick movie starring her.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Infinitum posted:

A new Arkham game!

oh...

oh :smith:

marlonbrandolamentingjamescaan.mp4

:sigh:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Buttman: Arseham Shittow

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

My rig isn't powerful enough to run that game

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
That's obviously fallout not skyrim

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Spy Family sounds like a Spy Kids reboot where the Spy Kids as parents just do what Antonio Banderas and Carla Gugino did in the first one.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Khanstant posted:

Spy Family sounds like a Spy Kids reboot where the Spy Kids as parents just do what Antonio Banderas and Carla Gugino did in the first one.

the main running gag that separates it from something more spy kids-esque is that loid and yor have zero clue that the other is a secret agent of any kind and comically overlook anything that might hint otherwise, so various humorous circumstances result

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Khanstant posted:

It's basically Mr. and Mrs. Smith but with more goofy comedy and a small psychic child.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

haveblue posted:

Dishonored VR when

it's not even funny how well a mechanic like blink works/can work in VR

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

it's may https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4059772

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

ImpAtom posted:

It's basically Mr. and Mrs. Smith but with more goofy comedy and a small psychic child.

This is Bond erasure and I will not stand for it. He is the best boy. :colbert:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

still posting in the April thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Thank you